Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State Championship Predictions

Predict who will win in each class and add any thoughts you have. I'll start.

1A: Adams Central vs. Indianapolis Lutheran - Saints win this one by a lot. I think they would even win 2A.

2A: Evansville Mater Dei vs. Andrean - This one could really go either way and both teams have been playing well. Give me the Wildcats by one score.

3A: Brebeuf Jesuit vs. Gibson Southern - Brady Allen and company are just too good on offense. This is the year we will remember the Titans.

4A: Northridge vs. Mt. Vernon (Fortville) - The Marauders have impressive team speed+strength which puts an end to the impressive run by Northridge.

5A: Cathedral vs. Zionsville - The Fighting Irish are the 2nd best team in Indiana regardless of class and will continue to show it with a big win here.

6A: Center Grove vs. Westfield - The Trojans continue their dominance and win another state title. The 'Rocks are tough but Trojans win by two scores.

Edited by Football Fanatic
  • Like 2

1A: Adams Central vs Lutheran: I think Adams Central wins this game in a close one. Lutheran has a weird way of not winning games in Semistate or State that they are favorites in, going back to the last 10 years. 

2a: Andrean vs Mater Dei: I think Andrean wins this game in a close one as well. This may be one of my favorite matchups of the weekend. Two powerhouse private schools that possess a lot of talent on both teams. 

3a: Brebeuf vs Gibson Southern: This is my favorite game of the weekend. Brebuef's D-Line will be the difference in the game and get key pressure on Allen. After seeing GS play Tri-West on Saturday, GS plays a fun brand of football with a lot of team speed on their side. I think this is another game that goes to the wire. Brebeuf's explosiveness in the pass game should be concerning to the GS defense. 

4a: Northridge vs Mt. Vernon: Northridge's Cinderalla run ends with a loss to the Marauders. Mt. Vernon is just too explosive for Northridge to contain for 48 minutes. I think this will be the best atmosphere of the 6 games. 

5A: Zionsville vs Cathedral: I think this game will end with a final score similar to the New Pal/Cathedral game in the Regionals. I just don't see how Zionsville gets it going offensively against one of the best defenses in the state. 

6a: Westfield vs CG: The amount of high-level talent in this game is unbelievable. It'll be a well-executed game on both sides but CG wins this by 2-3 TDs. I just don't see how Westfield will be able to run the ball against the Trojans' stout DL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

1A: Adams Central vs Lutheran: I think Adams Central wins this game in a close one. Lutheran has a weird way of not winning games in Semistate or State that they are favorites in, going back to the last 10 years. 

2a: Andrean vs Mater Dei: I think Andrean wins this game in a close one as well. This may be one of my favorite matchups of the weekend. Two powerhouse private schools that possess a lot of talent on both teams. 

3a: Brebeuf vs Gibson Southern: This is my favorite game of the weekend. Brebuef's D-Line will be the difference in the game and get key pressure on Allen. After seeing GS play Tri-West on Saturday, GS plays a fun brand of football with a lot of team speed on their side. I think this is another game that goes to the wire. Brebeuf's explosiveness in the pass game should be concerning to the GS defense. 

4a: Northridge vs Mt. Vernon: Northridge's Cinderalla run ends with a loss to the Marauders. Mt. Vernon is just too explosive for Northridge to contain for 48 minutes. I think this will be the best atmosphere of the 6 games. 

5A: Zionsville vs Cathedral: I think this game will end with a final score similar to the New Pal/Cathedral game in the Regionals. I just don't see how Zionsville gets it going offensively against one of the best defenses in the state. 

6a: Westfield vs CG: The amount of high-level talent in this game is unbelievable. It'll be a well-executed game on both sides but CG wins this by 2-3 TDs. I just don't see how Westfield will be able to run the ball against the Trojans' stout DL. 

We’ll said.  John Harrell has both Gibson Southern and AC favored.  3A game will be a great game.  BJ wins 38-35 for the reasons u noted.
1A game will be a good one.  Covenant and Busco made them work a little in sectional.  Lutheran handled Scecina in regular season while Eastside was a bit too much for AC. Lutheran 24-21.  

Tough break for the Busco eagles.  LCC and Pioneer moved out of the way into 2A.  Without Covid freeze it may have been their year.

3 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

If I am a betting man, there will probably be a BUNCH of 1 step (since Allen is in the shotgun) and out type of throws to limit the pass rush of Strickland, Childers, & Co. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

6A--Westfield

Wow Westfield? Would take a monumental effort from all those guys who will never play at the next level. You know the ones who still lean on the fence at home games telling tall tales about their high school career . . You know like half the members of this forum.   At least they could tell everyone that doesn't believe them 20 years from now they beat center Grove at state in 21....   

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Wow Westfield? Would take a monumental effort from all those guys who will never play at the next level. You know the ones who still lean on the fence at home games telling tall tales about their high school career . . You know like half the members of this forum.   At least they could tell everyone that doesn't believe them 20 years from now they beat center Grove at state in 21....   

I think it’s more than 1/2 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

1A - Lutheran

2A - Mater Dei

3A - Gibson Southern

4A - Mt. Vernon Fortville

5A - Cathedral

6A - Center Grove

I have the "Southern Slam", with a side of fingers crossed and possibly some humble pie...😎

1A: Adams Central: IF AC can control the line of scrimmage and churn out long scoring drives, I like their chances.

2A: To me this is a coin flip. These teams are very similar in what they do and how the program is run. Mater Dei is probably pumped they don’t have to run into Luers at state again to ruin their fun! I’ll take MD by 3.

3A: Brebeuf Jesuit: Another good matchup, I just think the level of competition that GS plays in the regular season shows here. Still a close game but Brebeuf takes it.

4A: Mt. Vernon: Any team that can take it to Roncalli and that mammoth offensive line is pretty darn good 👍🏼 Northridge has been impressive but the run ends here.

5A: Cathedral: I think these last 2 games are easier to call. Zionsville will make it a better game than last year but still not enough.

6A: Center Grove: See above ⬆️: Although LN did make CG look human a few weeks back 👀 it’s still CG by 2-3 scores. 

Good Luck and God Bless to all players and coaches this weekend!!

16 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

3A: Brebeuf Jesuit: Another good matchup, I just think the level of competition that GS plays in the regular season shows here. Still a close game but Brebeuf takes it.

Soooo

6A columbus north who won Conference Indiana and only ran into center grove

5A New Albany who won Hoosier Hills conference and made it to Semi state before losing to cathedral 

Kentucky 5A #2 South Warren who is in the Kentucky semi states currently

Heritage Hills….twice

Southridge….

Opponent records of 86-55….or 86-42 if you take out the losses they received to GS

ya know what.  I hope it does show because hats off to the coaches & administrators for making this schedule what it is.  We played a damn good schedule and faced numerous great teams.  

It’s come a long way from facing mostly 2A schools a few years ago to what it is now…which is a schedule that is on par or better than with most of what 5A is 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

error on my part… I think CG will win by double digits… Have no idea why Input Westfield.  Editing my post now

4 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

1A--Lutheran

2A--Andrean

3A--Gibson Southern

4A--Mt. Vernon

5A--Cathedral

6A--CG

28 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

error on my part… I think CG will win by double digits… Have no idea why Input Westfield.  Editing my post now

Nope No Take Backsies - buddy jesus | Meme Generator

• Haha 2

Friday

Adams Central vs. Lutheran - Two massive offenses meet two stingy defenses. This game will come down to whoever wants it more. Adams Central by 1

Brebeuf Jesuit vs. Gibson Southern - The Titans have one of the best cultures in small class football, expect them to pack LOS. The Braves might make this one closer than some expect, though. Gibson Southern by 6

Zionsville vs. Cathedral - Either the Eagles or the Rocks are coming up with an upset this weekend... the Irish aren't letting it happen on Friday. Cathedral by 15

Saturday

Andrean vs. Mater Dei - This is the most interesting matchup to me. On one side,  we got arguably the favorite out of the South. On the other side, none of the top three from the North made it to LOS. Instead, we have a team that was able to capitalize on the opportunities given to it. Did the Fighting 59er's get lucky with an Eastside team that was worn down? This one will be good. Mater Dei by 3

Northridge vs Mount Vernon - This one, unfortunately for the Raiders, is going to be the most lopsided. Marauders end the Cinderella season. Mount Vernon by 20

Westfield vs Center Grove - I know what you're going to say: "you just said above that the Rocks were going to get the upset!" I did indeed say that, hypothetical internet stranger. That doesn't stop me from also thinking that the Trojans are still the better team. The Shamrocks will need to pull every single trick out of the bag to pull this one off. If they can punch the Trojans in the stomach hard and early, they could pull it off. That said, Center Grove by 8

I might be biased, but I still think the North could pull a couple out of the hat this weekend, don't count your physically superior Southern chickens yet. 

I am usually a big school guy but for some reason the 5A/6A games just don’t move the meter for me.  I think it has to do with the geography.

I think the other four games have the potential to be extremely close and could go either way.

I’ll sleep on my predictions one more night.

41 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

Westfield vs Center Grove - I know what you're going to say: "you just said above that the Rocks were going to get the upset!" I did indeed say that, hypothetical internet stranger. 

You beat me to it. Good stuff, as usual. 

Friendly reminders for those that have not yet - you can still donate to the GID this year! Even though we hit the goal of $3,300 - every dollar counts! It is a constant, revolving cost year in and year out. A surplus is ALWAYS good.

To make things interesting, if anyone is willing to take me up on a friendly wager for a donation, I'll take the 6 North teams this weekend and you can take the 6 South teams this weekend. For each South team that wins, I'll donate $5. For every North team that wins, you donate $5. If the South or the North teams SWEEP, lets add another $5.

Any takers?

3 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Friendly reminders for those that have not yet - you can still donate to the GID this year! Even though we hit the goal of $3,300 - every dollar counts! It is a constant, revolving cost year in and year out. A surplus is ALWAYS good.

To make things interesting, if anyone is willing to take me up on a friendly wager for a donation, I'll take the 6 North teams this weekend and you can take the 6 South teams this weekend. For each South team that wins, I'll donate $5. For every North team that wins, you donate $5. If the South or the North teams SWEEP, lets add another $5.

Any takers?

I'll take you up on that.  Not to bet, per se, but to chip into the forum, come what may.  My only caveat: I'll take Zionsville in 5A.  😉  Plz lmk if we have an accord?  🤝

Edited by Azi

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Soooo

6A columbus north who won Conference Indiana and only ran into center grove

5A New Albany who won Hoosier Hills conference and made it to Semi state before losing to cathedral 

Kentucky 5A #2 South Warren who is in the Kentucky semi states currently

Heritage Hills….twice

Southridge….

Opponent records of 86-55….or 86-42 if you take out the losses they received to GS

ya know what.  I hope it does show because hats off to the coaches & administrators for making this schedule what it is.  We played a damn good schedule and faced numerous great teams.  

It’s come a long way from facing mostly 2A schools a few years ago to what it is now…which is a schedule that is on par or better than with most of what 5A is 

Columbus North is a solid win no question. It’s never easy to beat a 6A team as a smaller school. New Albany had a tremendous run this year but going into the year was New Albany considered a team to watch in 5A?? No. Kentucky Warren. Great pickup on the schedule. Love that GS picked up an out of state juggernaut. Heritage Hills is another solid 3A program and Southridge a solid 2A program. Agreed also that the schedule is much better than it had been in years past. Kudos to GS for that. I just feel that Brebeuf plays better teams is all. I truly believe this will be the best game of the weekend, I just think SOS plays a part, albeit small. 

26 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Any takers?

I'll take you up on that one.