Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

If we're being honest

BTF

Who are the best teams in the country at this point in the season? Here's what my eyes are telling me:

1.    Georgia - no one can dispute this.

2.    Michigan - One blemish in arguably the strongest conference in the country. And they were up two touchdowns on the road that game against a team that was ranked #7 at the time. 

3.    Ohio State - Leading MSU 49-0 at halftime was an eye opener. They lost yesterday in Ann Arbor..........so what. I'm not sure Georgia would have won in Ann Arbor yesterday. 

4a   Cincinnati - They've looked VERY good at times, but struggled against some really bad teams. If they beat Houston by two scores, I'll be convinced that they are the one of the top four teams in the country.

4b   Notre Dame - Quarterback play, offensive line play, and defense is vastly improved since their loss to Cincinnati. The Irish had GT down 45-0 at the half just one week ago. It took Georgia all four quarters to do that against the Yellowjackets. Something to think about. 

4c   Oklahoma State - Still not completely sold on this team. They had some very close calls against some sub par teams. But they've also had some impressive wins..............or did they? They play in the Big 12.

4d   Alabama - I wish Auburn would have just put them out of their misery yesterday. But Alabama found a way to score their only touchdown on a 98 yard drive with 1:45 to play. That luck runs out next week after they lose by multiple scores and the Bulldogs send them packing out of any playoff talk. 

Edited by BTF
Grammer - GID is a rough crew when it comes to that

If we’re being honest…..championship weekend showed that Mr. Football is Brady Allen….no matter how talented anyone also is….there is just no topping 5Tds and a 19 point comeback on top of what went on all season.  It was a beyond special year for him and it feels pretty cemented that he should win mr football 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Who are the best teams in the country at this point in the season? Here's what my eyes are telling me:

2.    Michigan - One blemish in arguably the strongest conference in the country. And they were up two touchdowns on the road that game against a team that was ranked #7 at the time. 

3.    Ohio State - Leading MSU 49-0 at halftime was an eye opener. They lost yesterday in Ann Arbor..........so what. I'm not sure Georgia would have won in Ann Arbor yesterday. 

4a   Cincinnati - They've looked VERY good at times, but struggled against some really bad teams. If they beat Houston by two scores, I'll be convinced that they are the one of the top four teams in the country.

4b   Notre Dame - Quarterback play, offensive line play, and defense is vastly improved since their loss to Cincinnati. The Irish had GT down 45-0 at the half just one week ago. It took Georgia all four quarters to do that against the Yellowjackets. Something to think about. 

4c   Oklahoma State - Still not completely sold on this team. They had some very close calls against some sub par teams. But they've also had some impressive wins..............or did they? They play in the Big 12.

4d   Alabama - I wish Auburn would have just put them out of their misery yesterday. But Alabama found a way to score their only touchdown on a 98 yard drive with 1:45 to play. That luck runs out next week after they lose by multiple scores and the Bulldogs send them packing out of any playoff talk. 

Grammer police ?  how bout thread police.... take it to college section....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If we’re being honest…..championship weekend showed that Mr. Football is Brady Allen….no matter how talented anyone also is….there is just no topping 5Tds and a 19 point comeback on top of what went on all season.  It was a beyond special year for him and it feels pretty cemented that he should win mr football 

He might be Mr. Football but I would hope the voters look at more than one game. 

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If we're being honest... This might be the year when we find out if the most important number in Mr. Football is zip code.

• Like 1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tango said:

If we're being honest... This might be the year when we find out if the most important number in Mr. Football is zip code.

While we're on the topic of being honest.................six of the last seven have been from the Indy area. Before that it doesn't seem to be out of balance. I'm not disputing your claim, just doing a bit of research here. 

1 hour ago, Grover said:

He might be Mr. Football but I would hope the voters look at more than one game. 

Not meaning you any disrespect…..but the man did this at the highest level in high school football (STATE). I’ll agree with you not to look at just one game but Mr Allen did this all season besides one game. 

Edited by Once a Titan

21 minutes ago, Once a Titan said:

Not meaning you any disrespect…..but the man did this at the highest level in high school football (STATE). I’ll agree with you not to look at just one game but Mr Allen did this all season besides one game. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

4300 yards passing

58 passing TDs 

6 rushing TDs 

state championship

numerous records broken including some of the top career passing records.

I don’t know how you say no to this resume 

Just looked up this young man's resume. Offers from Purdue, Indiana, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Four star by 247. Kudos to him and leading his team to the state title. I have no dog in the fight, but I imagine he's as qualified as any for the Mr. Football award. 

2 hours ago, Once a Titan said:

Caden Curry did it for all 4 years at a starter in the MIC conference.  Curry played all D line positions during that time and played LB this year as well.  He also blocked on the Oline when needed, blocked from the RB position, and carried the ball as a RB in short yardage situations as you saw last night scoring TD's.  He caught a TD from the tight end position this season...a beautiful one handed catch.  He played special teams getting punt blocks, making a number of tackles on KO and Punt, and was the teams long snapper.  He holds the record for sacks at CG.

No one is more of a versatile game disrupter....not even close.  That's why he has the offers he has at the next level.  He is the best all around football player in the state.

Not to mention he anchored a team that won back to back state championships in 6A...first time ever, with undefeated records, while playing in the MIC.  3 state championship appearances.

Edited by Bash Riprock

My vote goes to Kiyaunta Goodwin, Charlestown. Let's give the award to an offensive lineman for a change. We tend to forget that these big guys open up holes for running backs and allow quarterbacks time throw the ball. Indiana's only 5-star recruit has offers from...............well, everybody. Except Notre Dame, Northwestern, and Stanford. 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

My vote goes to Kiyaunta Goodwin, Charlestown. Let's give the award to an offensive lineman for a change. We tend to forget that these big guys open up holes for running backs and allow quarterbacks time throw the ball. Indiana's only 5-star recruit has offers from...............well, everybody. Except Notre Dame, Northwestern, and Stanford. 

Kid had an amazing time in Ann Arbor yesterday…his recruitment is far from over.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Kid had an amazing time in Ann Arbor yesterday…his recruitment is far from over.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Michigan if he passes up Indiana or Purdue. Best wishes to Michigan recruiting until 2029, then I hope they start failing miserably 🙂

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Isnt the Andrean kid a 5-star? 

2 hours ago, Once a Titan said:

I'm not saying otherwise.  I was just responding to the OP.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

If we’re being honest an Okie State win next Saturday should result in them jumping ND, who has one fringe top 25 win on a neutral field.

I don’t see that OK State’s schedule is much stronger than Notre Dame’s. I would add that the one loss for each stands out. ND has a loss against a team in the top 4. OK St. Has a loss to an unranked Iowa State team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

If we’re being honest an Okie State win next Saturday should result in them jumping ND, who has one fringe top 25 win on a neutral field.

Still not sold on the Big 12. After Georgia, the next seven are a crap shoot. I guess OSU's resume is as good as any for the #4 spot...........but so is Notre Dame's. No one this year did to Georgia Tech what ND did.........not even Georgia. 

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Still not sold on the Big 12. After Georgia, the next seven are a crap shoot. I guess OSU's resume is as good as any for the #4 spot...........but so is Notre Dame's. No one this year did to Georgia Tech what ND did.........not even Georgia. 

Two losses should be an automatic disqualifier this season.  Sorry.