Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State Championship Predictions

Just now, Staxawax said:

Sloppy play and turnovers kept the Rocks in it but a final turnover in the red zone was fatal. Congratulations to Center Grove. We might not see as complete a team as this again for quite some time.

First time I got to watch them but I would say their kicking game was not elite? Not fully complete. They are unreal upfront though 

2 hours ago, Major said:

Helmet contact was a bad call. 20 put his helmet outside the body of the ball carrier. 

You must be Ed Hochuli???  The evaluation on a forum is great place to air grievances.  

I have had absolutely outstanding individuals offer opinions on the 3rd team on the field, and THOSE opinions are well founded and appreciated.

At least one I need to check on...and if my phone stops acting up...I'll get a hold of @Bobfef.

2 hours ago, Major said:

To bad the third team on the field is not up to this games standards. 

2 hours ago, Major said:

No flag on long completion from south to north on Westfield sideline for facemask. Several Centergrove players without mouthpiece in during play. Westfield not being on the field as time expired of the halftime clock. Let’s go on and on. 

Chronic whiner. I don’t suppose there’s a possibility his usual disregard for officials is amplified by the identity of the Referee on this crew? In any event, I left at halftime. But I spoke with 7 other observers who also watched the first half. The overwhelming consensus was that the crew was having a very nice game.

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Removing your helmet on the field in celebration is not a penalty? 

Not in high school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Least Westfield made em earn it. 

Not shabby for a team that was not supposed to be able to hang with one of the greatest Indiana football teams of all time, at least according to some of the "experts" on this forum....LOL

I feel for the kid who dropped what would probably have been the go ahead TD and PAT with not much time left in the game. Then two plays later, Webster throws the interception. Who knows why he threw it where he did. Westfield did show the state that they belonged in that game. Back to back 12-2 seasons and 6A runners up in just their 4th and 5th year of playing in the "big boy football class".  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Not in high school.

Thanks. I did not know that. College teammate of mine once got flagged for celebrating a TD by running to the student section, removing his helmet, and cheering with his fraternity brothers. 

The 15 yards was nothing compared to the penalty enforced by the S&C coach on Monday. Lol

On 11/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, CheapSeats said:

1A - Adams Central 28 Lutheran 21

2A - Andrean 24 Mater Dei 14

3A - Gibson Southern 38 Brebeuf 20

4A - Mt Vernon 42 Northridge 14

5A - Cathederal 35 Zionsville 17

6A - Center Grove 28 Westfield 14

Mark it down!

Missed the 1A game, but scores were pretty close!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Not shabby for a team that was not supposed to be able to hang with one of the greatest Indiana football teams of all time, at least according to some of the "experts" on this forum....LOL

I feel for the kid who dropped what would probably have been the go ahead TD and PAT with not much time left in the game. Then two plays later, Webster throws the interception. Who knows why he threw it where he did. Westfield did show the state that they belonged in that game. Back to back 12-2 seasons and 6A runners up in just their 4th and 5th year of playing in the "big boy football class".  

What kind of drop off is Westfield expected to have? There’s 3-4 studs in that senior class who I feel like have played and contributed forever. Preseason HCC favorites still?

16 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

one of the greatest Indiana football teams of all time 

I'm struggling with this one, someone help me out. I've seen more than a handful of teams that could rumble with, or beat this year's CG team over the years. More specifically, teams of the 90's and 2000's. 

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm struggling with this one, someone help me out. I've seen more than a handful of teams that could rumble with, or beat this year's CG team over the years. More specifically, teams of the 90's and 2000's. 

Warren central in the mid 2000s is the first one I think about.  Won 3 straight and were ranked in the top 10 the whole time I believe? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Warren central in the mid 2000s is the first one I think about.  Won 3 straight and were ranked in the top 10 the whole time I believe? 

Ben Davis of the 90's. Lawrence Central was pretty good in 2012. Obviously Warren Central in the 2000's. Snider 2004 with a healthy Quale Lewis was pretty solid. 

54 minutes ago, BTF said:

This is where I’m at too.  I might have agreed mid-season but the Trojans looked mortal over the last month of the season and Lawrence North and Westfield are nowhere near the greatest over the years.

Still a top 20 outfit nationally.

Edited by temptation

50 minutes ago, BTF said:

I thought last years Center Grove team was better than this years team. Center Grove this year benefitted from a pretty weak 6A in my opinion. Ben Davis, Warren, Carmel, the usual cream of the crop, were all considerably down in my opinion. Westfield was a good squad and definitely the second best 6A team by a wide margin but historically I think just ok.

2016 Ben Davis

03-06 Warren teams

I believe were all better than this CG team.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I thought last years Center Grove team was better than this years team. Center Grove this year benefitted from a pretty weak 6A in my opinion. Ben Davis, Warren, Carmel, the usual cream of the crop, were all considerably down in my opinion. Westfield was a good squad and definitely the second best 6A team by a wide margin but historically I think just ok.

2016 Ben Davis

03-06 Warren teams

Ben Davis went 9-4 in 2016.

28 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

2016 Ben Davis

03-06 Warren teams

Something has to be said for running the table though.  Those Warren teams you mentioned were unbelievably talented but only ran the table ONCE (in 2006).

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

What kind of drop off is Westfield expected to have? There’s 3-4 studs in that senior class who I feel like have played and contributed forever. Preseason HCC favorites still?

I doubt if they will be preseason HCC favorites. Losing players like Webster, Hauser, Williams will be difficult to replace. In 2020, their JV, Freshman, and 8th Grade teams all went undefeated, the former two playing the same schedule as the varsity. So I'd expect them to still be solid. QB will be the big question. Cole Ballard was the backup to Webster at the start of the year, but after he was injured in the Cathedral game, I don't believe he saw the field again this season.