Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

RECAP after Week 5:

- Memorial handled Harrison a little better than I thought. They seem to really be clicking on all cylinders right now. Unfortunately for Harrison, it's possible their juice/momentum has ran out. In their past, their kids would really struggle to give four quarters of effort after things start to not go well. Let's see if Coach Sutton can keep them going and maintain some sort of momentum heading into the postseason. 

- North handled Bosse with no issues as predicted. Even with their backup RB they were able to have a field day running the ball. I assume North gets their starter back soon but they should definitely continue to give the backup reps to help keep the starter fresh and healthy. Especially if their plan the rest of the season is to keep pounding the rock. 

- Reitz took care of Central as predicted. I think it was a surprise to most that the QB Davies did not play. Word is, his shoulder was a bit banged up but he should be back soon or at some point. I know Central has struggled, but it's pretty impressive for Reitz to be able to sub an undersized Vera in at QB and still win 44-0, looks like he had quite a game. Unfortunately for the Bears, it does not look like they will win a game this season, unless they draw Bosse in sectionals and get revenge. Reitz is set up for a crucial matchup with Castle this week.

- I thought the Jasper vs. Mater Dei game would be closer than it was. I think we kind of know who Jasper is at this point. Sneaky team if they get all their guys healthy, but just don't think they have as many big time players like recent history. However, Mater Dei is a more difficult read. They beat Castle but then lost to VL and Memorial. Maybe MD is starting to figure some things out and will be rolling heading into the postseason.

- Castle handled VL a little better than I thought they would. It seems like they were able to do what they wanted on offense, it just came down to them figuring out how to stop the QB Hunt and how to make things more difficult on him. That was a big time momentum win for Castle heading into the huge matchup with Reitz, especially knowing that Reitz struggled with VL, that has to give them confidence going into it.

Edited by Football Fanatic

2 hours ago, combthehair said:

@SEAL_63 I'm curious on how your underclassmen are looking this year. I know Reitz is looking to be a juggernaut next year and I'm wondering about the Alices as well. 

The sophomore class is similar in size to the junior's, and overall just about as talented. 

8 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

4A must be EXTREMELY tough if Reitz is the 9th best team.

4A is loaded. It's kind of unfortunate for Reitz because on a typical year or in 5A I think their team is talented enough to be top 3-5 and a state contender. However, even IF they happen to get through their sectional and East Central in the regional, they get rewarded with New Pal or Roncalli at semi-state, which would seem more like a state championship game. Even still, there's no guarantee they even get out of their own sectional because Jasper and especially Memorial are also contenders when at full strength and playing to their potential.

Edited by Football Fanatic

36 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

4A must be EXTREMELY tough if Reitz is the 9th best team.

They are playing catch up in the rankings because they started so low based on how they performed the past couple seasons and there are 6 other undefeated teams in 4A.   Plus a 1 loss EC team that lost to Cincinatti Moeller.

• Like 1

THROUGH WEEK 5 STATS

Team PPG 

1. Reitz 38.6 PPG

2. Vincennes 35.0 PPG

3. Castle 30.8 PPG

4. North 28.2 PPG

5. Mater Dei 22.6 PPG

6. Jasper 22.2 PPG 

7. Memorial 18.8 PPG

8. Harrison 14.0 PPG

9. Bosse 10.4 PPG 

10. Central 3.8 PPG

Team Defensive PPG Allowed 

1. Reitz 13.0 PPG

2. Castle 13.4 PPG

3. Memorial 13.6 PPG

4. Mater Dei 14.8 PPG

5. North 19.6 PPG

6. Vincennes 20.0 PPG 

7. Jasper 22.4 PPG

8. Harrison 31.8 PPG

9. Central 36.2 PPG 

10. Bosse 39.6 PPG

Team Offensive YPG 

1. Reitz 430.6 YPG

2. Jasper 344.0 YPG

3. Vincennes 336.0 YPG

4. Mater Dei 332.0 YPG 

5. North 320.2 YPG

6. Castle 290.8 YPG

7. Memorial 283.4 YPG

8. Bosse 188.4 YPG

9. Harrison 178.6 YPG

10. Central 161.6 YPG

Team Passing Defense(allowed)

1. Reitz 49.4 YPG (247 yards) 

2. Memorial 65.2 PPG (326 yards)

3. Bosse 89.8 YPG (379 yards)

4. Harrison 120.0 YPG (382 yards)

5. Mater Dei 127.2 YPG (636 yards) 

6. Castle 133.8 YPG (669 yards)

7. Central 176.6 YPG (883 yards)

8. Vincennes 184.4 YPG (922 yards) 

9. North 192.6 YPG (963 yards) 

10. Jasper 198.8 YPG (994 yards)

Team Rushing Defense (allowed)

1. North 49.2 YPG (246 yards)

2. Jasper 70.8 YPG (354 yards) 

3. Vincennes 134.8 YPG (674 yards)

4. Mater Dei 140.0 YPG (700 yards)

5. Memorial 141.2 YPG (706 yards)

6. Reitz 149.2 YPG (746 yards) 

7. Castle 164.8 YPG (824 yards)

8. Central 180.8 YPG (904 yards)

9. Harrison 200.0 YPG (1000 yards)

10. Bosse 262.6 YPG (1313 yards)

*Missing stats for a game or opponent is 

Edited by TigerFan20

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Team Defensive Total YPG 

1. Reitz 198.7 YPG

2. Memorial 206.4 YPG

3. North 241.8 YPG

4. Mater Dei 267.2 YPG

5. Jasper 269.6 YPG

6. Castle 298.6 YPG

7. Vincennes 319.2 YPG

8. Harrison 320.0 YPG

9. Bosse 352.4 YPG

10. Central 357.4 YPG

Maybe that Reitz defense was a little better than folks was giving credit for earlier. 

They are better than I thought they would be this year, so not knocking anyone here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Maybe that Reitz defense was a little better than folks was giving credit for earlier. 

They are better than I thought they would be this year, so not knocking anyone here. 

Passing D has been lockdown all year long, pretty sure Reitz has been #1 through 5 weeks so far. The Rushing Defense is beginning to improve too, since at one point, Reitz was giving up around 190 YPG a couple of weeks ago. And now, it looks like it is dropping another 25.0 YPG each week (Last weeks was at 174.0 YPG now down to 149.6 YPG)

31 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Passing D has been lockdown all year long, pretty sure Reitz has been #1 through 5 weeks so far. The Rushing Defense is beginning to improve too, since at one point, Reitz was giving up around 190 YPG a couple of weeks ago. And now, it looks like it is dropping another 25.0 YPG each week (Last weeks was at 174.0 YPG now down to 149.6 YPG)

I know. I figured they would give up around 250-270 a game this year being a new scheme and a lot of juniors on that side of the ball. My honest thought was next year Reitz would have the defense that no one would move on. 

5 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I know. I figured they would give up around 250-270 a game this year being a new scheme and a lot of juniors on that side of the ball. My honest thought was next year Reitz would have the defense that no one would move on. 

Reitz’s defense next year is going to be very good since they lose no one I think. Maybe 1 or 2 players in the rotation due to graduation 

SIAC individual leaders thru Week 5

Passing Leaders 

1. Mater Dei Mason Wunderlich 1102 yards (220 YPG) 

2. Reitz Ben Davies 1064 yards (266 YPG) 

3. Castle Caden Gordon 686 yards (137 YPG) 

4. Vincennes Xander Hunt 642 yards (128 YPG) 

5. Memorial Matthew Fisher 589 yards (147 YPG) 

Rushing Leaders

1. Reitz Jonas Burnett 585 yards (117.0 YPG) 

2. North Angelo St. Louis 560 yards (140.0 YPG) 

3. Vincennes Xander Hunt 486 yards (97.4 YPG)

4. Vincennes Jackson Johnson 361 yards (72.2 YPG) 

5. North Jason Rucker II 351 yards (70.2 YPG) 

Receiving Leaders

1. Reitz Hayden Summers 616 yards (123.1 YPG)

2. Reitz Xavier Thomas 341 yards (68.2 YPG)

3. Reitz Roland Vera Jr. 256 yards (51.2 YPG) 

4. Castle Brayden Bishop 237 yards (47.4 YPG) 

5. Mater Dei Ethan Stolz 235 yards (58.8 YPG

Total Tackles Leaders 

1. Castle John Purdy 77 tackles (15.4 TCK/G) 

2. Central Brody Mueller 68 tackles (13.6 TCK/G) 

3. Memorial Carac Johnson 53 tackles (10.6 TCK/G) 

4. Castle Gavin Leach 50 tackles (10.0 TCK/G) 

5. Vincennes Will Hambrick 43 tackles (8.6 TCK/G) 

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I did, didn’t really expect the whole seat thing go out of hand that quick 

Sorry.  Sometimes it’s hard keeping track of all the memorial fans on here lol 

on your note here…idk….feels like something warranted.  Memorial has a large fan base and big crowds.  This just seems like a disrespectful move.  

i mean I usually argue with you guys…but the fact that they are trying to do this below the belt crap would make me mad if my favorite team had an agreement on sharing a venue with another.  

just ridiculous to me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, combthehair said:

Can we bitch about Jasper’s visitor locker room next? Add on already!

They should have the visiting teams just disrobe, wrap themselves in towels, and cram in on cedar wood benches at halftime.

That had to be a Jerry Brewer thing.  Did he write up the specs for that?