Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

2 minutes ago, fartfry18 said:

So a higher percentage of families choose Gibson Southern due to values and good education? It appears that hardworking attitude has translated to success on the field too! I'm glad families have that choice and that your football program has not been punished because of all the influx of hard work.

I don’t believe hard working programs should be penalized.  I do believe in choice and we just happen to be one of the better free choices in town.  Doesn’t change the fact even at a place like GS we will never come close to the homogeneity of a private school.  This is why enrollment alone tends to line the trophy cases of our private friends…hard work isn’t exclusive to publics or privates….dead weight however is pretty much exclusive to the former.

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I don’t believe hard working programs should be penalized.  I do believe in choice and we just happen to be one of the better free choices in town.  Doesn’t change the fact even at a place like GS we will never come close to the homogeneity of a private school.  This is why enrollment alone tends to line the trophy cases of our private friends…hard work isn’t exclusive to publics or privates….dead weight however is pretty much exclusive to the former.

Okay

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

images.png

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

My message has always been consistent and accurate.  One shouldn’t be able to purchase an unfair advantage….but apparently feeling entitled to it can’t be stopped.

Evansville/warrick schools have lost a fair share in recent years to gibson county. I'd say it had at least some to do with a title there. Did those parent buy that success for their kids?

1 hour ago, fartfry18 said:

Evansville/warrick schools have lost a fair share in recent years to gibson county. I'd say it had at least some to do with a title there. Did those parent buy that success for their kids?

Unfortunately we have no control over how good Sandy's Pizza is and how it can affect the SIAC/PAC dynamic in any given year. I'd just suggest getting better pizza joints.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fartfry18 said:

Fair share…seriously? If we received the same number of kids from those areas as we did last year every year for the next 20 years we wouldn’t even approach the number quality student athletes our local P&P friends have gleaned from local corporations in my day.  But that doesn’t bother me…transfers aren’t  an issue to me…neither is “recruiting”.   The problem is enrollment alone doesn’t work when comparing grossly dissimilar student populations. We all know it…but beating up year after year on schools with less homogeneous student populations is fun isn’t it, intoxicating, even addicting.  Why are some of you frightened of competing on an even playing field?  If the paying field was even we wouldn’t have these punitive systems like the success factor.  Eventually one convinces oneself of all kinds of reasons for the success other than the truth.  P&Ps win a disproportionate amount of championships than their number of state association schools would indicate in basically every state in the union.  That’s why states try to find equitable ways to offset the difference in student population types as opposed to enrollment alone.  No reasonably intelligent person believes enrollment alone is fair.  Even privately educated ones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Fair share…seriously? If we received the same number of kids from those areas as we did last year every year for the next 20 years we wouldn’t even approach the number quality student athletes our local P&P friends have gleaned from local corporations in my day.  But that doesn’t bother me…transfers aren’t  an issue to me…neither is “recruiting”.   The problem is enrollment alone doesn’t work when comparing grossly dissimilar student populations. We all know it…but beating up year after year on schools with less homogeneous student populations is fun isn’t it, intoxicating, even addicting.  Why are some of you frightened of competing on an even playing field?  If the paying field was even we wouldn’t have these punitive systems like the success factor.  Eventually one convinces oneself of all kinds of reasons for the success other than the truth.  P&Ps win a disproportionate amount of championships than their number of state association schools would indicate in basically every state in the union.  That’s why states try to find equitable ways to offset the difference in student population types as opposed to enrollment alone.  No reasonably intelligent person believes enrollment alone is fair.  Even privately educated ones.

That, and the pizza thing. If we're being honest, let's truly lay it bare.

33 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

What do you want to happen?  Have all the p/p's kicked out the Ihsaa?  Move all of them up to 5a and 6a?  What do you think would be fair?

2 minutes ago, Tippy said:

What do you want to happen?  Have all the p/p's kicked out the Ihsaa?  Move all of them up to 5a and 6a?  What do you think would be fair?

I would like to see a multiplier…the problem is trying to determine the best math to arrive at a fair number.  Half the states halve one, so there should be some great examples to investigate.

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I would like to see a multiplier…the problem is trying to determine the best math to arrive at a fair number.  Half the states halve one, so there should be some great examples to investigate.

Don’t you know that Indiana is unique? We can’t learn anything by looking at what other states do. (See playoff qualification/seeding discussions.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tippy said:

I don't think this should happen but I think a lot of people would agree with all P/P schools having to be either 3A or 5A, then implementing the success factor. 

That would solve 99% of the groping.

16 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Unfortunately we have no control over how good Sandy's Pizza is and how it can affect the SIAC/PAC dynamic in any given year. I'd just suggest getting better pizza joints.

I need more info on this sandys pizza. 

Congratulations MD! Has Goebel been given the key to the city yet? Hot damn is he good. 

And time for the 2023 season talk! Some questions for next year:

Can the Wildcats repeat as 2A State Champions?

Does Reitz finally get over the hump and win S24? Obviously the preseason  favorite, but crazier things can happen.

Who wins in Vincennes at Reitz in Week 2?

Who was the best schedule to set them up for the regular season?

Jasper, Castle potential SIAC contenders?

How will the Tigers respond from losing an heavy senior class? 

How will Bosse, Central, and Harrison look for next year?

Can the Huskies be a SIAC dark horse?

7 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I don't think this should happen but I think a lot of people would agree with all P/P schools having to be either 3A or 5A, then implementing the success factor. 

That would solve 99% of the groping.

That's very interesting!

2 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

Is this the year Goebel retires?   70 years old and going out with a state title….

Most coaches would call it quits, but I think he keeps on going, however, he did recently retire from Wrestling too. We will let the MD insiders answer this one