Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

48 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

No love for the big guys? LOL 

I probably missed a few, but a lot of OL/DL guys placed in the Shot & Discus events. 

Yeah sorry, I just saw the All-SIAC teams released this morning so it's only 1st and 2nd place lol. And also wasn't sure who all were football players as well. Some teams will definitely be solid in the trenches!

Edited by Football Fanatic
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, Football Fanatic said:

I saw his 100 time was 10.74 and 200 time was 21.55 which I believe is very close to the SIAC record. I think he is now the #1 200m dash runner in the whole state. Just a junior as well. With that speed and size I would imagine he gets some big college looks in track and football. Very dangerous weapon for the Reitz football team who already has a handful of them.

turbo school record.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, Football Fanatic said:

Kind of surprising to me that those records have held this long with all the athletes to come through Reitz. Congrats to Xavier!

I’m in the same boat.  I would have thought there would have been some 10.5 & 20 second speedsters at some point…especially from Reitz when they were dominating at times in the last 20 years 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, Football Fanatic said:

Speaking of RBs, how about projected starters or 1-2 punches at the RB position in the conference. I know there has been talk of some transfers, but let's assume the transfers aren't happening or at least are not official yet. I admit I don't have much depth of knowledge on some of the rosters, just taking a shot at it. Lots of returning starters/contributors at the RB position it seems, should be a loaded position! Feel free to add your own thoughts or add input.

Memorial - Donavan Baker - very well built and a solid athlete, think he gets some opportunities regardless of who else they have

Castle - Peyton Guerzini - had a great sophomore season and high expectations last season before the OL was dwindled down and he got hit with an injury, hopefully he has a healthy senior season because that offense will rely on him heavily

North - Angelo St. Louis & Cainen Northington - heck of a 1-2 punch to have as they are both quick and talented, but not necessarily proven yet. With a new unproven QB taking over, they will be relied on heavily

Reitz - Jonas Burnett - has shown glimpses of how quick and talented he is, but has not been able to stay healthy the past two seasons, hopefully that changes his senior season as Reitz could be very solid if so

Mater Dei - Joey Pierre - huge for MD to return their QB and RB to defend their runner up season, Pierre should have a huge season

Harrison - Albert Wadlington - tough to tackle, sort of an MJD bowling ball type, may be relied on heavily to carry the load of the offense

Bosse - JD Thomas - made a name for himself last season until some trouble sidelined him, but good size and talent, with a new QB taking over should be relied on heavily

Jasper - Mitchel Leinenbach - maybe overshadowed by the other horses in the stable last year but still talented, forms a solid 1-2 punch with the returning QB, not sure who else they have in the flex backfield

Vincennes - Tanner Gilbert - he might be more of a fullback but not sure who else they have, and I do believe their JV or freshman RB is a solid player

Central - Rode/Diaz? - Honestly not sure, this is a wait and see, I think they also have a kid named Broshears who is talented but not sure what position he will play

Gilbert is a FB/wing and will see plenty of touches. Lincoln is also excited to get back Jackson Johnson, who never played a down last season after an ACL tear in warm ups of the Bosse game. 

2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Gilbert is a FB/wing and will see plenty of touches. Lincoln is also excited to get back Jackson Johnson, who never played a down last season after an ACL tear in warm ups of the Bosse game. 

That's great for VL to get a key player back. I knew they had a guy out from the beginning but never heard how it happened, that's extremely unfortunate.  

On 4/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, MHSTigerFan said:

His transfer to Central after 1 year at Westfield was on the up and up.  His transfer to Memorial after 1 semester at Central is not.

Paul Neidig is the former AD at Central.

Porter Rode was denied eligibility in his initial hearing.  Seeking appeal.

Sectional track meet was last night. I saw Memorial's Ray Brodie won the 100m with a 10.58 which is a sectional record. I also saw Reitz' Xavier Thomas won the 200m with a 21.58 which is also a sectional record. Two of the fastest kids in the state are in Evansville! Gotta love it.

I haven't seen many of the other results, how did all the other football players do?

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Sectional track meet was last night. I saw Memorial's Ray Brodie won the 100m with a 10.58 which is a sectional record. I also saw Reitz' Xavier Thomas won the 200m with a 21.58 which is also a sectional record. Two of the fastest kids in the state are in Evansville! Gotta love it.

I haven't seen many of the other results, how did all the other football players do?

North’s St Louis won the 300m Hurdle

Castle’s Will Bacher won the Discus throw

Mater Dei’s Eli Mcdurmon won the 400m dash

Those are the other ones I saw

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

North’s St Louis won the 300m Hurdle

Castle’s Will Bacher won the Discus throw

Mater Dei’s Eli Mcdurmon won the 400m dash

Those are the other ones I saw

When did 400m become a dash? I think of that as a long long distance run. Congratulations to all the football guys. I knew Ray Brodie was fast but man that's crazy. Is he running somewhere next year or playing football somewhere? I hope he is.

43 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

When did 400m become a dash? I think of that as a long long distance run. Congratulations to all the football guys. I knew Ray Brodie was fast but man that's crazy. Is he running somewhere next year or playing football somewhere? I hope he is.

I got it from Washington

Wonder if they changed the name or something, however, I do not know T&F well at all

3 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

He and Thomas are at another level... 

On 5/20/2022 at 9:10 AM, Football Fanatic said:

The Evansville track scene is the deepest in a long time. Brodie and Thomas, as well as Eli McDurmon, are all medals contenders at the state finals and lead the way. 

But two other football guys like Dasmon Johnson (EM) and Drew Martin (MD) advanced to regional as well. Johnson was 7th in the 100 and Martin was 7th in the 200. So top 7 in the city was good enough for top 16 in the regional. That is amazing. 

• Like 2

T&F Regional Update:

Ray Brodie wins the 100m

Xavier Thomas wins the 200m

Eli Mcdurmon wins the 400m

Dominic Brown Jr places 3rd in the 110m hurdle and advances on

Isaac Maynard places 2nd in high jump 

Will post more once the final results are released 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I believe most summer practices will officially be underway today or this week! Interested to hear updates, as the summer goes on, about who all is/is not playing and where transfer candidates end up. Also about how various 7-on-7 tournaments and scrimmages go.

Yup! I believe they officially start tomorrow on June 1st up until Full Contact begins on August 1st? Probably wouldn’t be practicing on the hot turf or this weather in general

11 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

With the off season officially underway, are there any notable absences from camps? Any transfers not yet been discussed on this site? Should be a good year in the SIAC again. 

As of now, the only roster available is Reitz, although very incomplete. As other teams, should start posting details on MaxPreps later this summer. But, I haven’t seen too many notable transfers recently, some, but not a whole lot.

I’m pretty intrigued with the season, can’t wait for Week 1. Seems like the SIAC has 4-5 contenders right now

EDIT: Jasper has an unofficial incomplete roster out, and Castle has one out too

Edited by TigerFan20