Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

10 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Huge news for the Panthers, Harrison didn’t update their stats after Week 2. So I do not know how well he did last season (wasn’t on the MaxPreps roster either). Another great addition to Reitz Receiver Corp coming in at 6’2 185 4.45 40 dash. Also a big hit to a struggling Harrison squad..

Maybe it’s time for an way to early preseason 👀

I agree. Huge addition for Reitz. Absolute game-changer if used correctly with the mix of size and elite speed. If I remember right, based on highlights and word of mouth, he was doing well last season but was unable to play the full season (not sure why). With a fresh start and adding him to an already talented group of skill players, plus to an experienced defense if he goes both ways, it may be just what he and Reitz needs. Seems to be a kid that could go to college for track or football. 

10 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Xavier Thomas - track star and football player for Harrison in Fall 2021 has changed his Twitter bio to RHS and #PantherNation.

Says he is looking forward to running track this spring and playing football in the fall for the Panthers.  

Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to: I wonder if he will have transfer eligibility issues? 

You’re right to ask, never know anymore. I would think if a kid is changing bio information, the kid and/or family must feel fairly confident that it will be cleared. Hope it works out for him, very talented athlete who has maybe been shorted of recognition due to being on a struggling team. 

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

With Vincennes out of the picture, one could speculate that SIAC schools are cutting deals for 2023/2024 non-conference games as we speak.  

Oh I guarantee it. Looking forward to seeing what kind of matchups we get out of all this. 

15 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Xavier Thomas - track star and football player for Harrison in Fall 2021 has changed his Twitter bio to RHS and #PantherNation.

Says he is looking forward to running track this spring and playing football in the fall for the Panthers.  

Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to: I wonder if he will have transfer eligibility issues? 

I saw Thomas yesterday at the Midwest camp, he was in the group with the GS kid and Northington from North.  Thomas looked solid.  The Reitz staff did seem to be very locked into what he was doing lol.

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Mater Dei’s Will Carter has committed to Mount St. Joseph!

On 3/5/2022 at 6:28 PM, gonzoron said:

My daughter is going to Hanover for basketball next year.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:04 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Just saw that Ashton Scheutter will be joining his teammate too at Hanover!

On 3/4/2022 at 8:44 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Commitment Alert: Jasper’s Jacob Pott has committed to play football at Hanover! 

Glad to see these kids going to advance their academic and athletic careers!  The HCAC is getting some good athletes!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Was really looking forward to the potential SIAC-PAC matchups if VL left. I guess it could still happen in the near future though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Don't be jelly belly. Respect the grudge and enjoy the closed conference. 😁

Lol. Closed conference makes me zero difference. Zero interest in finding non-conference games. Memorial has played siac teams in non conference games before adding Jasper and VL. Believe it or not, EM had trouble getting good teams to schedule them in week 2. Nobody likes getting beat by a 3A Catholic team non conference.  Only change is Memorial added VL and it counts. Jasper is still week 1 and has been for years. I’m good!! I would have enjoyed going to GS, if VL didn’t get back in. Try to extend that win streak in our home away from home to 4 games. 😜

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Lol. Closed conference makes me zero difference. Zero interest in finding non-conference games. Memorial has played siac teams in non conference games before adding Jasper and VL. Believe it or not, EM had trouble getting good teams to schedule them in week 2. Nobody likes getting beat by a 3A Catholic team non conference.  Only change is Memorial added VL and it counts. Jasper is still week 1 and has been for years. I’m good!! I would have enjoyed going to GS, if VL didn’t get back in. Try to extend that win streak in our home away from home to 4 games. 😜

SIAC has a strong in-conference schedule, I was just giving a friendly jab about being locked in.  But it does give the rest of the state something to argue about with the Sagarin numbers! lol

Personally, I am ready for the next GS-Memorial matchup... been far too long! I think both teams look forward to that clash.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

SIAC has a strong in-conference schedule, I was just giving a friendly jab about being locked in.  But it does give the rest of the state something to argue about with the Sagarin numbers! lol

Personally, I am ready for the next GS-Memorial matchup... been far too long! I think both teams look forward to that clash.

With all due respect, it’s not the SIAC schedule preventing a GS-EM matchup. You can thank the success factor for that. 

With Bosse moving up, I hope Lincoln gets moved into 32. Sectionals will only give Boonville, Lincoln, and Mater Dei a chance for some fresh matchups each year. 

• Like 2