Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

I love how I pulled up all the H2H records of the 2 conferences and proved that top to bottom the SIAC and PAC have been pretty even over the last 10 years…

and the result of that is Memorial starts talking about themselves and how great they are and trying to take shots under the belt 😂😂 

This is why people don’t like you guys.  Bunch of entitled private schoolers who talk down to everyone else

1 hour ago, tango said:

Can I assume you agree 8-2 HH was pretty close competitively with 3-7 Bosse in 2021?

No. 

that’s what you would like to say but we all know bosse always pulls out a tough game out of nowhere.  

bosse couldn’t even get by Pike central/Princeton some years and you want me to move the goal post and change the equivalency 

bosse is on the same level as the bottom of the pac and they have done nothing in the last 10 years to prove otherwise 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

and the result of that is Memorial starts talking about themselves and how great they are and trying to take shots under the belt 😂😂 

From the pound my chest GS guy who’s  Titans finally escaped sectional 32. 

4 minutes ago, Screagle said:

From the pound my chest GS guy who’s  Titans finally escaped sectional 32. 

I haven’t even talked about GS that much

you guys just want to change the subject to that though because you cant even make an argument for anyone but yourselves lmao 

but hey why are you complaining, 90% of the time this thread is just a circle jerk of Memorial dads talking the same stuff.  At least I’m willing to climb in the lions den and debate something.

24 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I love how I pulled up all the H2H records of the 2 conferences and proved that top to bottom the SIAC and PAC have been pretty even over the last 10 years…

Did you type this with a straight face?  
One can only wonder why GS fans and coaches were so excited about the new PAC alignment so they could finally strengthen their schedule.  

2 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Did you type this with a straight face?  
One can only wonder why GS fans and coaches were so excited about the new PAC alignment so they could finally strengthen their schedule.  

Again trying to move the goal posts.

But hey…with these arguing skills it’s no wonder nobody actually read your opinions about Mr Football

(and I’m not talking just 2021 🙃

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I haven’t even talked about GS that much

you guys just want to change the subject to that though because you cant even make an argument for anyone but yourselves lmao 

but hey why are you complaining, 90% of the time this thread is just a circle jerk of Memorial dads talking the same stuff.  At least I’m willing to climb in the lions den and debate something.

Not charging subject. PAC football is not close to SIAC top to bottom. Bottom of siac better than bottom of pac and the top of siac better than top of pac. 
it’s that simple. GS has yet to beat a good Memorial team head to head. They barely escaped two really bad teams and blew out a god awful team. Memorial came into your backyard and beat 3 good teams 3 years in a row.  
The good news is the Titans are now in the worst sectional in the state and will win several sectionals after only 1 in the last several years.  

3 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Not charging subject. PAC football is not close to SIAC top to bottom. Bottom of siac better than bottom of pac and the top of siac better than top of pac. 
it’s that simple. GS has yet to beat a good Memorial team head to head. They barely escaped two really bad teams and blew out a god awful team. Memorial came into your backyard and beat 3 good teams 3 years in a row.  
The good news is the Titans are now in the worst sectional in the state and will win several sectionals after only 1 in the last several years.  

BOSSE IS 9-8 VS THE BOTTOM OF THE PAC.

how the hell do you keep coming back saying the bottom of the SIAC is better when bosse is 500 with Princeton, Pike Central, and Washington?!?!?!? 

that quite literally shows that the bottom of the SIAC has a 50/50 chance of beating the bottom of the PAC 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

But hey…with these arguing skills it’s no wonder nobody actually read your opinions about Mr Football

Lol. Zero issue with Mr Football and don’t recall any opinions about him. Great kid and family.  Role model for lots of kids. 

15 hours ago, tango said:

I don't think you see the point being made. In 2017 the SIAC #1 beat the PAC #1 head to head. PAC #2 beat SIAC #4.

And 812 is not an SIAC homer... LOL.

Maybe I can help him with his point. In 2013 undefeated SIAC #1 lost to the PAC #2 in the sectional championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

33 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

BOSSE IS 9-8 VS THE BOTTOM OF THE PAC.

Not sure about your 9-8.  It looks like 9-4 to me, through 2013.  Unless PAC wins count double?

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=PIKEC&team2=BOS

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=WAS&team2=BOS (Bosse won, but forfeited in 2012)

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=PRI&team2=BOS

19 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Not sure about your 9-8.  It looks like 9-4 to me, through 2013.  Unless PAC wins count double?

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=PIKEC&team2=BOS

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=WAS&team2=BOS (Bosse won, but forfeited in 2012)

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=PRI&team2=BOS

I don’t have my paper where I tallied all of these but I am thinking I forgot Boonville because I tallied old Big8/current PAC separate from historic PAC And I know 3 of their wins came during their 1 good season of 2013.

no matter how you look at it though…it’s not good for the SIAC argument because all you are going to do is pound your chest that your 3rd worst team is competitive with the very bottom of the PAC 

And the PAC thread is the same with GS dads (and you). So what? 

23 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Maybe I can help him with his point. In 2013 undefeated SIAC #1 lost to the PAC #2 in the sectional championship.

In 2013 the PAC was stronger, no question. After SR beat MD I thought for sure you would make LOS. 

You guys could make this all go away though if you just concede that the SIAC and PAC are on par with each other for football.

but who am I kidding…nobody is going to convince memorial fans that they aren’t better than everyone 

2 minutes ago, tango said:

And the PAC thread is the same with GS dads (and you). So what? 

In 2013 the PAC was stronger, no question. After SR beat MD I thought for sure you would make LOS. 

PAC thread is honestly more GS dads trying to get Heritage Hills dads to spill the beans and the reverse

it’s all about gauging how HH vs GS will be 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Arguing 10v1 in the SIAC thread is tiring…..so I’ll take this for now and come back another day to stir the pot and argue this 

There’s no argument. Put your big boy pants on.  SIAC > PAC. It’s really pretty simple.   

Just now, Screagle said:

There’s no argument. Put your big boy pants on.  SIAC > PAC. It’s really pretty simple.   

Coming from the guy who shouts from the sidelines on this forum.  At least the other Memorial guys actually talk the subject.  You just pop in every once in a while and type 2 sentences of sarcastic garbage.  

you’re probably the guy who has to one up everyone at the memorial tailgate 

Coming from the guy who shouts from the sidelines on this forum.  At least the other Memorial guys actually talk the subject.  You just pop in every once in a while and type 2 sentences of sarcastic garbage.  

you’re probably the guy who has to one up everyone at the memorial tailgate 

Yep that’s me and I promise it’s not sarcasm. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Yep that’s me and I promise it’s not sarcasm. 

Is there any particular reason that IU didn't recruit Edward Hartig?  I see he has committed to play at Miami, OH, which essentially means he has the skills and size to play at Indiana.  Unless this kid simply cannot play, how do you turn your back on 6-5, 290 and all that coachable raw potential?  

Edited by DT

59 minutes ago, DT said:

Is there any particular reason that IU didn't recruit Edward Hartig?  I see he has committed to play at Miami, OH, which essentially means he has the skills and size to play at Indiana.  Unless this kid simply cannot play, how do you turn your back on 6-5, 290 and all that coachable raw potential?  

I think Purdue and IU both had interest and never pulled the trigger. I’m guessing once he visited Miami O he loved the fit. I think it seems like a good fit.  IU hasn’t been in on many local kids the last several years outside of Brady Allen. For good reason.  

The recruiting formula at IU has paid off the last few years.  ( Now that’s sarcasm )

• Like 1