Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State Championship Predictions

I read in the Evansville paper that there is a chance for a unique feat for 2 of the games.

Mt. Vernons Coach Lidy and Gibson Southerns Coach Hart with a win would become the first to be a father son duo of state championship teams in Indiana

Coach Lidy’s father winning with the 94 castle team and Coach John Hart with Reitz/Warren central.  Hopefully one or both can get the W this weekend…just pretty cool that that it’s never been done before and we have 2 chances to see it happen this weekend 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PDB26 said:

The infallible local newspaper. Sorry, been on the other end of a Kevin Wright buzzsaw. 

I just looked back at the article and either it was edited or misread it because you’re right.  It would be the 2nd duo to ever do it. 

I probably just read it way too fast 

13 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Friendly reminders for those that have not yet - you can still donate to the GID this year! Even though we hit the goal of $3,300 - every dollar counts! It is a constant, revolving cost year in and year out. A surplus is ALWAYS good.

To make things interesting, if anyone is willing to take me up on a friendly wager for a donation, I'll take the 6 North teams this weekend and you can take the 6 South teams this weekend. For each South team that wins, I'll donate $5. For every North team that wins, you donate $5. If the South or the North teams SWEEP, lets add another $5.

Any takers?

I'm in...great way to support the GID and TA's legacy.  I'm certain he will be in attendance with the best seats in the house! 😇

13 hours ago, Azi said:

I'll take you up on that.  Not to bet, per se, but to chip into the forum, come what may.  My only caveat: I'll take Zionsville in 5A.  😉  Plz lmk if we have an accord?  🤝

13 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

I'll take you up on that one.

17 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

I'm in...great way to support the GID and TA's legacy.  I'm certain he will be in attendance with the best seats in the house! 😇

Alright - I'm in for these three. @CLKeller16 and @MDAlum82 - for every North champion, you will donate $5. For every South champion, I will donate $10 (one "bet" for the each of you.

@Azi - I accept your caveat! For every 1A-4A and 6A North champion or Cathedral victory, you will donate $5. For every 1A-4A and 6A South champion or Zionsville victory, I will donate $5.

Thanks boys! Easy way to raise at least another $90 for the GID!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

1,2,3A will be good games until the end.

4,5,6A may have some exciting moments but will be forgone conclusions in the 2nd half. 

I tend to agree.

My “official” picks:

Adams Central 30-24.

Andrean 17-14.

Gibson Southern 27-24.

Mt. Vernon 31-21.

Cathedral 30-17.

Center Grove 34-17.

On 11/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, MuleDriver said:

Wow Westfield? Would take a monumental effort from all those guys who will never play at the next level. You know the ones who still lean on the fence at home games telling tall tales about their high school career . . You know like half the members of this forum.   At least they could tell everyone that doesn't believe them 20 years from now they beat center Grove at state in 21....   

Duh, Westfield has two kids committed to play D1 football next year. Doesn't mean that Westfield wins, but means that you don't have your facts straight. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Duh, Westfield has two kids committed to play D1 football next year. Doesn't mean that Westfield wins, but means that you don't have your facts straight. 

Hey yo, sorry you took my comment the wrong way. Suppose you consider all the guys at Westfield that won't play at the next level some will still be talking  about their high school  glory days 20 years from now when all they amounted to be was a assistant manager at target type of guys . Still clinging to their past glories. I was talking about that part of the team like it will take a monumental effort from those players at westfield high who won't play at the next level so leave it all out on the field. Break n arm leg ankle anything that those guys  can contribute  to get a huge upset of all time Westfield football. Okay so you don't get it no prob. 

36 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Wtg rocks up 7-6 gonna be hard to hang on to that lead but it's a start

Might not have the lead but they are 100% in it. I can’t tell if Westfield is playing better than I expected, or CG is playing sloppier than I expected.

1 minute ago, CLKeller16 said:

Might not have the lead but they are 100% in it. I can’t tell if Westfield is playing better than I expected, or CG is playing sloppier than I expected.

According to cg hc Eric Moore as he headed into half it is cg not playing well.  He may be correct. I really don't have a dog in this one.... but I like underdogs.  Westfield can move football in my opinion this one comes down to the coaching staffs on whoever calls the best game should win. 

10 minutes ago, Major said:

To bad the third team on the field is not up to this games standards. 

No flag on long completion from south to north on Westfield sideline for facemask. Several Centergrove players without mouthpiece in during play. Westfield not being on the field as time expired of the halftime clock. Let’s go on and on. 

10 minutes ago, Major said:

No flag on long completion from south to north on Westfield sideline for facemask. Several Centergrove players without mouthpiece in during play. Westfield not being on the field as time expired of the halftime clock. Let’s go on and on. 

I agree this team is missing lots of calls, but it’s better than throwing too many flags I guess

37 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

According to cg hc Eric Moore as he headed into half it is cg not playing well.  He may be correct. I really don't have a dog in this one.... but I like underdogs.  Westfield can move football in my opinion this one comes down to the coaching staffs on whoever calls the best game should win. 

Not playing well because they haven't seen a team this good in the tournament yet?

• Like 1