Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Championship Game

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Sitting in the pressbox, so I thought I'd get this started. Post your observations here. My first observation: Lutheran only has about 40 players dressed.

A lot of 1A schools would love to have “only “ 40 players dressed, I swear to God they would 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

What is the HS rule regarding OOB and the pylon?

An airborne ball carrier must have the ball inside any part of the pylon when it crosses. A runner must cross inside the pylon, even if the ball is outside the pylon. The pylon is considered out of bounds in the end zone. So if you touch the pylon, you've broken the plane of the goal line.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Sitting in the pressbox, so I thought I'd get this started. Post your observations here. My first observation: Lutheran only has about 40 players dressed.

3 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

A lot of 1A schools would love to have “only “ 40 players dressed, I swear to God they would 

Lutheran only has 44 listed on their MaxPreps roster.  Accounting for injuries, etc. 40's not bad ... just under 20% of the student body is on the field.  😀

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

An airborne ball carrier must have the ball inside any part of the pylon when it crosses. A runner must cross inside the pylon, even if the ball is outside the pylon. The pylon is considered out of bounds in the end zone. So if you touch the pylon, you've broken the plane of the goal line.

I thought live that the ball was outside the pylon and that he touched the pylon with his empty hand but never really had a good look