Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Championship Game

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

It's another still photo but this is where he launched.

IMG_8844.jpeg

Some part of the ball would have to pass over some part of the pylon before he touched down out of bounds for it to be a score. Keep in mind that this was a 20 yd. run or so. There's no way the Head Linesman could get to the pylon to get a close look at this play. One of the problems of 5 man crews.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Some part of the ball would have to pass over some part of the pylon before he touched down out of bounds for it to be a score. Keep in mind that this was a 20 yd. run or so. There's no way the Head Linesman could get to the pylon to get a close look at this play. One of the problems of 5 man crews.

Zero disagreement from me.  But wasn't the ball marked on the 2?  I took that to mean the ref thought he stepped out of bounds.  Great crew including two friends of mine so I'm not trying to point fingers.  Just curious.

1 minute ago, Grover said:

Zero disagreement from me.  But wasn't the ball marked on the 2?  I took that to mean the ref thought he stepped out of bounds.  Great crew including two friends of mine so I'm not trying to point fingers.  Just curious.

If he didn’t get in(touch the pylon with the ball) then you would take the spot back to where the ball went out of bounds. The other pic from Twitter looks like it was inside the 1

Edited by Huge Football Fan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grover said:

It could also mean that the ball crossed the sideline at the 2 while the player was airborne, and that he first returned to the ground  out of bounds.

Edited by Bobref
  • Thanks 1