Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

14 minutes ago, tango said:

Who is the source? (Other than a guy who can't spell Vincennes) This wouldn't surprise me though. Sort of felt like it was coming at some point because Vincennes hasn't really competed in any sport since they've joined. 

Can’t find anything else about this

2 minutes ago, tango said:

C'mon, keep digging. You're the SIAC scoop man...

That guy claiming VL is leaving is Jasper fan, so he is definitely hearing something from someone. I’ll see what I can dig up, been reading that FB thread and it seems like they are suggesting VL is eyeing/assuming the PAC 

10 hours ago, Cappy said:

I’ve heard that as of right now the PAC doesn’t want them as a member.

I have heard there are schools that don’t want them and schools that wouldn’t mind. The schools that don’t want them are citing travel distances.  How far is Washington to Mt. Vernon?  Tell City traveled to Vincennes for years in the Big 8 days.  All that said I wouldn’t be surprised if the PAC says no.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I have heard there are schools that don’t want them and schools that wouldn’t mind. The schools that don’t want them are citing travel distances.  How far is Washington to Mt. Vernon?  Tell City traveled to Vincennes for years in the Big 8 days.  All that said I wouldn’t be surprised if the PAC says no.

I've heard some other reasons but all I've heard are rumors. So I'm not going to help spread them. 

18 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I would think they would only leave if they have a place to go. If the PAC says no, maybe they stay put for now? 

I agree with your thought process.  I can't imagine a school just deciding to go independent.  Linton did this a few years ago, but it wasn't until several years of discussion and they had outgrown their conference in terms of competitiveness.

I would think a school would put out feelers and have talks with where they want to end up before they would jump ship.

Thus far, it's all just rumor and speculation.  Vincennes did just change principals the first of the year.  Any administration change I have witnessed always came with rumors of proposed changes - whether there was any truth to them or not.   

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I agree with your thought process.  I can't imagine a school just deciding to go independent.  Linton did this a few years ago, but it wasn't until several years of discussion and they had outgrown their conference in terms of competitiveness.

I would think a school would put out feelers and have talks with where they want to end up before they would jump ship.

Thus far, it's all just rumor and speculation.  Vincennes did just change principals the first of the year.  Any administration change I have witnessed always came with rumors of proposed changes - whether there was any truth to them or not.   

I can certainly see a new admin looking that the SIAC move closely from all angles to see if it was really the right move for the school competitively as well as fiscally.

19 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Maybe we get our wish to a certain degree and the SIAC gains an open week of scheduling or perhaps VL joins the PAC and GS jumps from the PAC to the SIAC. No offense to VL, but either way I don't think the conference is left in a worse bad position. 

I can’t say I would be a fan of this unless the SIAC went back to having some non conference games.

Memorial and Mater Dei would be fun matchups….but many of us fans enjoy the Heritage Hills matchups just as much….and also gotta keep Princeton in check every year. 

17 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I can’t say I would be a fan of this unless the SIAC went back to having some non conference games.

Memorial and Mater Dei would be fun matchups….but many of us fans enjoy the Heritage Hills matchups just as much….and also gotta keep Princeton in check every year. 

If the SIAC added GS, the two divisions could be EVSC schools (Reitz, Harrison, Bosse, North & Central) and non-EVSC (GS, Castle, Jasper, Mater Dei and Memorial). I would be all for that.

GS could obviously compete for conference titles in some sports (football and softball), but do you think GS would want to take on the higher level of competition across the board? I'm guessing GS is in the hunt for a PAC title in just about every sport, but that wouldn't be the case in the SIAC.