Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bears fire Nagy, well not yet

SenatorFan

Disclaimer: I am not a Bears fan, I am a football fan.

Just saw a headline on Google that the Bears are going to fire head coach Nagy but not until after the Thanksgiving Day game. Why? Why wait two more days? If he isn’t the guy any longer why prolong the transition? This doesn’t make sense to me. Is it a Bears thing? Why would you want him on the sideline or in the locker room once the decision is made? Maybe one of you Bears fans can explain this…

Disclaimer: I am a Packers fan just like my buddy, @Irishman

The timing of this is next level-bad, or in line with their thinking.   Nothing can be gained from this as it puts the team in a very bad spot.  I really don't think they have an end game here, very few good coaches would want to jump aboard this sinking ship.

• Like 1

You have only to look at how this is being handled to see how dysfunctional the organization is from top to bottom. If we can’t get the McCaskeys to just take their $4 billion and go away, then an organizational housecleaning is in order. Pace and Nagy need to go, and I wouldn’t shed any tears if Ted Phillips was carrying their bags.

As a Bears "fan" (watches this team the most due to being in the Chicago market my entire life), I will apologize now.

Sunday was the first Bears game I watched this entire year.  Their meltdown late.....that's on me.  Sorry.

It had nothing to do with anything that happened in the game.  Just me tuning in.

Expect them to lose today, too.  I will be watching.  I apologize in advance. 

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Bears beat the lions for a season sweep. Guessing contract extension for Nagy lol

Serious note. Anyone catch the coin toss? Sums up the bears in a nut shell. @Bobrefever have both teams defer after a coin toss???

I’ve had some very interesting things happen at the coin toss, but not that one. Nowadays, we simply don’t let them make a mistake. We ask the coach ahead of time what the choices are, and if the captain says something different, you can have a little fun with him. “Bzzzzzz… Wrong answer, but thanks for playing.”  You can thank Jerome Bettis and Phil Luckett for that. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

We ask the coach ahead of time what the choices are, and if the captain says something different, you can have a little fun with him.

Wow, nice way to treat a team Captain as just a dumb jock, and strip away a key part of his leadership role.  Part of being a team "Captain" is now just a sham.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Wow, nice way to treat a team Captain as just a dumb jock, and strip away a key part of his leadership role.  Part of being a team "Captain" is now just a sham.

Better than having a coach in your ear all game because his captain couldn’t remember what his instructions were.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Problem is, Muda, if you let the kid make a mistake, the Coach is going to end up blaming you anyway. I speak from personal experience.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:30 AM, Bobref said:

Problem is, Muda, if you let the kid make a mistake, the Coach is going to end up blaming you anyway. I speak from personal experience.

That’s nice of you in the 90s at whiting I heard an opposing team said defer and the whiting player said we want d first and sure enough whiting kicked off both halves.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:30 AM, Bobref said:

No, had a wonderful sleep.  Just have any issue with adults/authority figures not letting young people who have been put in a leadership role you know, actually lead and maybe make a mistake in doing so.

Ahh, so it's to protect the referee, not actually let the young man in a leadership role learn from his mistake.  Got it.

On 11/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, SenatorFan said:

Better than having a coach in your ear all game because his captain couldn’t remember what his instructions were.

Perhaps the team or coach chose the wrong captain? Again, why are adults in positions of authority so risk adverse about letting these youth leaders actually make a mistake like this during a game?

Edited by Muda69

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, the axe dropped on Nagy this morning. He was followed out the door by GM failure, Ryan Pace. Now begins the process that will shape the next decade for this organization.

Yay,  good news!  Good riddance to another "offensive genius" coach and the Hermit of Halas Hall.

Edited by Muda69

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I hope the Bears consider Eric Bieniemy and Byron Leftwich for head coach.

NO chance.  😂

***See the HC they just canned.***

Byron Leftwich?  Meh.  Let's see what he can do WITHOUT Tom Brady, though I do think he will be a good head coach someday.

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The GM is by far the more important hire. Make sure you’ve got the right guy there. Then let him hire the new coach.

BINGO!

12 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

More than likely they will hire the Chargers head coach. It would fit their M.O. 😂🙄

Why, because he is named after the mascot?

49 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The GM is by far the more important hire. Make sure you’ve got the right guy there. Then let him hire the new coach.

And that person should hire Eric Bieniemy or Byron Leftwich.

Bring Bill Pollian out of retirement to be GM.  He'll probably be closest in age to Virginia Halas McCaskey.