Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

The 4A South semi state teams look like varsity. The 5A South teams looks like JV. Are you watching Roncalli at East Central? It's in OT and EC is about to win if they can hit a FG.

FG in OT sends EC to LOS.

Edited by tango

Congrats to MD advancing to state, yet again, represent the SIAC!

Congrats to Castle for advancing to SS for the 2nd time in 3 years, tough way to lose in a close game. From what I saw on Twitter, but nevertheless, a great way to end the season strong!

Edited by TigerFan20

29 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Maybe Memorial should petition the IHSAA to move up to 5A. Mater Dei does for the state wrestling duals every year. 

I think there's a good chance MD and Memorial will both be in 3A in 2024. 

Edited by tango

4 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Let’s hope so but Memorial winning sectional this year will keep them up for the next cycle if I’m not mistaken 

No, 2 points is required to stay, so if we win Sectional next year we stay. We will be rebuilding next year.

1 hour ago, Markio23 said:

Isn't it the only school in your area?

I know we have something like 100 plus kids (all corporation schools combined) that are commuting in from other districts.  The one to our North and the one to our South seem to be popular.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I know we have something like 100 plus kids (all corporation schools combined) that are commuting in from other districts.  The one to our North and the one to our South seem to be popular.

That is a larger number than I would expect coming in from out of district.  What do you think is the attraction?  What percentage of your enrollment does this represent? 

56 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

That is a larger number than I would expect coming in from out of district.  What do you think is the attraction?  What percentage of your enrollment does this represent? 

I would have to research to get those numbers.  The attraction is a top notch education with very few "issues" as compared with the corporation/school to the North and South.  We get a lot of previously bullied kids   Kind of similar to what you guys pay for I would guess.  For a public school, GS is a special place.  I know at one point they put a shut down on the out of district kids as it was growing too large.  I just wish more of them were 6'4" 265....LOL.  In addition the new line at Toyota and companies like Diversity Viewtech continually looking for employees.  I own rental properties and had one available recently, I was shocked at the number of applicants who had taken the Toyota relocation package and were looking to "get their family to Indiana" as they were still living out of state.

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I would have to research to get those numbers.  The attraction is a top notch education with very few "issues" as compared with the corporation/school to the North and South.  We get a lot of previously bullied kids   Kind of similar to what you guys pay for I would guess.  For a public school, GS is a special place.  I know at one point they put a shut down on the out of district kids as it was growing too large.  I just wish more of them were 6'4" 265....LOL.  In addition the new line at Toyota and companies like Diversity Viewtech continually looking for employees.  I own rental properties and had one available recently, I was shocked at the number of applicants who had taken the Toyota relocation package and were looking to "get their family to Indiana" as they were still living out of state.

So a higher percentage of families choose Gibson Southern due to values and good education? It appears that hardworking attitude has translated to success on the field too! I'm glad families have that choice and that your football program has not been punished because of all the influx of hard work.