Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

12 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Central had a really nice stretch of seasons recently, not sure about their near future. Reitz and North have struggled for awhile now but I’ve heard both have a lot of young talent coming up so maybe they up their level of play to compete better with the top 4 dogs.

I am intrigued where Reitz and North will end up these next couple of years, both have experience coming into the season, especially Reitz's Defense with 8 or 9 returning starters. And North having some nice weapons on their offense too, Mitchell, Harris, St. Louis, and Northington, although QB is a question mark. Central is a question mark for this season, as I have heard stuff, but I think Coach Zirkelbach can get it done there, but it will take some time. 

23 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

No don’t kid yourself

i remember the days of the Big 8 where the BIG 8 fans would always say the PAC was the inferior conference.  

maybe the SIAC has those country club sports locked down but that’s about it…everything else…any given year the top teams in each conference is on par with each other.  

shoot if memorial was in the PAC I’m not sure there would be much of an argument for the SIAC 

"Country Club sports" = Golf, Tennis, Swimming.

North's girls have golf locked down, Memorial traditionally has tennis, and Castle is the typical swimming powerhouse in the SIAC.

Memorial over any PAC schools in soccer

MD over any PAC schools in wrestling

Several teams over PAC schools in basketball

Castle volleyball over any PAC school

Jasper baseball

Track/CC I don't follow at all, so I can't speak to how the two conferences compare.

Just now, Wildcat1992 said:

North's girls have golf locked down, Memorial traditionally has tennis, and Castle is the typical swimming powerhouse in the SIAC.

Memorial over any PAC schools in soccer

MD over any PAC schools in wrestling

Several teams over PAC schools in basketball

Castle volleyball over any PAC school

Jasper baseball

Track/CC I don't follow at all, so I can't speak to how the two conferences compare.

I'm fairly confident Harrison would dominate track against all teams from the PAC. And I had no idea wrestling was a country club sport. I don't belong to a country club but never would have guessed that one. 

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

I am intrigued where Reitz and North will end up these next couple of years, both have experience coming into the season, especially Reitz's Defense with 8 or 9 returning starters. And North having some nice weapons on their offense too, Mitchell, Harris, St. Louis, and Northington, although QB is a question mark. Central is a question mark for this season, as I have heard stuff, but I think Coach Zirkelbach can get it done there, but it will take some time. 

Catch our interview with North Coach Joey Paridaen at Hoosier Highschool Football

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757/

242196564_193174049676022_1502211767739567628_n.jpg

8d8cab50-457a-4518-ad48-6067ac37783b-997777dd.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by HHF

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Thanks, looked like he was everywhere this week

Ummm..I think in state recruiters in charge of Indiana visit several schools regardless if any kids to recruit or offer. Developing relationships is important but the reality is SW Indiana has very few kids that receive D1 offers in football. It’s really surprising considering the quality of some of the programs. 

Edited by Screagle

VL is going to leave the SIAC and go independent. The PAC is kind of interested if Tecumseh will join the PAC in football and play in the small division. If Tecumseh will join the small division that would put them at 7 small and 7 big. With VL leaving the SIAC it leaves every school with 1 open week which would allow the PAC to play an SIAC school if they choose. Opens up the possibility of GS playing Reitz or Mater Dei or who every. VL is going to pay the 10,000$ exit fee to leave the conference. This information is coming for PAC AD's but nothing is official yet

21 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

21 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

And I had no idea wrestling was a country club sport. I don't belong to a country club but never would have guessed that one. 

In all fairness, @Wildcat1992 definited "Country Club sports" as Golf, Tennis and Swimming. He then went on to include other sports and which teams he felt would dominate over the PAC. So I read it as Country Club sports PLUS these other sports.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SouthernFan said:

With VL leaving the SIAC it leaves every school with 1 open week which would allow the PAC to play an SIAC school if they choose. Opens up the possibility of GS playing Reitz or Mater Dei or who every. VL is going to pay the 10,000$ exit fee to leave the conference. This information is coming for PAC AD's but nothing is official yet

Exactly. I have had similar thoughts and conversations. Lots of upcoming changes in the very near future.

1 hour ago, SouthernFan said:

VL is going to leave the SIAC and go independent. The PAC is kind of interested if Tecumseh will join the PAC in football and play in the small division. If Tecumseh will join the small division that would put them at 7 small and 7 big. With VL leaving the SIAC it leaves every school with 1 open week which would allow the PAC to play an SIAC school if they choose. Opens up the possibility of GS playing Reitz or Mater Dei or who every. VL is going to pay the 10,000$ exit fee to leave the conference. This information is coming for PAC AD's but nothing is official yet

That’s what I have been told too

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

In all fairness, @Wildcat1992 definited "Country Club sports" as Golf, Tennis and Swimming. He then went on to include other sports and which teams he felt would dominate over the PAC. So I read it as Country Club sports PLUS these other sports.

I wasn't referring to what @Wildcat1992 stated. My statement was directed to the poster who claimed that the PAC would be right at the top with the SIAC schools in all sports other than the country club sports. Certainly wrestling isn't one of them and the best team the PAC has to offer certainly wouldn't be anywhere near Mater Dei. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I wasn't referring to what @Wildcat1992 stated. My statement was directed to the poster who claimed that the PAC would be right at the top with the SIAC schools in all sports other than the country club sports. Certainly wrestling isn't one of them and the best team the PAC has to offer certainly wouldn't be anywhere near Mater Dei. 

I love how I make a half tongue in cheek comment about country club sports and then only say the top teams of each conference are usually pretty close.

immediately after I said this:

mater Dei fans enter chat* 

“are you disrespecting us? Is wrestling a country club sport? How dare anyone say they can beat MD wrestling (even though nobody did that)”

😂😂😂

holy smokes….we get it…Mater Dei wrestling is great. Do you really need to chip your own shoulders? lmao 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SouthernFan said:

Have heard similar things but I really don't understand why it has to be 7 in each division other than someone's OCD.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

So Porter Rode transferred to Memorial?  How did I just now hear that?

Kid from Mater Dei, too - Waller.

Yeah the Rode to Memorial has been rumored for a while but did not know anything about the Waller transfer. Another solid RB and big OL for Memorial to work with. Good for them.