• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

Unless there is a published report of a specific injury like
News story

Kid's social media post

Parent's social media

or you are the parent or kid

Please do not post exact injuries. Mentioning a player has had problems is one thing, but to be exact is not allowed here. There are privacy issues involved; so if you do have info, share the link in one of the possibilities I mentioned above. 
Thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

Unless there is a published report of a specific injury like
News story

Kid's social media post

Parent's social media

or you are the parent or kid

Please do not post exact injuries. Mentioning a player has had problems is one thing, but to be exact is not allowed here. There are privacy issues involved; so if you do have info, share the link in one of the possibilities I mentioned above. 
Thank you

My apologies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

This roster could potentially be the best since the 2017 Big 8 champion team..little different SOS back then so not expecting 8-1 but still..the talent is there. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

This roster could potentially be the best since the 2017 Big 8 champion team..little different SOS back then so not expecting 8-1 but still..the talent is there. 

It got me thinking about doing a returning production percentage for each team. 17 returning players for VL will be great for experience 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 11:19 AM, Snadenjr said:

Yes they obviously want them at their camps to see recruit in person but yea kids do have to dm coaches with their film to.i know there other things to like grades,act, attitude, what your trying to study, and stuff.

I think you have a drastic misunderstanding of the current NCAA football recruiting landscape. If a kid is having to DM D1 coaches with his highlight tape, chances are he will not be playing D1 football. ZERO D1 coaches are scrolling through the hundreds of Twitter DMs they get, looking for some “diamond in the rough”. If the coach doesn’t know your name before you send the DM, odds are he won’t after. In regards to recruiting sites, @oldtimeqb hit the nail on the head. These recruiting sites are to HSFB, what the travel and prospect teams have been to HS baseball for a while (MONEY TALKS). The overwhelming majority of the “recruiters” on these sites have zero to an absolute minimal level of experience within college football, no coach at any level is looking at any of these rankings. NCAA programs, especially D1 programs, have a plethora of recruiters assigned to every corner of the country that meet with HSFB players and coaches daily. Any NCAA FB coach will trust the guys on their staff a million times over before ever looking at some recruiting site. The days of simply playing for your HSFB during the fall, and expecting big time college offers are long gone, as much as it sucks. It is a year round commitment of going to camps, showcases, and (in regards to skill position players) the national 7-on-7 tournaments.

The kids you listed are all really good ball players that will have great HSFB careers, but realistically, 2-3 will actually get D1 offers (FCS/FBS). Geography doesn’t help much as Southern Indiana football, despite the awesome atmosphere on Friday nights, isn’t a hot bed for D1 talent. Realistically, most of the kids you listed will get D2, D3, or NAIA offers and have the opportunity to receive a good education, while continuing to play football.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@ShakeDowntheThunder..

I agree 100% D1 is a tough, tough level to reach and so much goes into it beyond the playing field.

Look at it this way.. In recent years, the winningest programs in SW Indiana have been Memorial and Gibson Southern. Memorial is 69-14 and GS 58-13 over the last 6 seasons. I believe the two schools have combined to produce 5 D1 athletes - Drew Hart (EKU), Mike Lindauer (UC/SIU), Branson Combs (SIU)and Ray Brodie III (IU track) from Memorial and Brady Allen (PU) from GS. I believe Sloan Cox from GS may have signed D1 for shot, but I'm not positive, so maybe it is 6. If you look at each of those kids, they had something that absolutely set them apart from everyone else on the field in pretty much every HS football game they played.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tango said:

@ShakeDowntheThunder..

I agree 100% D1 is a tough, tough level to reach and so much goes into it beyond the playing field.

Look at it this way.. In recent years, the winningest programs in SW Indiana have been Memorial and Gibson Southern. Memorial is 69-14 and GS 58-13 over the last 6 seasons. I believe the two schools have combined to produce 5 D1 athletes - Drew Hart (EKU), Mike Lindauer (UC/SIU), Branson Combs (SIU)and Ray Brodie III (IU track) from Memorial and Brady Allen (PU) from GS. I believe Sloan Cox from GS may have signed D1 for shot, but I'm not positive, so maybe it is 6. If you look at each of those kids, they had something that absolutely set them apart from everyone else on the field in pretty much every HS football game they played.

Yes on Sloan Cox.  

Bellarmine for shotput I believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Yes on Sloan Cox.  

Bellarmine for shotput I believe.

Awesome. That means Collin Wilson from HH will probably get an offer for shotput next year. He threw 64' 4.5". And he still has one more year of HS. He's a 1 sport athlete though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Awesome. That means Collin Wilson from HH will probably get an offer for shotput next year. He threw 64' 4.5". And he still has one more year of HS. He's a 1 sport athlete though. 

Good gosh, I should think so.  That’s a big number.

6 hours ago, tango said:

@ShakeDowntheThunder..

Castle has 5 D1 athletes from the 2022 class who were on the Knights FB roster at one time, 6 if you include Sloan.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

I think you have a drastic misunderstanding of the current NCAA football recruiting landscape. If a kid is having to DM D1 coaches with his highlight tape, chances are he will not be playing D1 football. ZERO D1 coaches are scrolling through the hundreds of Twitter DMs they get, looking for some “diamond in the rough”. If the coach doesn’t know your name before you send the DM, odds are he won’t after. In regards to recruiting sites, @oldtimeqb hit the nail on the head. These recruiting sites are to HSFB, what the travel and prospect teams have been to HS baseball for a while (MONEY TALKS). The overwhelming majority of the “recruiters” on these sites have zero to an absolute minimal level of experience within college football, no coach at any level is looking at any of these rankings. NCAA programs, especially D1 programs, have a plethora of recruiters assigned to every corner of the country that meet with HSFB players and coaches daily. Any NCAA FB coach will trust the guys on their staff a million times over before ever looking at some recruiting site. The days of simply playing for your HSFB during the fall, and expecting big time college offers are long gone, as much as it sucks. It is a year round commitment of going to camps, showcases, and (in regards to skill position players) the national 7-on-7 tournaments.

The kids you listed are all really good ball players that will have great HSFB careers, but realistically, 2-3 will actually get D1 offers (FCS/FBS). Geography doesn’t help much as Southern Indiana football, despite the awesome atmosphere on Friday nights, isn’t a hot bed for D1 talent. Realistically, most of the kids you listed will get D2, D3, or NAIA offers and have the opportunity to receive a good education, while continuing to play football.

You have to dm coaches cuz they get dms from recruits all the time.the younger you start and more schools you contact if they like your film and you send your film to tons of schools you have a chance . There's others things that play into to but that's just to get on radar.coaches don't care where you from you as a athlete have to be pro active.i check NCAA sports videos all the time and check out recruits who gotten offers so I know what I'm talking about.you have to dm a lot of schools not just 10 to 25 I'm saying like 100 at least with your film.

4 minutes ago, Snadenjr said:

You have to dm coaches cuz they get dms from recruits all the time.the younger you start and more schools you contact if they like your film and you send your film to tons of schools you have a chance . There's others things that play into to but that's just to get on radar.coaches don't care where you from you as a athlete have to be pro active.i check NCAA sports videos all the time and check out recruits who gotten offers so I know what I'm talking about.you have to dm a lot of schools not just 10 to 25 I'm saying like 100 at least with your film.

Grades and attitude play apart of it to.some of these athletes have talent but may not have grades to play div 1.i try get info out on my Twitter so if there coaches don't provide info then I want to.

7 minutes ago, Snadenjr said:

It helps if you start young to like NCAA sports.org you can start age 13 so coaches aren't going to know you are unless they have a relationship with coach already.but yea recruits gotta start younger to dm coaches to possibly get a chance at a offer down the road.

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Any updates from the Bears squad? 

Sounds like another good athlete could be jumping ship from Central and be released for varsity participation. Trying to get more info today.  MD the front runner 😂

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

Sounds like another good athlete could be jumping ship from Central and be released for varsity participation. Trying to get more info today.  MD the front runner 😂

another? How many have left?