Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship Game Gibson Southern vs Brebeuf Jesuit

1 minute ago, MDAlum82 said:

Apparently Shirley is not ready to go home just yet! 

Brebeuf dug a big hole for Titans but they have nearly made their way out.  GS was in BIG TROUBLE but found a way to get a couple TOs and back within 1 to start 2nd half and they get the ball. 

Yep.

Not sure what the hell Brebeuf was doing there the last 4 minutes of the half.

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Your expectations of officials are often way too low.

We get sticking up for your own, but come on.

Human error is part of the game I guess.

Not sure what else I can say other than it was an error, and how is that “sticking up” for anyone? And you have no idea what my expectations for the officials are.

Just now, Bobref said:

Not sure what else I can say other than it was an error, and how is that “sticking up” for anyone? And you have no idea what my expectations for the officials are.

Your defense of the missed touchdown on the opening drive of the 1a contest was embarrassing and showed your hand.

You’ll protect your own at any cost.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Your defense of the missed touchdown on the opening drive of the 1a contest was embarrassing and showed your hand.

You’ll protect your own at any cost.

Ummmm, I think if you’ll look back I said I thought it was a TD, but it is unrealistic to expect the linesman on a 5 man crew to be in the optimal position to make that call. It was not humanly possible. He is not going to be able to beat that kid to the pylon given where the snap took place. You may think the officials can see everything the camera does, but they can’t. Your unwillingness to acknowledge the very real shortcomings of a 5 man crew shows that you really don’t know as much about football as you think you do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bobref said:

Ummmm, I think if you’ll look back I said I thought it was a TD, but it is unrealistic to expect the linesman on a 5 man crew to be in the optimal position to make that call. It was not humanly possible. He is not going to be able to beat that kid to the pylon given where the snap took place. You may think the officials can see everything the camera does, but they can’t. Your unwillingness to acknowledge the very real shortcomings of a 5 man crew shows that you really don’t know as much about football as you think you do.

If Kim Jong-un were sporting zebra stripes, you’d back him unequivocally.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Foolish? Nothing would please me more to see Brebeuf lose, have never been a fan of Brebeuf.

But we’re watching coaching malpractice the last 6-7 minutes of game time.

You had the bus warmed up at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Or the 4 star quarterback on the other team…

Exactly!!!

You’re up 2 scores with 4 min left in the half and DOMINATING both lines of scrimmage. Why on earth are you throwing the football? Run the football (and the clock) and keep the 4 star QB on the sideline.

Football is such a complicated, yet simple game.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Or the 4 star quarterback on the other team…

Dropping the 4th & 21 pass btwn 3 DBs may have earned him a 5th star...

However, as I type this Brebuef gets a TD to close within 10 pts...VERY NICE play by the DB to wipe out the 2 pt try.

Can Brebuef get a stop this half?