Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dandy Dozen - 12 Takeaways from the Semi state games

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis has beaten Cathedral 15 of the last 16 times they've played and 14 straight including, I'm told, the worst playoff lost in Cathedral history in 2016. Has anyone else had that kind of success against the Irish? Not gloating or flexing...I'm really curious.

"Flexing" means to boast or showboat for those who may be wondering..I kid I kid 😃 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

A minor downturn could put them back in 5a. But I agree, they can be as good as they want to be. And kudos to the coaching staff for putting a team like that together. It's just nice to hear some of the Cathedral faithful admit to having some advantages over their public school counterparts. The "were a small school" talk makes me want to vomit. 

Please don't vomit on your keyboard.😉

Honestly, it's flattering that a lot of threads turn into Cathedral bashing.  It's strange that the same wasn't true when Sheridan was stringing those state banners back in the day.  I do realize that there wasn't as much internet access in those days, but not much outrage when they were not "moving up."

Good luck to all who make it up or down to LOS this weekend.  It will be good to get back to normal, and to be able to watch other games during the day.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day.  We do have a lot to be thankful for.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis has beaten Cathedral 15 of the last 16 times they've played and 14 straight including, I'm told, the worst playoff lost in Cathedral history in 2016. Has anyone else had that kind of success against the Irish? Not gloating or flexing...I'm really curious.

The cathedral of the past 5 years is a different animal

And BD is not what it was relative to the rest of the field.  

#2-Warren Foster and his family working chain gang Friday night at the semi-state game at Ames Filed between Zionsville - Michigan City.

Warren has been both working chain gang and has been the official score keeper for Elston, Rogers and MCHS for the past 57 consecutive seasons.

Friday night was his first ever semi-state.  

Warren Foster is somebody who should be enshrined in the Indiana Football Hall of Fame.

9B19B7AD-744C-49E5-ABFF-F1299499D0C7.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Honestly, it's flattering that a lot of threads turn into Cathedral bashing.  It's strange that the same wasn't true when Sheridan was stringing those state banners back in the day.  I do realize that there wasn't as much internet access in those days, but not much outrage when they were not "moving up."

Good luck to all who make it up or down to LOS this weekend.  It will be good to get back to normal, and to be able to watch other games during the day.

Ooooohhh there was plenty of Blackhawk-bashing back in the day lol. We just didn't have the tech to be so loud about it.  Heck, now that you point it out, I've got some catching up to get going on........ 😝 

Nah, I won't do that*.  I dunno how this will fly, but I'd kind of like to think of it as a badge of honor: I don't hear as much bashing about the Patriots these days as just 3 short years ago, nor the Bulls of the 90s, nor the Yankees of, well lots of times... and best I can tell is it's because what each team has in common now is they're not winning like they were during the more "bashful" days.  So it seems to come with the turf when other teams' fans are looking up at a single school, year after year.  A "they hate us cuz they ain't us" sort of thing, right?  So far as I have been able to tell, at least most Irish faithful have some class to dealing with constantly carrying Target #1 on their heads; heavy weighs the crown...  

*(Not that I would, but I could... "What did you all think about how the Sheridan PA man called play-by-play when Blackhawks were on defense?  Telling the home team what the opposing offense was doing in real time." 🤦‍♂️)

On 11/23/2021 at 11:10 PM, PHJIrish said:

IMO, Sheridan is a poor example for making your point. They are public and dont think you'll get alot complaining with that. Now, if you want to bring up LCC and their run of 4 straight and 5 out of 7 a couple years later than Sheridans run, then there was PLENTY of complaining !

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, Footballking16 said:

I'd love to see you make an argument that schools like Chatard, Cathedral, New Pal aren't some of the best programs in the state despite not playing in the largest class? 

Every other thing you say is dumb, why not at least give us one more laugh?

Glad you mentioned Cathedral in your response. Finally we align. And I think the vast majority of GID followers would rank Cathedral year in and year out ahead of great programs like Chatard and New Pal. Cathedral, with the size of roster they have and their history of placing players at the next level doesn’t belong sandbagging in 5A. 

Everything I say is dumb?  Back to insults…your other tactic…when you can’t hang….

RENT FREE DUDE!! 🤣

18 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Everything I say is dumb?  Back to insults…your other tactic…when you can’t hang….

RENT FREE DUDE!! 🤣

Truth hurt? I mean you felt it was name calling with the comment "Word to jack-o-lantern world" hope you grow some thicker skin. Heaven forbid @Olympian06brings the pain. You might need a therapist!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Truth hurt? I mean you felt it was name calling with the comment "Word to jack-o-lantern world" hope you grow some thicker skin. Heaven forbid @Olympian06brings the pain. You might need a therapist!

I’ve hurt a lot of feelings on this site, took a few suspensions, won a few bets for GID donations. Don’t think Bash and I have had a spat yet lol. I’ve been on my best behavior lately 😂

On 11/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, FastpacedO said:

Reading comprehension an issue??  

FB16's incessant name calling is hilarious.  One resorts to name calling when they have nothing left of value in a discussion.  So, they hide behind a computer and resort to names.  I just find it flat out funny when one hits a wall and resorts back to junior high behavior.  

If I ever do need a therapist, I will definitely hit you up for referrals.  But I promise...it won't be driven by a high school football forum.  Not even Olymian06..... 😆

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

FB16's incessant name calling is hilarious.  One resorts to name calling when they have nothing left of value in a discussion.  So, they hide behind a computer and resort to names.  I just find it flat out funny when one hits a wall and resorts back to junior high behavior.  

If I ever do need a therapist, I will definitely hit you up for referrals.  But I promise...it won't be driven by a high school football forum.  Not even Olymian06..... 😆

Incessant name calling? Stop being an idiot and shit-stirrer and I wouldn’t have to call you out. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Nope definitely not an issue (nice try at a dig though). If you would like I can paste an earlier post where you used your "result to name calling" rubbish because I stated "Word to Jack-o-Lantern world". Like I said thicker skin is definitely needed and the White Goodman "I'm better than you and I know it" sentiment is old and wore out. Moving on.

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I’m sure he’s used to it in everyday life…people that purposely obtuse usually are.

FBK is a smart guy.  Hes not an idiot.  he indeed is a smart ass.  The kind of guy who needs a punch in the face every now and then

23 hours ago, HHF said:

FBK is a smart guy.  Hes not an idiot.  he indeed is a smart ass.  The kind of guy who needs a punch in the face every now and then

He also doesn’t understand the basics of the sport.

Check the tape from Friday where he left Gibson Southern and their 4 star QB for dead in the second quarter.

Bet he also gives up on a tough poop when he is constipated.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

He also doesn’t understand the basics of the sport.

Check the tape from Friday where he left Gibson Southern and their 4 star QB for dead in the second quarter.

Bet he also gives up on a tough poop when he is constipated.

Another clown take.

Gibson Southern’s 4* QB wouldn’t have seen the field once, let alone twice to end the first half had I been coaching. Can’t throw an interception if you don’t throw the ball. 

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Another clown take.

Gibson Southern’s 4* QB wouldn’t have seen the field once, let alone twice to end the first half had I been coaching. Can’t throw an interception if you don’t throw the ball. 

Ah, a Madden expert.  Gotta love it.

Where do you coach by the way?