Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

7 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Unfortunately the heat will affect practices this week. I would guess no pads for sure and they will be lucky to be allowed outside. Hopefully we can get back to favorable conditions next week!

Yea, this heat isn’t fun at all right now. But hey, indoor practice doesn’t sound that bad!

19 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Ray Brodie has committed to IU-Bloomington for Track!

That dude was the fastest high school football player I think I've ever seen. Memorial will miss him but I don't think anyone on their schedule will. Congrats to him on signing with IU. I look forward to seeing what he does at IU. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

That dude was the fastest high school football player I think I've ever seen. Memorial will miss him but I don't think anyone on their schedule will. Congrats to him on signing with IU. I look forward to seeing what he does at IU. 

We will miss him alright, but I’m sure Coach Hurley has his hidden gem for this season

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I've heard a couple of names floated about, but I don't think anyone is going to play to the level Brodie did last season. 

Depending on the Rodes situation, Baker will he probably be RB1, but incoming sophomores Broines + Williams have potential

1 minute ago, tango said:

@TigerFan20 - I vaguely remember hearing about a named Das Johnson, maybe even a relative of RB3? I believe he is a frosh or soph. Does he play football?  

Dasmon Johnson? Pretty sure he only plays WR/DB, pretty good Track athlete too 

20 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Depending on the Rodes situation, Baker will he probably be RB1, but incoming sophomores Broines + Williams have potential 

I will wear a Castle hat for 1 week and an MD hat for another if Rode gets cleared. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The chances of Rode getting cleared to play at Memorial this fall appear to be slim. The defections from Central are unreal considering just a few years ago Central was the popular school to transfer in to. I understand Herdes is gone as well. What will they have left when the season starts? 

27 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

The chances of Rode getting cleared to play at Memorial this fall appear to be slim. The defections from Central are unreal considering just a few years ago Central was the popular school to transfer in to. I understand Herdes is gone as well. What will they have left when the season starts? 

Too name a few, RB Rojelio Diaz, DE Da’shon Stewart, DE Darrion Stewart, G Kyle Carrier, however, it will be a long season for the Bears overall.

My personal opinion, if he wants to be cleared, I hope he has a good lawyer on hand cause it will be a battle

Edited by TigerFan20

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Top it off, how about you sit on their side when we play them

Well, if the game is at Castle, sitting on the home side is a pretty good deal because after their band plays at halftime the crowd really clears out. 

45 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Did Herdes leave Central or just quit football? I heard a while back he quit football. 

2 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

From what I understand Mr. Herdes has transferred to Castle. I don't think he is playing football but I don't really know that to be honest. 

Castle??? 👀👀👀👀 Since he is unsure about playing football (Basketball and Baseball is what he likes), however, time to shake up the preseason power rankings

Edited by TigerFan20

Well, if he was playing football for Castle, he would have been hiking with the 2023 senior class last week, but did not spot him in the group picture, or any pictures during Castle’s ISU football camp. Or anything on social media indicating he left Central. He could’ve transferred to Castle, but I’m guessing he will focus on Baseball and Basketball. That is my 2 cents, I’ll wait until the rosters begin shaping up next month 

Where are all the Central transfers headed? And now I’ll channel Jerry Seinfeld by asking, “What’s the deal with Ben Davies? I mean a couple of weeks ago he was listed on the Reitz roster…now he’s not! I mean, can someone clear this up for me…can you please clear it up for me!” 

59 minutes ago, Griffco76 said:

Where are all the Central transfers headed? And now I’ll channel Jerry Seinfeld by asking, “What’s the deal with Ben Davies? I mean a couple of weeks ago he was listed on the Reitz roster…now he’s not! I mean, can someone clear this up for me…can you please clear it up for me!” 

Ben Davies is still listed on the Reitz Roster now

Blake Herdes situation is up in the air

Never realized you are a Reitz fan, what do you think of the team so far?

Edited by TigerFan20

9 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

From what I understand Mr. Herdes has transferred to Castle. I don't think he is playing football but I don't really know that to be honest. 

No shot. Bear for life. 

Edited by 812hoops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Griffco76 said:

As far as I know Davies has been a Panther since summer hit. I think someone mentioned that he was added to last year’s roster and that the current year rosters have not been updated for most schools in the SIAC. 

As far as Herdes goes, I’ve heard all sides of the rumors. My best guess currently would be that he is at Central but not planning to play football. However, once August hits, some kids can’t resist not playing football. I think Central will struggle either way but he would obviously be a huge help at QB, especially since we don’t know who else they have there.