13 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

If I had to guess

LT- Cassidy 

LG- Weinzapfel 

C- ?

RG- Hartig

RT- ? Waller

Makes sense, however, in Coach Johnson we trust

Hartig had no snaps at G yesterday.  They were all at T -- some on the left, some on the right.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

today, I think we'll be seeing Ellspermann holding down QB1.  But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some mixing it up -- as was done with Lindauer and Stepto as wildcat.  I think it would be hard to just keep Fisher on the bench.

Fisher didn’t take a snap last night. On the DL for 3 weeks.  I can see Ellsperman leading the team in rushing yards and attempts as Lindauer did. I think running opportunities will be a big part of the offensive scheme for Caleb. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Fisher didn’t take a snap last night. On the DL for 3 weeks.  I can see Ellsperman leading the team in rushing yards and attempts as Lindauer did. I think running opportunities will be a big part of the offensive scheme for Caleb. 

Thanks.  I thought that he had.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Hartig had no snaps at G yesterday.  They were all at T -- some on the left, some on the right.

Well, he is pretty flexible on those positions, Miami might make him a  Tackle due to his height/weight

Edited by TigerFan20

44 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

How did the overall event go? Haven’t heard much about it

Both teams had success offensively.  GS more on the ground with their quick shifty backs and Retiz more in the air.  GS Dline looks really good.  Reitz has dynamic play makers if the Oline provides enough time to get them the ball.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Both teams had success offensively.  GS more on the ground with their quick shifty backs and Retiz more in the air.  GS Dline looks really good.  Reitz has dynamic play makers if the Oline provides enough time to get them the ball.

Thanks for insight Titan! Hope the PAC will represent 3A again!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Yep, I heard similar reports. Here's all the bits and pieces I've heard about it: GS runs the ball well, Reitz pass defense is fast and physical, both teams have a tight QB battle going on, Reitz has dynamic playmakers all over the offense, GS defensive line is very solid, Reitz offensive line may struggle to give their QB time. Overall, it sounds like the scrimmage was very even and beneficial to both programs.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 11:24 AM, TigerFan20 said:

If I had to guess

LT- Cassidy 

LG- Weinzapfel 

C- ?

RG- Hartig

RT- ? Waller

Makes sense, however, in Coach Johnson we trust

Hearing that Vaughn is most likely going to be C.  Hartig kicks out to RT, RG is up for grabs.

RB Rode has been having nagging knee problems.  Supposedly getting it checked out.

17 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Hearing that Vaughn is most likely going to be C.  Hartig kicks out to RT, RG is up for grabs.

RB Rode has been having nagging knee problems.  Supposedly getting it checked out.

Pretty big projected line for Memorial

LT- Cassidy 6’4 250

LG- Weinzapfel 6’2 245

C- Vaughn 5’11? 265 (Don’t know the other names involved in the position)

RG- Waller 6’3 245 (No idea if Hartig takes it back or who else takes it)

RT- Hartig 6’6 290

rest of the O:

QB- Ellspermann 

RB- Rode*/Baker

WR- Collins, Pearce, Johnson, McGuire, Brackett, etc..

Defensively, that line should be pretty big, C. Johnson leads the way in the LB Corp, but I do agree with us having troubles on protecting the outside. Which is something I noticed last year too

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Pretty big projected line for Memorial

LT- Cassidy 6’4 250

LG- Weinzapfel 6’2 245

C- Vaughn 5’11? 265 (Don’t know the other names involved in the position)

RG- Waller 6’3 245 (No idea if Hartig takes it back or who else takes it)

RT- Hartig 6’6 290

rest of the O:

QB- Ellspermann 

RB- Rode*/Baker

WR- Collins, Pearce, Johnson, McGuire, Brackett, etc..

Defensively, that line should be pretty big, C. Johnson leads the way in the LB Corp, but I do agree with us having troubles on protecting the outside. Which is something I noticed last year too

Sr. Kaleb Collins, a 2 year starter, is a question mark on DL.  He’s had some kind of knee issue.  He also looks like he’s lost a lot of weight.

Another couple possibilities on OL are Louis Seward and Ethan Wade.  Seward played some as a sophomore, but not on OL.  Didn’t play last year.  Has gained size and strength.

Soph. Alex Broshears will probably see some varsity action on D.  He’s still a bit undersized.  But he has a tremendous motor.  He’ll definitely be somebody to watch the next three years.

Did some long-snapping as a freshman.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

11 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Sr. Kaleb Collins, a 2 year starter, is a question mark on DL.  He’s had some kind of knee issue.  He also looks like he’s lost a lot of weight.

Another couple possibilities on OL are Louis Seward and Ethan Wade.  Seward played some as a sophomore, but not on OL.  Didn’t play last year.  Has gained size and strength.

Soph. Alex Broshears will probably see some varsity action on D.  He’s still a bit undersized.  But he has a tremendous motor.  He’ll definitely be somebody to watch the next three years.

Did some long-snapping as a freshman.

Hopefully Collins is able to make it through his knee problem, integral  part to the DL. Don’t recognize the Seward kid at all, but I do know Wade has gained a lot of weight.

Mid-Summer Preseason Power Rankings 

1. Mater Dei 

Coming off the 2A State Run in November, Mater Dei is looking like one of the preseason favorites for the SIAC and contender for 2A again. With QB Wunderlich, Stolz, Pierre and Martin returning, MD’s O should be having another formidable offense, although losing McDurmon hurts in the receiving game. Defensively they take a massive hit losing Martin, Ralph, Wolters and Boots, but returns key parts in Darr, C. Martin, Adler, Spencer in experience. Also never count against Goebels in Football, as the Wildcats are gunning for another deep run.

2. Memorial 

Coming off from another deep run in the 4A SS and 1 half away from being in LOS again, the Tigers are definitely one of the favorites in the SIAC. With another big OL shaping up, receivers in Collins, Brackett, Pearce and more. QB Ellspermann will have plenty to choose from, but questions loom who will be the RB on the season. There are some questions on the Defense, due to it being hit hard from graduates, but Coach Johnson will shape it up. As Hurley and theTigers are hoping to see another deep run in November.

3. Jasper

The reigning 9-0 SIAC Champion will be gunning to repeat and contend in the SIAC again, as the Cats have proven they can stay in the race. While they did suffer an unfortunate loss in the first round of the sectional, the Cats will it use for motivation this season. Although losing Foley and Day will hurt on the O, Jasper will find their way. On the defensive end, Blair might be of the best DBs in the conference, unfortunately, Jasper does not provide accessible stats to the public, so my knowledge is limited in returning production. Just a gut feeling that they will place in the Top 3

4. Reitz

An unexpected ranking, Reitz is barely 4th in my power rankings, especially coming off last season. However, with the QB situation in Ben Davies solved and weapons in Burnett, Vera, Beal, Thomas and Summers, Reitz O will improve, but with new faces on the OL, Reitz might see a rocky start in the beginning. All eyes look at the Defense due to the Panthers returning nearly all of their starters from last season, there will be a lot of pressure on the defense for improvement. Can Coach Brunson finally get his first winning season in the SIAC?

5. Castle

An very, very expected ranking for the Knights in Paradise as Castle was looking like a preseason favorite. While their ranking can change, they currently sit at 5. With confirmation of QB Tilly retiring from football to focus on his Baseball career, an QB competition is underway in Paradise between Gordon and Harper. Who ever is under center this fall will have Guerizini, Harris, Bishop, and Aigner to throw too. Castle’s Defense is going to be one of the best in the SIAC, if they can get their offense set up, watch out for the Knights.

6. North

The Huskies are so, so close in achieving an overall winning season, while I do think they are underrated and can pull off an upset or 2. They do lose key important parts in QB Brawdy, RB Hankins, WR Gelhausen and some on the OL. However, with a great RB and WR Mitchell returning with a nice OL, North’s offense shouldn’t be that bad at all. Defensively, they were young with not a whole lot of seniors, but loses MLB Happe. Going to be a tough 4 weeks for the Huskies, which will say a lot.

7. Bosse

With 1 play away from an sectional championship appearance, Mullen and Co got their heads high for Bulldog football. With RB Jaiden Thomas coming back and WR Amari Hope returning will be a nice combo for the Dawgs. But losing a lot on the defensive end too. While it may be a while to see Bosse seeing continued success, for some reason I can see them getting to 3-4 wins potentially. 

8. Central

Seems like the Bears are in a little dark age after continued success. But with a rumor going around saying that QB Herdes might not be done does shed some light for the Bears. However, their problems are far from over as it seems like another difficult season will be coming for the Bears. Coach Z has his hands full, but he is about to challenge.

9. Vincennes Lincoln

With an surprising run in the Sectional Final, which came down to the last Quarter, VL surprised people with their Sectional run. However, there is uncertainty whether or not SIAC is great fit for VL judging by reports in February. The future doesn’t look too good for the Alices, but maybe they can grab another win before the postseason.

10. Harrison

Nothing much to say about Harrison other than that Brooks Thomas might be the best TE in the SIAC at a whopping 6’6 240. Going to be a long year for the Warriors as many, many questions are high. Losing your best defensive player does hurt a lot.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Mid-Summer Preseason Power Rankings 

1. Mater Dei 

Coming off the 2A State Run in November, Mater Dei is looking like one of the preseason favorites for the SIAC and contender for 2A again. With QB Wunderlich, Stolz, Pierre and Martin returning, MD’s O should be having another formidable offense, although losing McDurmon hurts in the receiving game. Defensively they take a massive hit losing Martin, Ralph, Wolters and Boots, but returns key parts in Darr, C. Martin, Adler, Spencer in experience. Also never count against Goebels in Football, as the Wildcats are gunning for another deep run.

2. Memorial 

Coming off from another deep run in the 4A SS and 1 half away from being in LOS again, the Tigers are definitely one of the favorites in the SIAC. With another big OL shaping up, receivers in Collins, Brackett, Pearce and more. QB Ellspermann will have plenty to choose from, but questions loom who will be the RB on the season. There are some questions on the Defense, due to it being hit hard from graduates, but Coach Johnson will shape it up. As Hurley and theTigers are hoping to see another deep run in November.

3. Jasper

The reigning 9-0 SIAC Champion will be gunning to repeat and contend in the SIAC again, as the Cats have proven they can stay in the race. While they did suffer an unfortunate loss in the first round of the sectional, the Cats will it use for motivation this season. Although losing Foley and Day will hurt on the O, Jasper will find their way. On the defensive end, Blair might be of the best DBs in the conference, unfortunately, Jasper does not provide accessible stats to the public, so my knowledge is limited in returning production. Just a gut feeling that they will place in the Top 3

4. Reitz

An unexpected ranking, Reitz is barely 4th in my power rankings, especially coming off last season. However, with the QB situation in Ben Davies solved and weapons in Burnett, Vera, Beal, Thomas and Summers, Reitz O will improve, but with new faces on the OL, Reitz might see a rocky start in the beginning. All eyes look at the Defense due to the Panthers returning nearly all of their starters from last season, there will be a lot of pressure on the defense for improvement. Can Coach Brunson finally get his first winning season in the SIAC?

5. Castle

An very, very expected ranking for the Knights in Paradise as Castle was looking like a preseason favorite. While their ranking can change, they currently sit at 5. With confirmation of QB Tilly retiring from football to focus on his Baseball career, an QB competition is underway in Paradise between Gordon and Harper. Who ever is under center this fall will have Guerizini, Harris, Bishop, and Aigner to throw too. Castle’s Defense is going to be one of the best in the SIAC, if they can get their offense set up, watch out for the Knights.

6. North

The Huskies are so, so close in achieving an overall winning season, while I do think they are underrated and can pull off an upset or 2. They do lose key important parts in QB Brawdy, RB Hankins, WR Gelhausen and some on the OL. However, with a great RB and WR Mitchell returning with a nice OL, North’s offense shouldn’t be that bad at all. Defensively, they were young with not a whole lot of seniors, but loses MLB Happe. Going to be a tough 4 weeks for the Huskies, which will say a lot.

7. Bosse

With 1 play away from an sectional championship appearance, Mullen and Co got their heads high for Bulldog football. With RB Jaiden Thomas coming back and WR Amari Hope returning will be a nice combo for the Dawgs. But losing a lot on the defensive end too. While it may be a while to see Bosse seeing continued success, for some reason I can see them getting to 3-4 wins potentially. 

8. Central

Seems like the Bears are in a little dark age after continued success. But with a rumor going around saying that QB Herdes might not be done does shed some light for the Bears. However, their problems are far from over as it seems like another difficult season will be coming for the Bears. Coach Z has his hands full, but he is about to challenge.

9. Vincennes Lincoln

With an surprising run in the Sectional Final, which came down to the last Quarter, VL surprised people with their Sectional run. However, there is uncertainty whether or not SIAC is great fit for VL judging by reports in February. The future doesn’t look too good for the Alices, but maybe they can grab another win before the postseason.

10. Harrison

Nothing much to say about Harrison other than that Brooks Thomas might be the best TE in the SIAC at a whopping 6’6 240. Going to be a long year for the Warriors as many, many questions are high. Losing your best defensive player does hurt a lot.

Nice Job!  Your post has been added to The IGFD Facebook Page  https://www.facebook.com/GridironDigest

28 minutes ago, DT said:

Nice Job!  Your post has been added to The IGFD Facebook Page  https://www.facebook.com/GridironDigest

Thanks, which GID had an 24 hour edit button. Also, my power rankings are completely unbiased and somewhat reasonable. If you have any questions just ask!

Edited by TigerFan20

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Thanks, which GID had an 24 hour edit button. Also, my power rankings are completely unbiased and somewhat reasonable. If you have any questions just ask!

Care to take a shot at The PAC?  Would love to post that for Forum and FB readers.  

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Care to take a shot at The PAC?  Would love to post that for Forum and FB readers.  

Haha, while I do love some PACtion every once in a while, I’m sure someone in that thread will do one as I’m not totally connected to the Conference.

I’ll release an final SIAC preseason ranking right before Week 0. Cause the Top 5 are going to be interesting 

Edited by TigerFan20

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Haha, while I do love some PACtion every once in a while, I’m sure someone in that thread will do one as I’m not totally connected to the Conference.

I’ll release an final SIAC preseason ranking right before Week 0. Cause the Top 5 are going to be interesting 

Cool  Looking forward to your contributions.

Mid Summer Power Rankings- slimmed down version

1. Mater Dei (Coach Goebels is a mastermind and gunning for that 2A Crown)

2. Memorial (Some shoes to fill, but the Tigers will be solid behind another massive OL and O)

3. Jasper (It’s Jasper, those tricky Wildcats coached by Lewis)

4. Reitz (Barely edges Castle right now, but the Offense is shaping up, although new faces in the trenches)

5. Castle (If they figure out the QB and replacing some D1 talent on the OL, Castle will skyrocket in the rankings)

6. North (Losing experience Offensive players hurt, but North should achieve another winning regular season)

7. Bosse (Mullen is the right hire for the Dawgs, it will take some time)

8. Central (Tricky stuff in the Bear Den, but Coach Z will get the Bears back in shape eventually)

9. Vincennes Lincoln (Seems like it’s gloomy over in Lincoln, for the regular season at least)

10. Harrison (Losing Xavier Thomas hurts a lot in the backfield, but TE 6’6 Brooks Thomas will be a force to be reckon with in the future)