Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

7 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Sokeland did it too and I think he said they didn't set restrictions on the flex spot. So basically whichever position they doubled up on is the flex player. Probably a good choice to go with QB there.

You’re right. I didn’t catch that first time through. 

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I saw it (subscriber only article).  I thought it was a nifty approach for an article.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/09/14/indiana-high-school-football-evansville-area-fantasy-draft/69492051007/

OUR FINAL TEAMS

Hendrix Magley: QB Mason Wunderlich, QB Nicot Burnett, RB Devan Roberts, WR Hayden Summers, Castle D, HC Mike Goebel.

Treasure Washington: QB Tanner Boyd, RB Chase Jones, RB Joey Pierre, WR Brayden Bishop, Southridge D, HC Scott Buening.

Kyle Sokeland: QB Ben Davies, QB Liam Stone, RB Angelo St. Louis, WR Leo Collins, Memorial D, HC John Hurley

Anthony Kristensen: QB Xander Hunt, RB Jonas Burnett, WR Xavier Thomas, WR Sean DeLong, Tecumseh D, HC Nick Hart.

How do coaches score points in fantasy?

THRU WEEK 4 STATS 

Team PPG 

1. Vincennes 38.5 PPG

2. Reitz 37.25 PPG

3. Castle 29.75 PPG

4. Jasper 26.0 PPG 

5. North 23.25 PPG

6. Mater Dei 21.5 PPG  

7. Harrison 14.0 PPG

8. Memorial 13.25 PPG

9. Bosse 10.0 PPG 

10. Central 4.75 PPG

Team Defensive PPG Allowed 

1. Castle 11.5 PPG

2. Memorial 13.5 PPG

3. Vincennes 16.25 PPG

4. Reitz 16.25 PPG

5. Mater Dei 16.75 PPG 

6. Jasper 21.25 PPG

7. North 21.5 PPG

8. Harrison 29.5 PPG

9. Central 34.25 PPG 

10. Bosse 37.5 PPG

Team Offensive YPG 

1. Reitz 431.0 YPG

2. Jasper 379.5 YPG

3. Mater Dei 335.5 YPG 

4. Vincennes 332.5 YPG   

5. North 296.0 YPG

6. Memorial 280.3 YPG

7. Castle 272.8 YPG

8. Bosse 196.0 YPG

9. Harrison 192.5 YPG

10. Central 179.25 YPG

Team Passing Defense(allowed)

1. Reitz 51.5 YPG (206yards) 

2. Memorial 73.75 YPG (295 yards)

3. Bosse 77.25 YPG (309yards)

4. Harrison 95.5 YPG (382 yards)

5. Castle 116.75 YPG (467 yards)

6. Mater Dei 143.5 YPG (574 yards)  

7. Central 174.0 YPG (696 yards)

8. Jasper 186.0 YPG (744 yards)

9. Vincennes 200.0 YPG (800 yards)

10. North 202.25 YPG (809 yards)

Team Rushing Defense (allowed)

1. North 60.5 YPG (242 yards)

2. Jasper 70.75 YPG (283 yards) 

3. Vincennes 108.25 YPG (433 yards)

4. Mater Dei 140.0 YPG (560 yards)

5. Memorial 153.5 YPG (614 yards)

6. Central 165.5 YPG (662 yards)

7. Castle 169.0 YPG (676 yards)

8. Reitz 174.0 YPG (696 yards) 

9. Harrison 230.5 YPG (922 yards)

10. Bosse 244.5 YPG (978 yards)

*Missing stats for a game or opponent is

• Thanks 1

Observations 

Reitz took care of Central tonight without Davies as QB, Vera was dropping dimes to Summers & Co all night long. Reitz is the first SIAC team to clinch a winning regular season. Central hasn’t found any rhythm at all, might be a while before they are back in their prime 

North easily handles Bosse with no problems at all following their loss to Reitz last week. Huge game coming up with Mater Dei to keep their SIAC hopes alive. Unfortunately, Bosse hasn’t able to create any moment so far this season 

Memorial took care of business against Harrison, scoring on nearly every possession. Had a season high of 4 rushing touchdowns by 3 different players. Huge game against Reitz in Week 7. Tigers are looking much better as the season progresses. Harrison is improved and there is potential to grow, but lots of mental mistakes from the Warriors. 

As predicted, it looked like Mater Dei exploited Jasper’s backfield and played a pretty good defensive game overall. Wunderlich unofficially had 250 yards and 2 TDs. Jasper did have a pretty good first quarter, however, the struggles continue. Hope Jasper will be healthy soon, might be a long season for the rest of the way.

Game of the Week Recap 

Castle takes down a very solid Vincennes Squad tonight with a 35-21 victory over the Alices. Seemed like Castle rode on all the momentum after VL fumbled the ball inside the EZ right before the 1H ended. Castle had some TD saving tackles to this game, @ Castle’s Kicker. McCool unofficially with 150 rushing yards tonight for Castle, a good replacement for Guerzini. And Castle’s Aigner with 95 yards/2 TDs. While Vincennes did lose, they didn’t give up after they went down by 21 and did eventually score on a late TD. QB Hunt did his thing and threw 185 yards and ran for 82 yards. Receivers Gilles and Easly had nice nights too. Vincennes will bounce back.

Castle at Reitz, HUGE SIAC implications next Friday 

8 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Observations 

Where is Guerzini? Was he dressed @SEAL_63? Kudos to Castle's kicker, she took a pretty good pop making the tackle, but she sure wasn't afraid of the contact.

We will find a little more out about Reitz over the next few weeks - Castle at home, then at Memorial. At this point both are IMO the top 2 defenses. No surprise MD righted the ship at Jasper after 2 straight losses. Probably wasn't much fun at practices on Harmony Way last week. Jasper should get happy against the Bears in the first of three straight road trips for the JCats. Any word when the injured players will return? Castle - Reitz will get the talk, but I'm also intrigued by MD - North. A Husky W would not only give them their first over MD since 2007, it sets them up for getting the winning record they've been chasing.

Good article on the Courier site about Central trying to remain positive in a challenging year, which mentions the transfers of some key players. Would be interesting to see an article about all the EVSC transfers as there seems to be more than usual this year, with different levels of scrutiny/challenge depending upon the destination school. C'est la vie I guess...

Edited by tango

11 minutes ago, tango said:

Where is Guerzini? Was he dressed @SEAL_63? Kudos to Castle's kicker, she took a pretty good pop making the tackle, but she sure wasn't afraid of the contact.

We will find a little more out about Reitz over the next few weeks - Castle at home, then at Memorial. At this point both are IMO the top 2 defenses. No surprise MD righted the ship at Jasper after 2 straight losses. Probably wasn't much fun at practices on Harmony Way last week. Jasper should get happy against the Bears in the first of three straight road trips for the JCats. Any word when the injured players will return? Castle - Reitz will get the talk, but I'm also intrigued by MD - North. A Husky W would not only give them their first over MD since 2007, it sets them up for getting the winning record they've been chasing.

Good article on the Courier site about Central trying to remain positive in a challenging year, which mentions the transfers of some key players. Would be interesting to see an article about all the EVSC transfers as there seems to be more than usual this year, with different levels of scrutiny/challenge depending upon the destination school. C'est la vie I guess...

Guerzini is not dressing.   Knee injury.   Feared done for the season.  

1 hour ago, tango said:

Jasper should get happy against the Bears in the first of three straight road trips for the JCats. Any word when the injured players will return?

Bair returned for the Cats yesterday, last week, Norton made it sound like Young was out for almost 2 months on the radio

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Judging by their roster, and looking ahead, Reitz will likely be my preseason #1 for next year. Lots of juniors and sophomores starting 

Agreed. I remember people talking about their class of ‘24 being loaded. I think this year was the perfect storm for them as the seniors that do play are really talented and then mixed with that junior class plus a very good sophomore QB. I believe they’re pretty solid at all or most levels right now so they may be good for a while. Now that you mention it, could they be even better next year? I know they lose some talented seniors but man they have a lot coming back too. 

10 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Judging by their roster, and looking ahead, Reitz will likely be my preseason #1 for next year. Lots of juniors and sophomores starting 

Agreed. I think there is a chance we see Reitz playing on Thanksgiving weekend this year and/or next. They would have to get passed new pal in semi state right? 

48 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Agreed. I think there is a chance we see Reitz playing on Thanksgiving weekend this year and/or next. They would have to get passed new pal in semi state right? 

Have to get past East Central in regionals, and either New Pal/Roncalli at semi state, but I think we will stick with getting past Castle this week. 

11 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

If talent runs in cycles, is it about time for the SIAC to send multiple teams to the state finals in the coming years? 

If I had to guess, the most likely teams would be a mixture of Reitz, Mater Dei, Memorial and possibly Castle. But who really knows with surprise teams and what not and other factors involved.

Last year we almost had Memorial and Mater Dei at LOS.

How about the PAC? 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

If I had to guess, the most likely teams would be a mixture of Reitz, Mater Dei, Memorial and possibly Castle. But who really knows with surprise teams and what not and other factors involved.

Last year we almost had Memorial and Mater Dei at LOS.

How about the PAC? 

I don't have enough knowledge of the PAC currently. I know HH is very underclass tilted in the box score.

It was an observation -- perhaps better for an offseason discussion.

Week 6 power rankings

1. Reitz

2. Castle

3. Vincennes 

4. Memorial

5. Mater Dei

6. North

7. Jasper

8. Harrison

9. Bosse

10. Central

Tomorrow, I will be adding new features to the team stats:

Offense:

Passing and rushing YPG

Defense:

Passing percentage/ Yards per catch 

Rushing YPC

On 9/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, TransplantedPanther said:

Have to get past East Central in regionals, and either New Pal/Roncalli at semi state, but I think we will stick with getting past Castle this week. 

Roncalli will be significantly down due to graduation.  I would bet my money on New Pal to face the Panthers.

Edited by fenderbender