Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

25 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

Tilly is not coming back.  They are already working on two players for next year.   The JV QB was a freshman and will play JV again unless something crazy happens.   The offense will def look different.  

Big loss for Castle, I thought the JV QB was Harper, unless he is injured or doesn’t play

Edited by TigerFan20

5 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

That is a huge loss for Castle unless the JV kid was a stud too. Castle does have some very good pieces remaining but I'm sure this will be a big hit. What else will Castle lose off of this years team? I know Purdy is back and he's a stud. 

Inzerello on Offense, they pretty much return all of their scoring, other than him. They do lose Watson, Reff, Butler and Hughes on Defense 

Castle returning Guerzini, Purdy, Harris, and Aigner is huge for them. Those dudes will be problems for opponents every Friday night. It remains to be seen what kind of supporting cast they will be able to put around them though. If they can put a good line together and field an efficient QB they could be just as good.

Just now, Football Fanatic said:

Castle returning Guerzini, Purdy, Harris, and Aigner is huge for them. Those dudes will be problems for opponents every Friday night. It remains to be seen what kind of supporting cast they will be able to put around them though. If they can put a good line together and field an efficient QB they could be just as good.

That's a big if. Purdy is a monster and will anchor that defense and Aigner coming back is big too, but finding an offensive line and a quarterback isn't easy.  

All States by team 

Castle: 
Sr Adam Watson 
Sr Kris Butler 
Sr Evan Reff 
Jr John Purdy 

North: 

Soph Timothy Dixon 

Memorial: 

Sr Ray Brodie 
Sr Aiden Farmer 
Sr Connor Agler 
Jr Drew Weinzapfel 

Jasper: 
Sr Connor Foley 
Sr Jacob Potts 

Bosse: 

Jr Jaiden Thomas 

Mater Dei: 
Sr Nick Boots 
Sr Eli McDurmon 
Sr James Ralph 
Sr Bryce Humphrey 
Jr Mason Wunderlich 
Jr Joey Pierre 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

All States by team 

Castle: 
Sr Adam Watson 
Sr Kris Butler 
Sr Evan Reff 
Jr John Purdy 

North: 

Soph Timothy Dixon 

Memorial: 

Sr Ray Brodie 
Sr Aiden Farmer 
Sr Connor Agler 
Jr Drew Weinzapfel 

Jasper: 
Sr Connor Foley 
Sr Jacob Potts 

Bosse: 

Jr Jaiden Thomas 

Mater Dei: 
Sr Nick Boots 
Sr Eli McDurmon 
Sr James Ralph 
Sr Bryce Humphrey 
Jr Mason Wunderlich 
Jr Joey Pierre 

Congratulations to all of the young men listed. That is quite an accomplishment for each of you. Looks like some big shoes to fill from some of the graduating seniors but some promising young men returning as well. 

52 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Congratulations to all of the young men listed. That is quite an accomplishment for each of you. Looks like some big shoes to fill from some of the graduating seniors but some promising young men returning as well. 

SIAC was well represented 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:37 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Inzerello on Offense, they pretty much return all of their scoring, other than him. They do lose Watson, Reff, Butler and Hughes on Defense 

My niece should be a very talented second grader in soccer and dance next year -- I don't think she has locked on to a spring sport yet.. We are working on setting up her "permanent" residence at my father's in Santa Claus so she can go to HHHS, but the Castle AD is unwilling to sign off.

It is going to take some strong arming or a bribe (Any advice? I hear Memorial are experts in the Castle talent pipeline... do you find it's best to meet in the Starbucks on Burkhardt or in Newburgh? 😛). Or in seven years, I am going to have to start caring about Castle athletics.

On 12/25/2021 at 4:19 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Saw Reitz announced that they are signing a deal with the Jordan Brand 

That’s honestly huge for a high school program. I don’t think many schools can say they are signed with Jordan. Couldn’t have been cheap but I bet they are very fortunate with the support they have. As big as that is, will it really help attract/keep kids in the program? Can’t hurt I guess. Looking forward to seeing their gear. Look good, play good…right? We’ll see!

Only 3 months until spring camps, 6 months until summer ball, and 8 months until the 2022 season begins. Be here before we know it. 

Edited by Football Fanatic

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

As big as that is, will it really help attract/keep kids in the program? Can’t hurt I guess. Looking forward to seeing their gear. Look good, play good…right? We’ll see!

That’s a big reason Oregon went to their mix & match 100 uniform combinations when Phil Knight dropped a bundle on them.