Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

On 7/24/2022 at 8:38 PM, TigerFan20 said:

With the official start of the season upon us, let’s stir up some questions:

- Will Reitz end up being an dark horse contender in the SIAC or a pretender?

- Who ends up being the one to lead the Huskies under center? As the QB battle continues on US41

- With 17 starters returning, will the Alices see improvement?

- Does Mater Dei make a return to state? That Regional is looking tough with either Brownstown Central/Scecina and Linton being potential competitors 

- The Tilly Era maybe be over in Paradise. But can the Knights overcome the odds to stun the doubters?

- With both QBs gone, and a long-gloomy season awaits, can the Bears find some light this season?

- Questions still loom of the Rodes transfer. While the Tigers have high expectations, however, could we see a small setback on the defensive end?

- I do think Reitz will be a dark horse contender. But it seems they have three big issues to address - QB situation, OL situation, and run defense situation. Can a young Davies win the job and be THE man already? Can the inexperienced OL step up and give the QB time to throw to their playmakers? Can their defense stop the run better? Their opponents will definitely look to establish the run against them. I expect Xavier Thomas to be in the running for SIAC POTY.

- I think McKinney will be the QB for the Huskies. That gives them returning experience there and a dual threat. For them to have McKinney and St. Louis in the backfield, and a big offensive line, they could have a strong rushing attack.

- I do think the Alices will be improved but I see them only getting 2-3 wins in conference play still. I am interested to see how their RB does who is returning from injury.

- I think Mater Dei has a great chance to return to state. They lost a few key contributors but I think they return enough pieces to potentially get another crack at Andrean. It helps having the best QB in the conference and a three year starter at RB. I expected Wunderlich and Pierre to be in the running for SIAC POTY.

- Castle will probably have the best defense in the conference. If they play solid defense and lean on the rushing attack, they could be a contender. They do have a major question at QB but with a three year starter at RB and a couple nice WR options, the QB should have help around him. On the defensive side, Purdy may be the best defender in the conference. I expect Guerzini to be in the running for SIAC POTY if he stays healthy.

- It appears that the Bears have found their QB for the next three years in Zaylen Price. Do not know much about him other than maybe he transferred in and is very raw right now, but has good QB size. I would guess they allow him to run the ball a lot. They return a few playmakers at RB and WR but will probably continue to struggle a bit as a team. Diaz has SIAC POTY potential if they can find ways to get him the ball and win games.

- Memorial is still in good shape even if Rodes does not get cleared. They have at least one or two worthy options at RB and should have no trouble finding success behind the best offensive line in the south part of Indiana. They return enough experienced pieces to make another run in the playoffs. I expect Leo Collins (and Rodes if he plays) to be in the running for SIAC POTY.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

What sets have Memorial been running lately? 2-3 wide sets?

I’d say a little bit of everything. IMO that’s been their mojo for recent successes. Pretty good at all styles of football. Makes for a difficult team to scout.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Unfortunately, even though he will have a change of residency 

Can’t switch schools every year and expect Ihsaa to approve it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballFan28 said:

Can’t switch schools every year and expect Ihsaa to approve it. 

Why not? What if you've moved twice and both schools say the transfer was not due to athletic reasons? Just punish the kid because of where he wants to transfer? That is BS..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tango said:

Why not? What if you've moved twice and both schools say the transfer was not due to athletic reasons? Just punish the kid because of where he wants to transfer? That is BS..

I agree. 

9 hours ago, Screagle said:

He’s starting WR. Rode will be only kid not released by Owen and Neidig.  

If only Rode had a younger sister who played volleyball. Then she could transfer without much notice. Once that was ok, then he could have transferred knowing that it couldn’t be denied. 

This is all hypothetical by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Had the same thought too, if this was his first transfer, then I wouldn’t see an issue 

BS. It should not matter. Two moves. Why punish the kid, unless there is someone (or more than one person) who is in a position of great influence, who has a vendetta? It's about the kids, right...?

1 hour ago, tango said:

BS. It should not matter. Two moves. Why punish the kid, unless there is someone (or more than one person) who is in a position of great influence, who has a vendetta? It's about the kids, right...?

Yea, they way I’m seeing it is that the IHSAA is blocking it since it’s his 2nd transfer. But if it was his first, it probably wouldn’t have mattered. Hopefully it will get resolved, but I don’t think we will be seeing him on the field this year, unfortunately. Unless some miracle pops up.

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yea, they way I’m seeing it is that the IHSAA is blocking it since it’s his 2nd transfer. But if it was his first, it probably wouldn’t have mattered. Hopefully it will get resolved, but I don’t think we will be seeing him on the field this year, unfortunately. Unless some miracle pops up.

Andy Owen and Paul Neidig are blocking it. Has ZERO to do with 2nd move. Two jack##### that hate Memorial. 

• Like 2

Central Preview:
https://www.courierpress.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.courierpress.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fhigh-school%2F2022%2F07%2F29%2Fcentral-high-school-ihsaa-football-2022-schedule-rojelio-diaz-indiana%2F65383547007%2F

On 7/28/2022 at 1:51 PM, Spitting Llamas said:

He's playing WR or starting at WR? I'm not sure the decision has been made on who the starting wide receivers will be outside of Stolz. 

Tri-State news confirmed he is playing WR

Edited by TigerFan20