Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a little surprised the Bryant kid didn’t transfer to North. They need a solid QB and he passes North driving down 41.  I don’t see Fisher getting knocked from QB1. Especially if Fisher is “all-in” this offseason. 
Is Bryant capable of playing other positions or is he set on competing for QB1? Does Hurly implement a 2- QB system. Bryant looked like a solid running QB in limited time last season. 

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

I’m a little surprised the Bryant kid didn’t transfer to North. They need a solid QB and he passes North driving down 41.  I don’t see Fisher getting knocked from QB1. Especially if Fisher is “all-in” this offseason. 
Is Bryant capable of playing other positions or is he set on competing for QB1? Does Hurly implement a 2- QB system. Bryant looked like a solid running QB in limited time last season. 

My understanding is that he is set on QB1...someplace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Smart@ss.  Any of you knowledgeable football fans there?  I hear Fisher and Boyd stood out....but that was just one fans opinion. 

Unfortunately my sons did not want to play QB.  I guess it must be a recessive gene?

That, or they just take after their mother.  Lord, I apologize for that. 

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

I don't see Fish being "all in" over the summer because of baseball, but I have heard that (at least at this point) he is planning on playing football next season. Hurley is not one to mince words, so I expect Bryant had a clear understanding of the situation. MD would also seem to be a place in need of a QB. 

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Any of you knowledgeable football fans there?  

LOL. Not really knowledgeable and definitely far too old to sit and watch an outdoor camp in January. 

4 minutes ago, tango said:

I don't see Fish being "all in" over the summer because of baseball, but I have heard that (at least at this point) he is planning on playing football next season. Hurley is not one to mince words, so I expect Bryant had a clear understanding of the situation. MD would also seem to be a place in need of a QB. 

LOL. Not really knowledgeable and definitely far too old to sit and watch an outdoor camp in January. 

I don't think Bryant would be there unless someone told him that QB1 could be competed for....or at least one would assume.

Having two capable QBs is a good problem.
Bryant obviously feels he can win the position. Would not make sense transferring to be QB2. Unless it was more about the environment and education. 😂 I just think his chances of being QB1 were better at a few other schools. I like the fact he’s in blue and white and not afraid of the battle ahead. 

On 1/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, TigerFan20 said:

I will be posting returning SIAC production next week, since I took a short hiatus 

Lots of talented players returning conference-wide if I remember correctly. Looking forward to seeing how much production each team is returning.

For now, here is just a "top of the head" list (probably forgot some) of best impact players returning for each team:

North - Jason Rucker, Sam McKinney, Luke Grayson, Cainen Northington, Kasey Hospelhorn, Keonta Barton, Kaleb Harris, Delshan Davis, Ben Brasher, Jayden Hazelwood, Timothy Dixon

Memorial - Matthew Fisher, Porter Rode, Luke Ellspermann, Brady Combs, Donavan Baker, Sam Nichols, Jeremiah McGuire, Alex Broshears, DeMarviyon Vaughn, Aiden Waller, Dasmon Johnson

Jasper - Will Wallace, Griffin Hile, Max Bueltel, Mitchel Leinenbach, Carter Holsworth, Jaylon Van Slyke, Eliot Smith, Landon Fleck, Tyler Atkins

Vincennes - Xander Hunt, Darrius Hill, Tate Keller, Luke Lindsey, Dusty Bilskie, Jace Kinnet, Will Hambrick, Tanner Gilbert, Daniel Nash

Reitz - Ben Davies, Hayden Summers, Harlen Summers, Roland Vera Jr., Quentin Boeke, Bode Pressley, Devin Coomer, Levi Oxley, Calab Utley, Kole Brantley, Alex Sitzman, Ayden Wells, Keifer Sanderson, Troy Davis Jr.

Castle - Caden Gordon, Antonio Harris, Max McCool, Quentin Wilson, Landon Holder, Jersey Wells, Cameron Russelburg, Gavin Leach, Coleton Adamson, Benny Patterson

Bosse - Tizhaun Tomlinson, Elijah Wagner, Royal Elliot, Amari Hope, Adrian Jackson, Antonio Floyd Jr., Arron Finott, Lavan St. Germain, Cedric Norris, Jadrion Griffin

Harrison - Myles Terry, DeShawndre Brown, Devin Heneisen, Nation Johnson, Jalen Sutton, Brooks Thomas

Mater Dei - Tanner Halbig, Tate Mallory, Wyatt Stratman, Spencer Turner, Aiden Scheu, Camden Marx, Ethan Goodin, Brett Wilkey

• Like 2