Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

With the official start of the season upon us, let’s stir up some questions:

- Will Reitz end up being an dark horse contender in the SIAC or a pretender?

- Who ends up being the one to lead the Huskies under center? As the QB battle continues on US41

- With 17 starters returning, will the Alices see improvement?

- Will Jasper continue their SIAC dominance? Week 1 will be wild at Jerry Brewer Stadium

- Can Bosse grab 3-4 wins this season? I think so

- Does Mater Dei make a return to state? That Regional is looking tough with either Brownstown Central/Scecina and Linton being potential competitors 

- The Tilly Era maybe be over in Paradise. But can the Knights overcome the odds to stun the doubters?

- With both QBs gone, and a long-gloomy season awaits, can the Bears find some light this season?

- Questions still loom of the Rodes transfer. While the Tigers have high expectations, however, could we see a small setback on the defensive end?

- Harrison is sure glad to have 6’6 TE Thomas, but many questions remain on who will throw to him.

• Like 1

As a Jasper fan I'm not offended at all by preseason rankings.  Jasper has only lost two SIAC conference games since the 1970's, so rank us where you see fit.

As for the PAC v SIAC nonsense:  The difference isn't which champ is best, or which bad team is worst.  The difference is the middle.  If you really think the 4th and 5th place teams in each conference are equal then there really is nothing anyone can say to change your mind.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

- Who ends up being the one to lead the Huskies under center? As the QB battle continues on US41

- Will Jasper continue their SIAC dominance? Week 1 will be wild at Jerry Brewer Stadium

- Does Mater Dei make a return to state? That Regional is looking tough with either Brownstown Central/Scecina and Linton being potential competitors 

- The Tilly Era maybe be over in Paradise. But can the Knights overcome the odds to stun the doubters?

- With both QBs gone, and a long-gloomy season awaits, can the Bears find some light this season?

- Questions still loom of the Rodes transfer. While the Tigers have high expectations, however, could we see a small setback on the defensive end?

- Harrison is sure glad to have 6’6 TE Thomas, but many questions remain on who will throw to him.

Answer your questions rietz will be dark horse to contend for siac,with 17 starters vin Lincoln should improve but is there talent on that team besides Keller,I don't think jasper will win conference this year maybe 4 or 5 best.i believe bosse can win 3 to 4 wins at least bosse best talent is in middle school right now.Yes mater dei can return to state if win siac or top 3 they should get state.I think castle should finish 3 to 5 in siac.The bears will have a long season might be worst in siac this year.memorial should be be elite this year and if they can get out of sectional they have shot but the 4a south is loaded.brooks Thomas brother Levi might start for them 6'1 or 6'2 remember the name not qb soph wr tizhaun Tomlinson 6'1 .

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

i can include Vincennes too….they are like 1-5 vs PAC teams in the last 10 years….but we all know the SIAC doesn’t really accept them anymore 

Wow. Not sure that was ever a thing...VL's attempted move to the PAC was not an indicator of rejection from the SIAC, rather an internal move that was thought to be beneficial going forward (that I felt was shortsighted to say the least). It worked out for the better IMO. I'd rather be a member of a conference that chose US over those who don't believe we belong. And as far as I know, there have been no regrets among SIAC members about bringing VL back into the league. 

But seriously...can we all just agree now that GS feels slighted that they were passed on for Lincoln? I've seen these types of comments for 2 years now.

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Wow. Not sure that was ever a thing...VL's attempted move to the PAC was not an indicator of rejection from the SIAC, rather an internal move that was thought to be beneficial going forward (that I felt was shortsighted to say the least). It worked out for the better IMO. I'd rather be a member of a conference that chose US over those who don't believe we belong. And as far as I know, there have been no regrets among SIAC members about bringing VL back into the league. 

But seriously...can we all just agree now that GS feels slighted that they were passed on for Lincoln? I've seen these types of comments for 2 years now.

Slighted? Passed on for Lincoln?!?!? 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

tell ya what….I’ll just let this go and we can revisit this come sectionals 

34 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Slighted? Passed on for Lincoln?!?!? 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

tell ya what….I’ll just let this go and we can revisit this come sectionals 

So GS finally wins a sectional and now they throw shade on VL.  Got it.  
Is this sarcasm or real football insight? 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Screagle said:

So GS finally wins a sectional and now they throw shade on VL.  Got it.  
Is this sarcasm or real football insight? 

You’re so delusional it’s unreal.  Idk how you can read @SEAL_63comments and then accuse me for just questioning the shade they are throwing.  Like WTH?  

VL and GS are in the same sectional now too…so we can just save this for a potential matchup.

i don’t know how you came away with I’m the one throwing shade here but keep barking on the sidelines

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

You’re so delusional it’s unreal.  Idk how you can read @SEAL_63comments and then accuse me for just questioning the shade they are throwing.  Like WTH?  

VL and GS are in the same sectional now too…so we can just save this for a potential matchup.

i don’t know how you came away with I’m the one throwing shade here but keep barking on the sidelines

Coming to the SIAC tread to throw shade? Classy 

Edited by Screagle

6 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

You really don't know went down do ya.  It was even in the paper, come on man...I "think" you're smarter than that.

7 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Coming to the SIAC tread to throw shade? Classy 

Man how drunk are you?  I threw more shade at you personally yesterday in here than anything else I said….and responding to a VL fans comments directed at me….THATS WHAT SENT YOU OVER THE EDGE?!?!?!?  

of all the things I said to you in the last 48hrs….me laughing at a comment and saying “hey lets talk in sectionals”….that’s the button you can’t have pushed? 

lay off the drink dude 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Man how drunk are you?  I threw more shade at you personally yesterday in here than anything else I said….and responding to a VL fans comments directed at me….THATS WHAT SENT YOU OVER THE EDGE?!?!?!?  

of all the things I said to you in the last 48hrs….me laughing at a comment and saying “hey lets talk in sectionals”….that’s the button you can’t have pushed? 

lay off the drink dude 

Don’t drink but you shouldn’t attack me personally. That’s not nice! Just giving you hard time.  You should know I give insightful info. I’m the one that told you Memorial will be just fine without Lindauer and Combs and that 4A would be no problem. 
I feel like I know the area football and sports in general.  I’m at lots of different schools games year around and get a good eye-test of the athletes. Not sure how many games you’ve attended over the years but eye-test is important. JMO.  

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

You really don't know went down do ya.  It was even in the paper, come on man...I "think" you're smarter than that.

Always the smart guy in the room..

I’m aware it wasn’t simply a handpicking of one school over another. VL became available for obvious reasons and was the easy choice. GS was more complicated than that. Neither school was preferred over the other.

My previous comment of GS being “passed on” was just me throwing shade back at the invincible titans. 

But I am truthful when I say GS feels deep down that they should be in Lincoln’s place, regardless of their PAC allegiance. 

4 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Always the smart guy in the room..

I’m aware it wasn’t simply a handpicking of one school over another. VL became available for obvious reasons and was the easy choice. GS was more complicated than that. Neither school was preferred over the other.

My previous comment of GS being “passed on” was just me throwing shade back at the invincible titans. 

But I am truthful when I say GS feels deep down that they should be in Lincoln’s place, regardless of their PAC allegiance. 

I'll be straight up with you.  After the modifications to the PAC I (personally) now have zero desire to be in the SIAC.  My opinion doesn't matter at all to anyone north of the white river and for good reason, but I think VL made a horrible move.  I hope they can make the best of it.  Don't feel bad, I am often the smartest dude in the room since I was very young, it can be a burden sometimes.  (Except when I am a room with Tango).

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I think anytime Castle, MD, Memorial, Reitz, North and Jasper play it’s a coin toss. Would not surprise me if any of these 6 win the SIAC. VL should be the best of the other 4 just based on returning players. 

49 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I think anytime Castle, MD, Memorial, Reitz, North and Jasper play it’s a coin toss. Would not surprise me if any of these 6 win the SIAC. VL should be the best of the other 4 just based on returning players. 

In my opinion, we see an 6-way tie because why not

11 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I'll be straight up with you.  After the modifications to the PAC I (personally) now have zero desire to be in the SIAC.  My opinion doesn't matter at all to anyone north of the white river and for good reason, but I think VL made a horrible move.  I hope they can make the best of it.  Don't feel bad, I am often the smartest dude in the room since I was very young, it can be a burden sometimes.  (Except when I am a room with Tango).

Fair enough. I’ll respect an honest opinion.  It may not work out for VL in the long term, but I’m not about to believe that for one second. Two down seasons does not determine what’s to come for a program. The best could very well be on the horizon for VL in the SIAC.

And I believe you about not wanting to leave the PAC. It’s kind of the best of both worlds with the realignment. The BIG PAC is more or less a better version of the BIG 8, and you get some non-con scheduling freedom. I said from the moment the Big 8 split that the SIAC or PAC would be a great fit for VL and I stand by that. 

But seriously man…I’ve known some wise guys who need a shelf on wheels to rest that big head LOL. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Thanks 1