Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Donovan Baker.  His dad is Randall Baker, who was a stud RB for Memorial.

Donovan is very strong and athletic.  Might also see Landon Horning get some carries.

I’ve heard good things about Horning and even Broines too. I would assume Baker may be the presumed RB1 Candidate, but I saw he has been playing WR lately

22 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Donovan Baker.  His dad is Randall Baker, who was a stud RB for Memorial.

Donovan is very strong and athletic.  Might also see Landon Horning get some carries.

I remember Randall Baker. I know Horning will be a sophomore, is that the same case with Baker? 

Speaking of RBs, how about projected starters or 1-2 punches at the RB position in the conference. I know there has been talk of some transfers, but let's assume the transfers aren't happening or at least are not official yet. I admit I don't have much depth of knowledge on some of the rosters, just taking a shot at it. Lots of returning starters/contributors at the RB position it seems, should be a loaded position! Feel free to add your own thoughts or add input.

Memorial - Donavan Baker - very well built and a solid athlete, think he gets some opportunities regardless of who else they have

Castle - Peyton Guerzini - had a great sophomore season and high expectations last season before the OL was dwindled down and he got hit with an injury, hopefully he has a healthy senior season because that offense will rely on him heavily

North - Angelo St. Louis & Cainen Northington - heck of a 1-2 punch to have as they are both quick and talented, but not necessarily proven yet. With a new unproven QB taking over, they will be relied on heavily

Reitz - Jonas Burnett - has shown glimpses of how quick and talented he is, but has not been able to stay healthy the past two seasons, hopefully that changes his senior season as Reitz could be very solid if so

Mater Dei - Joey Pierre - huge for MD to return their QB and RB to defend their runner up season, Pierre should have a huge season

Harrison - Albert Wadlington - tough to tackle, sort of an MJD bowling ball type, may be relied on heavily to carry the load of the offense

Bosse - JD Thomas - made a name for himself last season until some trouble sidelined him, but good size and talent, with a new QB taking over should be relied on heavily

Jasper - Mitchel Leinenbach - maybe overshadowed by the other horses in the stable last year but still talented, forms a solid 1-2 punch with the returning QB, not sure who else they have in the flex backfield

Vincennes - Tanner Gilbert - he might be more of a fullback but not sure who else they have, and I do believe their JV or freshman RB is a solid player

Central - Rode/Diaz? - Honestly not sure, this is a wait and see, I think they also have a kid named Broshears who is talented but not sure what position he will play

25 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Speaking of RBs, how about projected starters or 1-2 punches at the RB position in the conference. I know there has been talk of some transfers, but let's assume the transfers aren't happening or at least are not official yet. I admit I don't have much depth of knowledge on some of the rosters, just taking a shot at it. Lots of returning starters/contributors at the RB position it seems, should be a loaded position! Feel free to add your own thoughts or add input.

Memorial - Donavan Baker - very well built and a solid athlete, think he gets some opportunities regardless of who else they have

Castle - Peyton Guerzini - had a great sophomore season and high expectations last season before the OL was dwindled down and he got hit with an injury, hopefully he has a healthy senior season because that offense will rely on him heavily

North - Angelo St. Louis & Cainen Northington - heck of a 1-2 punch to have as they are both quick and talented, but not necessarily proven yet. With a new unproven QB taking over, they will be relied on heavily

Reitz - Jonas Burnett - has shown glimpses of how quick and talented he is, but has not been able to stay healthy the past two seasons, hopefully that changes his senior season as Reitz could be very solid if so

Mater Dei - Joey Pierre - huge for MD to return their QB and RB to defend their runner up season, Pierre should have a huge season

Harrison - Albert Wadlington - tough to tackle, sort of an MJD bowling ball type, may be relied on heavily to carry the load of the offense

Bosse - JD Thomas - made a name for himself last season until some trouble sidelined him, but good size and talent, with a new QB taking over should be relied on heavily

Jasper - Mitchel Leinenbach - maybe overshadowed by the other horses in the stable last year but still talented, forms a solid 1-2 punch with the returning QB, not sure who else they have in the flex backfield

Vincennes - Tanner Gilbert - he might be more of a fullback but not sure who else they have, and I do believe their JV or freshman RB is a solid player

Central - Rode/Diaz? - Honestly not sure, this is a wait and see, I think they also have a kid named Broshears who is talented but not sure what position he will play

Love the insight, I forgot Reitz had Burnett, which I think he is a solid back. St. Louis/Northington will be a great combo for North, definitely will depend on them for quickness. Guerizini/Pierre/Thomas are all safe in terms of RB positions. Haven’t heard anything about Jasper, but Coach Lewis will utilize Leinenbach. Central will rely on Diaz this year for the RB position. Gilbert is solid player, hope the Alices can get the best of him this season. And like I said before, Baker will probably RB1 followed by Broines/Horning depending if Rodes can play. The time I saw Waldington play during Memorial/Harrison game, pretty impressed since he got some yardage early on.

And I believe we are less than a month away for the “unofficial” start of the season!

Edit: I think I mistaken Sears for Waldington for Harrison

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Love the insight, I forgot Reitz had Burnett, which I think he is a solid back.

And like I said before, Baker will probably RB1 followed by Broines/Horning depending if Rodes can play.

And I believe we are less than a month away for the “unofficial” start of the season!

He has definitely shown glimpses, has the ability to break a long run every time he touches it due to his small build and quickness. I believe he is a cousin to Mt. Vernon's QB Nicot Burnett. They should both be poised for big seasons! 

Memorial will definitely have options. Any updated word on whether Ellsperman will get the nod at QB or is it an open competition between him and Fisher? I feel like if Fisher seems ready, they may be even better with Fisher at QB and Ellsperman at WR. Or do they give Fisher a year to play JV and take over next year?

Getting close, summer practices and competitions should be picking up by the end the month!

Edited by Football Fanatic

6 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

He has definitely shown glimpses, has the ability to break a long run every time he touches it due to his small build and quickness. I believe he is a cousin to Mt. Vernon's QB Nicot Burnett. They should both be poised for big seasons! 

Memorial will definitely have options. Any updated word on whether Ellsperman will get the nod at QB or is it an open competition between him and Fisher? I feel like if Fisher seems ready, they may be even better with Fisher at QB and Ellsperman at WR. Or do they give Fisher a year to play JV and take over next year?

Getting close, summer practices and competitions should be picking up by the end the month!

There might be a slight competition (from what I have heard), but in my opinion, Ellspermann will continue to be the starting QB due to his experience and being a great teammate. If they wanted too, could do a dual QB system like in 2019 between Stepto/Pence, but I doubt it. Memorial will be loaded at the QB position for a while, as it appears. Since the incoming freshman QB had a great 8th grade season, and the incoming 7th grade seems to be loaded

Yup! Pretty sure the camps are in full swing right now. I know Reitz is having their feeder league camps, the Midwest Camp at Mater Dei is happening right now. Pretty sure the Evansville 7v7 just recently started up. Memorial’s Camp is towards the end of May. Season is slowly getting here!

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I thought for sure William Wallace would be the replacement for Schuetter at Jasper.  I hope so, I have a bunch of Braveheart jokes ready to go. 

I expect Guerzini and Pierre to have monster seasons and I hope Burnett at Reitz (pretty sure there is no relation to MtV's Burnett) gets a full season.  

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I doubt Rode ends up back at Central if the IHSAA ruling comes out unfavorably.  He hated it there.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at Westfield if that happens.  His mom still lives up there and he’s there a lot.

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

There might be a slight competition (from what I have heard), but in my opinion, Ellspermann will continue to be the starting QB due to his experience and being a great teammate. If they wanted too, could do a dual QB system like in 2019 between Stepto/Pence, but I doubt it. Memorial will be loaded at the QB position for a while, as it appears. Since the incoming freshman QB had a great 8th grade season, and the incoming 7th grade seems to be loaded

Yup! Pretty sure the camps are in full swing right now. I know Reitz is having their feeder league camps, the Midwest Camp at Mater Dei is happening right now. Pretty sure the Evansville 7v7 just recently started up. Memorial’s Camp is towards the end of May. Season is slowly getting here!

Personally, I think we’ll see Fisher play quite a bit of QB - and probably be the fulltime starter by season.  But I’ve heard that Caleb will be QB1 going into OTAs.

Fisher is just a more gifted QB, you can’t keep that on the bench.  Plus, Caleb has the athleticism to contribute elsewhere.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Personally, I think we’ll see Fisher play quite a bit of QB - and probably be the fulltime starter by season.  But I’ve heard that Caleb will be QB1 going into OTAs.

Fisher is just a more gifted QB, you can’t keep that on the bench.  Plus, Caleb has the athleticism to contribute elsewhere.

Possibly, it will be interesting to see what they will say halfway through the summer before getting and idea. But Ellspermann deserves it, and the dual QB system is always on the table too, if they ever go that route.

Edited by TigerFan20

Well, at least traveling in S24 will be easier this time around. East Central will most likely be the competitor in the Regional, they are hoping Memorial gets there for a nice little rematch 

Edited by TigerFan20

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Well, at least traveling in S24 will be easier this time around. East Central will most likely be the competitor in the Regional, they are hoping Memorial gets there for a nice little rematch 

Sagarin won't ever be the same, but not having to make that drive to Northview is nice.

Sectional 24 should forever be known as the Habsburg Sectional.

Edited by tango
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, tango said:

Sagarin won't ever be the same, but not having to make that drive to Northview is nice.

Sectional 24 should forever be known as the Habsburg Sectional.

Yea, that drive up to NV wasn’t the best at all. Who ever gets out S24 will have a fun time driving to EC (if they host)

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yea, that drive up to NV wasn’t the best at all. Who ever gets out S24 will have a fun time driving to EC (if they host)

Having made that drive to East Central several times, it is terrible. There really is no straight line to get there from here, and it doesn’t matter which way you go. But their facilities are nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Having made that drive to East Central several times, it is terrible. There really is no straight line to get there from here, and it doesn’t matter which way you go. But their facilities are nice. 

I saw the 2 main ways is go up I-69 then cut into SR 46 or taking I-64. I’ll take my chances and watch the live stream if Memorial gets out of the sectional......or hope for another home regional

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I saw the 2 main ways is go up I-69 then cut into SR 46 or taking I-64. I’ll take my chances and watch the live stream if Memorial gets out of the sectional......or hope for another home regional

If I’m Memorial, my list of questions are:

1. Who will be QB1?

2. Who is the feature RB?

….

623. What is the best route to St. Leon for regional? 

Sectional 24 comes out really nice with the realignments. One less team who could potentially beat our beloved SIAC teams (sorry Jasper and Reitz), one less place to travel. Boonville obviously isn't too bad of a trip, although the field could use upgrades. Now the dreaded trip will be Jasper, especially if you have to do it twice in a season. Bosse enters a more difficult sectional now, but on the positive, they will see more teams who they already play and know more about.

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

1. Who will be QB1?

….

Key word, “IF” lol. Definitely getting ahead of myself, so we shall see how this ends up in a couple of months

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

1. Who will be QB1?

….

exactly..

Looking forward to all the talent coming back in the SIAC this season. Lot of it untapped, underrated, or unknown at this point. Here is just the returning SIAC All Conference players:

QB

2nd team - Jr. Cameron Tilly - Castle -  (not playing this year)

At Large - Jr. Mason Wunderlich - Mater Dei

RB

2nd team- Jr. Jaiden Thomas - Bosse

WR/TE

1st team - Jr. Leo Collins - Memorial

2nd team - Jr. Weston Aigner - Castle

G/T

1st team - Jr. Drew Weinzapfel - Memorial

1st team - So. Timmy Dixon - North

2nd team - Jr. Jack Cassidy - Memorial

K

2nd team - Jr. Tyler Sitzman - Mater Dei

DL

2nd team - Jr. Kelton Farmer - Memorial

2nd team - So. Jayden Hazelwood - North

LB

2nd team - Jr. John Purdy - Castle

DB

1st team - Jr. Bralen Bair - Jasper

2nd team - So. Roland Vera Jr - Reitz

P

2nd team - Jr. Charlie Kabrick - Jasper

• Like 3

Pretty quiet on here lol. Let’s change that, Xavier Thomas is going to be one very fast player for Reitz judging by his Track stats. Believe he took the 100m and 200m last night. North RB Angelo St. Louis took the 110m in Hurdles, will be a solid player for Coach P. Jasper DB Bralen Bair took the long jump crown too. Memorial DB Dasmon Johnson helped to win the 4x100m relay. And Castle’s Will Bacher won the discus throw. Please add if there was any more players that participated in the SIAC championship yesterday! I don’t know where they keep all the records or results 

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Pretty quiet on here lol. Let’s change that, Xavier Thomas is going to be one very fast player for Reitz judging by his Track stats. Believe he took the 100m and 200m last night.

I saw his 100 time was 10.74 and 200 time was 21.55 which I believe is very close to the SIAC record. I think he is now the #1 200m dash runner in the whole state. Just a junior as well. With that speed and size I would imagine he gets some big college looks in track and football. Very dangerous weapon for the Reitz football team who already has a handful of them.

North RB Angelo St. Louis took the 110m in Hurdles, will be a solid player for Coach P. Jasper DB Bralen Bair took the long jump crown too. Please add if there was any more players that participated in the SIAC championship yesterday! I don’t know where they keep all the records or results 

St. Louis has grown quite a bit too I believe. I imagine he will be a difficult guy to tackle. Bair has a great chance to be the best DB in the conference. Very athletic and always in the right place. As far as other results, I think the All-SIAC teams just came out. As far as football players, I saw senior Isaac Maynard from Reitz won the high jump and senior Eli McDurmon from MD won the 400m dash. Other one was junior Domonic Brown from Harrison was 2nd in 300m hurdles. There may be other football players that placed but unsure. Lots of dynamic athletes in the SIAC, looking forward to see how the rest of the track season plays out and then how all those guys perform on the gridiron!

No love for the big guys? LOL 

Zaven Sebree (Harrison)

Garrett Mooney, Timothy Dixon (North)

Cole Wilson, Dane Wilson (MD)

Dashon Stewart (Central)

Ashton Stewart (Bosse)

Adam Watson, Will Bracher (Castle)

I probably missed a few, but a lot of OL/DL guys placed in the Shot & Discus events. 

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 1