Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

🤡

First of all….you just ignored the part about Jasper that completely discredits the rankings. I don’t think I’ve ever seen where a team goes 9-0 winning the conference and they are ranked SIXTH PLACE! For the following year 

also…I wonder how Mater Dei feels about playing a 2nd place Southridge…..oh 

What about a team that goes 9-0 and only returns 2 offensive starters the next year? Is a joke to expect them to take a step back? 

I would disagree with Mr 812 and think the JCats should be much higher on the rankings. They are a tough bunch and it’s gonna take a solid team to beat them. 

But in the preseason, every team has ?? that won’t be answered until they get into live action. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

What about a team that goes 9-0 and only returns 2 offensive starters the next year? Is a joke to expect them to take a step back? 

I would disagree with Mr 812 and think the JCats should be much higher on the rankings. They are a tough bunch and it’s gonna take a solid team to beat them. 

But in the preseason, every team has ?? that won’t be answered until they get into live action. 

At least someone can cite an actual reason for the Jasper rankings instead of just saying whatever clown crap @Screagle said 

I just want to point out that it’s very hard for people to respect the SIAC when the SIAC won’t even respect it’s own conference champ….a team that beat both Memorial and Mater Dei the last 2 seasons since joining the SIAC.

they beat the #1 and #2 teams on this ranking and they get no respect 

16 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I just want to point out that it’s very hard for people to respect the SIAC when the SIAC won’t even respect it’s own conference champ….a team that beat both Memorial and Mater Dei the last 2 seasons since joining the SIAC.

they beat the #1 and #2 teams on this ranking and they get no respect 

Which illustrates how much deeper the SIAC is than the PAC. Our second place conference teams were in 2A state finals and 4A semi-state. See the difference? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I mean….812 is a SIAC guy.  I wonder why he would rank 4 SIAC teams ahead of Heritage hills despite them not doing much the last 10 years or more

its even more obvious when you consider Jasper is a new member to the SIAC, is 16-2 in 2 years and reigning conference champs….and he has them ranked 6th 

like…..LOL

to join the SIAC go 16-2 only losing to memorial and central in year 1 and nobody else year 2….and they are ranked 6th for the conference 

Castle also beat them in 2020.

33 minutes ago, tango said:

Which illustrates how much deeper the SIAC is than the PAC. Our second place conference teams were in 2A state finals and 4A semi-state. See the difference? 

So when Southridge beat MD in 2017 and went on to actually win state….that was different? they were the 2nd place PAC team! They also made it to 3A semi state iirc

but I guess Mater Dei just making it to state is better lol.  

like I said…you guys just think you’re that much better….I mean…shoot…y’all have just as many state championships as the PAC in the last 10 years! It’s just 2. 

30 minutes ago, Paradise1960 said:

Castle also beat them in 2020.

Correct. Castle and central.  Both in 2020 and that is it. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

32 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

So when Southridge beat MD in 2017 and went on to actually win state….that was different? they were the 2nd place PAC team! They also made it to 3A semi state iirc

but I guess Mater Dei just making it to state is better lol.  

I don't think you see the point being made. In 2017 the SIAC #1 beat the PAC #1 head to head. PAC #2 beat SIAC #4.

And 812 is not an SIAC homer... LOL.

3 minutes ago, tango said:

I don't think you see the point being made. In 2017 the SIAC #1 beat the PAC #1 head to head. PAC #2 beat SIAC #4.

And 812 is not an SIAC homer... LOL.

Dude….you guys beat us by 6 points in a game of #2 vs #3 

even then you weren’t that much better…just better than night. 

but it’s fine…memorial is #1 in this ranking and I’m not arguing against that at all.  Proving you are still #1 doesn’t prove anything for this argument lol

What happened to the SIAC?

We thought Central was replacing Reitz (competitively) - NO

We thought Mater Dei would continue to build upon its unique enrollment/experience - NO (does everyone just play soccer?)

We thought Memorial would be comfortable in 4A and perhaps increase its enrollment - NO

We thought Jasper would boost the overall competition - Verdict is still out, but watch out, Jasper athletics are returning to dominance.

We thought Castle could compete in 5A because it has the perfect socioeconomic makeup without the threat of going to 6A - Nah

Bosse, Harrison, North - The IPS of Evansville. We get it.

Vincennes Lincoln - The new Mater Dei -- take your beatings during the regular season to make you better in the tournament. Helps they are in the easiest sectional, but still two steps away (or more) from being a true state competitor. 

We want the Pocket City to rise, but the current seems to be going in the opposite direction. Kick the bottom dwellers out of the conference, go to six or seven teams, and prosper. #WestsideNutClubFestivalBrainSandwiches

31 minutes ago, Screagle said:

With a straight face?  

Actually I looked it up.

In the last 10 years…

Mater Dei is 2-3 vs Southridge

Memorial is 1-0 vs Heritage Hills and 3-3 with Gibson Southern 

that’s the top of each conference…6-6 is what you got…

so let’s look at the rest of the SIAC….

North 2-1 vs Princeton 😂 lol tigers 

Bosse is 9-8 against Pike Central, Princeton, and Washington.  

The best things you got going for you is that Mater Dei is like 13-0 against Forest Park and South Spencer and Jasper before they joined you was 10-6 vs Southridge and Heritage Hills

So yes @Screagle, I’ll say it with a straight face because outside of 2 state championships from memorial…you guys can brag that 2A powerhouse Mater Dei is undefeated against 2 teams that have combined to go 66-143 over the last 10 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I can say the exact same thing about Memorial and the SIAC currently….

also I am pretty certain the 812s kids are at a SIAC school or at least were.

I’ll fight against the SIAC so hard because outside of Memorial/Mater Dei you have all these other schools acting like they have a box to stand on and talk down about the PAC.  All of you act like you’re so much better and the only thing us PAC guys say is that we are on par….not better not worse.

but y’all won’t have it lol.  

The SIAC guys have been talking their talk for years against the Big 8 and PAC….and then let Jasper in and Jasper showed they ain’t all that. The same Jasper that routinely had close battles with Heritage Hills and Southridge who @Screagle is trying to discount as being just 2nd/3rd place teams…..and then you guys discount Jasper because they are not a true SIAC team. 

I really enjoy these kinds of discussions because they aren't a true apples to apples type of comparison. This reminds me as a northern guy of the comparisons between the Northwest crossroads conference and the duneland conference. The Northwest crossroads is 2A through 5A with a PP power, andrean at the bottom of the enrollment and a very soft five a munster at the top. The duneland is all 5A and 6A schools. The pac, with 1a through 4A schools compared against the 3A to 5A SIAV  is a similar comparison.

The smaller conferences have historical schools at the top that have had  great success. Heritage hills, southridge and Gibson Southern in the pac. Hobart, Lowell and andrean in the ncc.

All of these schools have great pride and a super high competitive profile and generally feel they can play with anyone. That's what makes for such a juicy argument.

But when push comes to shove, the bigger schools, with their higher enrollments and their significantly greater depth, tend to be stronger over the Long haul

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Actually I looked it up.

In the last 10 years…

The best things you got going for you is that Mater Dei is like 13-0 against Forest Park and South Spencer and Jasper before they joined you was 10-6 vs Southridge and Heritage Hills

So yes @Screagle, I’ll say it with a straight face because outside of 2 state championships from memorial…you guys can brag that 2A powerhouse Mater Dei is undefeated against 2 teams that have combined to go 66-143 over the last 10 years.

Let’s not cut Memorial short.  5 trips to state finals under Hurley is the most impressive stat in SW Indiana football.  

The best thing GS has is the success factor that allowed you to dodge Memorial and Chartard last season.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Actually I looked it up.

In the last 10 years…

If you include Princeton and Washington, you should also include Boonville to be consistent.

4 minutes ago, DT said:

I really enjoy these kinds of discussions because they aren't a true apples to apples type of comparison. This reminds me as a northern guy of the comparisons between the Northwest crossroads conference and the duneland conference. The Northwest crossroads is 2A through 5A with a PP power, andrean at the bottom of the enrollment and a very soft five a munster at the top. The duneland is all 5A and 6A schools. The pac, with 1a through 4A schools compared against the 3A to 5A SIAV  is a similar comparison.

The smaller conferences have historical schools at the top that have had  great success. Heritage hills, southridge and Gibson Southern in the pac. Hobart, Lowell and andrean in the ncc.

All of these schools have great pride and a super high competitive profile and generally feel they can play with anyone. That's what makes for such a juicy argument.

But when push comes to shove, the bigger schools, with their higher enrollments and their significantly greater depth, tend to be stronger over the Long haul

I think that’s fair to say and compare.  But as it stands now…bosse and North can barely beat 3 of the least successful teams in the state.

A lot of people want to look at the PAC and immediately point to the bottom…and ya know….despite all of that, the top of the PAC sure doesn’t make any excuses and wins anyways.

and then you have the SIAC guys pounding their chest even though north and bosse can barely take care of Princeton and Pike Central  

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

Let’s not cut Memorial short.  5 trips to state finals under Hurley is the most impressive stat in SW Indiana football.  

The best thing GS has is the success factor that allowed you to dodge Memorial and Chatard last season.  😂

Im giving all the credit to memorial? 

We all know GS was better than Memorial last year.  And Brebeuf was better than and beat Chatard. But I’m not here to talk up GS.  

you just prove my point that Memorial and Mater Dei are holding up the last bit of credibility to your argument 

3 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

If you include Princeton and Washington, you should also include Boonville to be consistent.

Boonville is like 0-4 vs Harrison central and Reitz.  But they are also a historically middle of the road team.  

i can include Vincennes too….they are like 1-5 vs PAC teams in the last 10 years….but we all know the SIAC doesn’t really accept them anymore 

25 minutes ago, Screagle said:

The best thing GS has is the success factor that allowed you to dodge Memorial and Chartard last season.  😂

Oh lord 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

We thought Memorial would be comfortable in 4A and perhaps increase its enrollment - NO

Enrollment has increased and won a 4A state championship and a regional in 3 4A seasons. I think memorial is very  comfortable in 4A.  

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

Enrollment has increased and won a 4A state championship and a regional in 3 4A seasons. I think memorial is very  comfortable in 4A.  

I heard today Blake herdes transfer to mater dei.

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Dude….you guys beat us by 6 points in a game of #2 vs #3 

even then you weren’t that much better…just better than night. 

but it’s fine…memorial is #1 in this ranking and I’m not arguing against that at all.  Proving you are still #1 doesn’t prove anything for this argument lol

It's a conference argument. I not proving Memorial is anything other than in a better conference. Personally, I'd have us #3 or #4 behind MD, GS, and maybe Jasper.

I'll agree EM and GS were pretty close competitively in 2017 (and in 2016). They weren't in 2012-2014 or 2018. Can I assume you agree 8-2 HH was pretty close competitively with 3-7 Bosse in 2021? And can we agree all we really have is head to head, whether it's actual (in the case of 2A teams) or  mythical, right? So go through last season and match 'em up - PAC v SIAC (throw out Washington and Pike Central who combined for 1 W). I'll give you GS beats Jasper. Where is another PAC W? 

6 hours ago, Snadenjr said:

I heard today Blake herdes transfer to mater dei.

Yep, and since he didn't come to Memorial he has full eligibility.

11 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

What happened to the SIAC?

We thought Central was replacing Reitz (competitively) - NO

We thought Mater Dei would continue to build upon its unique enrollment/experience - NO (does everyone just play soccer?)

We thought Jasper would boost the overall competition - Verdict is still out, but watch out, Jasper athletics are returning to dominance.

We thought Castle could compete in 5A because it has the perfect socioeconomic makeup without the threat of going to 6A - Nah

Bosse, Harrison, North - The IPS of Evansville. We get it.

Vincennes Lincoln - The new Mater Dei -- take your beatings during the regular season to make you better in the tournament. Helps they are in the easiest sectional, but still two steps away (or more) from being a true state competitor. 

We want the Pocket City to rise, but the current seems to be going in the opposite direction. Kick the bottom dwellers out of the conference, go to six or seven teams, and prosper. #WestsideNutClubFestivalBrainSandwiches

LOL.
Mater Dei will likely return to LOS again in 2022. In 3 years in 4A Memorial has 1 state title, lost to the state champs, and made sectional final in 2020 COVID year. Plus enrollment is up. Keep trying.

12 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Only a drunk would have thought this. Be glad you are in a conference that below average HH teams look great finishing 2nd. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

Yep, and since he didn't come to Memorial he has full eligibility.

RB get accepted yet? He should’ve went to MD also. 

• Like 1