Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football Playoff 11/23

BTF

It's almost comical how much "The Bear" doesn't like Notre Dame. There was a good point made about ND's strength of schedule compared to other teams in the Top Ten. And The Bear would never dare mention that ND was still trying to find it's identity at the QB position when they played Cincinnati. Things will work itself out over the next couple of weeks. It's going to be fun to watch. 

I feel like the committee has done a real good job up to this point. I have no complaints with the rankings. Everyone keeps talking about whether or not Alabama makes the playoffs as a two loss team if they play Georgia close. What about Ohio State? What if they lose to Michigan close in a raucous environment at the Big House? I find it interesting that no one is talking about that. 

I still don't think a two loss team should make the playoffs. Like I said in an earlier thread, if you lose twice in one season, you're not a national champion. I'd rather see a one loss Oklahoma State get a crack at Georgia rather than a two loss Alabama team. 

52 minutes ago, BTF said:

And The Bear would never dare mention that ND was still trying to find it's identity at the QB position when they played Cincinnati.

Interestingly enough, Sagarin has the Irish currently about a 3 pt. favorite vs. the Bearcats on a neutral field.

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Interestingly enough, Sagarin has the Irish currently about a 3 pt. favorite vs. the Bearcats on a neutral field.

I wouldn't hesitate to take ND over Cincy if they played again. I think they are both very good teams. The six best teams in the country are cut and dry in my opinion. Oklahoma State could change my mind in the coming weeks.