Jump to content

The SIAC Thread


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Not sure how much stock you can put in these rankings.  They have Herdes as the 8th QB in the class of '23, yet he completed only 41% of his throws, 1 TD and 8 Ints, and a QB rating of 32 (stats courtesy of MaxPreps).  And he was replaced in the line up by a Freshman last season.

94th ranked kid just committed to Iowa. Can’t give this list any credit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Agree....these all have serious limitations.

Herdes was hurt though .he had a decent soph year.   As far as brasher I'm glad he didn't leave  north cuz north  because  north  is going to challenge for siac the next 2 to 3 years. north coach building something out there  watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Snadenjr said:

Herdes was hurt though .he had a decent soph year.   As far as brasher I'm glad he didn't leave  north cuz north  because  north  is going to challenge for siac the next 2 to 3 years. north coach building something out there  watch.

I had heard Brasher had enrolled at Memorial earlier this summer...maybe he changed his mind.

Edited by Titan32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I had heard Brasher had enrolled at Memorial earlier this summer...maybe he changed his mind.

 Well see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I had heard Brasher had enrolled at Memorial earlier this summer...maybe he changed his mind.

The North administration told kid and parents they will recommended 365 with no athletics included JV.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Screagle said:

The North administration told kid and parents they will recommended 365 with no athletics included JV.  

That's too bad....they had swallowed enough blue and white cool-aid to sink the Titanic LOL.

Edited by Titan32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snadenjr said:

Herdes was hurt though .he had a decent soph year.   As far as brasher I'm glad he didn't leave  north cuz north  because  north  is going to challenge for siac the next 2 to 3 years. north coach building something out there  watch.

I feel North is talented most years. Have to find a way to get over the 5 win hump. Seems like they had a really good group a couple years back and then the wheels came off 2nd half. I think not knowing how to handling success hurt that group. 

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

That's too bad....they had swallowed enough blue and white cool-aid to sink the Titanic LOL.

It’s one of the tastier drinks in the area. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Screagle said:

The North administration told kid and parents they will recommended 365 with no athletics included JV.  

Reason why he wanted to come to Memorial? First time I’ve heard this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

That's too bad....they had swallowed enough blue and white cool-aid to sink the Titanic LOL.

Cold, crisp, easy drinkin' with no bitter aftertaste. Oh wait, that's Busch Light... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Memorial is known as OL university 

Well see how many recruits  go anywhere this year.im definitely going to go to some games this year.i hope mason Wunderlich gets pick up by div 1 school I know Wisconsin was interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, FootballFan28 said:

94th ranked kid just committed to Iowa. Can’t give this list any credit. 

That young man  may not had any offers when they released there list idk.all it takes is 1 offer then next thing you know you can blow up.indiana prep zone doesn't update rankings every week or bi weekly.recruits gotta send their highlights film to them to be evaluated unless someone tells Indiana prep zone about a specific athlete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snadenjr said:

That young man  may not had any offers when they released there list idk.all it takes is 1 offer then next thing you know you can blow up.indiana prep zone doesn't update rankings every week or bi weekly.recruits gotta send their highlights film to them to be evaluated unless someone tells Indiana prep zone about a specific athlete.

Indiana Prep Zone is not where coaches look for kids. They don’t look at any recruiting services either. They want kids at their camps and they want to see kids compete in different sports.  Highlight film works to get their attention but very few use highlights as an important recruiting tool. You want looks, go to that teams camp and go early and often. 
 

You mentioned the Wunderlick kid was being recruiting by Wisconsin. Is he going into his senior year? Does he have an offer on the table from any level?  All players going into senior year without an offer have a really good chance of never getting an offer or a very late small school offer. 

 

 

Edited by Screagle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Indiana Prep Zone is not where coaches look for kids. They don’t look at any recruiting services either. They want kids at their camps and they want to see kids compete in different sports.  Highlight film works to get their attention but very few use highlights as an important recruiting tool. You want looks, go to that teams camp and go early and often. 
 

You mentioned the Wunderlick kid was being recruiting by Wisconsin. Is he going into his senior year? Does he have an offer on the table from any level?  All players going into senior year without an offer have a really good chance of never getting an offer or a very late small school offer. 

 

 

Wunderlich is going into his senior year.  I know he went to Wisconsin to visit last season, but I haven't heard anything about it since.  I'm not sure how much interest there really is.  FWIW, I don't see him as a Big 10 QB.  I don't think he's athletic enough to play at that level.  He does have a good, strong arm.  He's certainly not at the level Brady Allen was heading into his senior year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Indiana Prep Zone is not where coaches look for kids. They don’t look at any recruiting services either. They want kids at their camps and they want to see kids compete in different sports.  Highlight film works to get their attention but very few use highlights as an important recruiting tool. You want looks, go to that teams camp and go early and often. 
 

You mentioned the Wunderlick kid was being recruiting by Wisconsin. Is he going into his senior year? Does he have an offer on the table from any level?  All players going into senior year without an offer have a really good chance of never getting an offer or a very late small school offer. 

 

 

Recruiting $ervices only exist for one reason. They have quickly become the travel ba$eball for football players. 

I wonder if I can trade in my vacation timeshare for a gold or platinum package of my son’s highlights? 

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Indiana Prep Zone is not where coaches look for kids. They don’t look at any recruiting services either. They want kids at their camps and they want to see kids compete in different sports.  Highlight film works to get their attention but very few use highlights as an important recruiting tool. You want looks, go to that teams camp and go early and often. 
 

You mentioned the Wunderlick kid was being recruiting by Wisconsin. Is he going into his senior year? Does he have an offer on the table from any level?  All players going into senior year without an offer have a really good chance of never getting an offer or a very late small school offer. 

 

 

Yes they obviously want them at their camps to see recruit in person but yea kids do have to dm coaches with their film to.i know there other things to like grades,act, attitude, what your trying to study, and stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Wunderlich is going into his senior year.  I know he went to Wisconsin to visit last season, but I haven't heard anything about it since.  I'm not sure how much interest there really is.  FWIW, I don't see him as a Big 10 QB.  I don't think he's athletic enough to play at that level.  He does have a good, strong arm.  He's certainly not at the level Brady Allen was heading into his senior year.

He may not be on the Brady Allen level but he's at least fcs. as long as you can move in pocket  you don't have to be super athletic just be accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snadenjr said:

He may not be on the Brady Allen level but he's at least fcs. as long as you can move in pocket  you don't have to be super athletic just be accurate.

That remains to be seen.  I have no clue who is actually recruiting him, but I see him more at a small school.  Somewhere like Marian or Wabash.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snadenjr said:

He may not be on the Brady Allen level but he's at least fcs. as long as you can move in pocket  you don't have to be super athletic just be accurate.

Not saying he can’t play at that level but most D1 FCS or FBS seniors to be already have offers on the table.  

Edited by Screagle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Snadenjr said:

He may not be on the Brady Allen level but he's at least fcs. as long as you can move in pocket  you don't have to be super athletic just be accurate.

Accuracy is an interesting point.   53% completion percentage.    Allen completed almost 69% his senior year after only 55% is junior year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Accuracy is an interesting point.   53% completion percentage.    Allen completed almost 69% his senior year after only 55% is junior year.

Allen put in a lot of work and made a huge jump in his game from Junior to Senior year, I think a lot of dedicated HS players make a similar kind of jump and I would expect no less from Wunderlich.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Not saying he can’t play at that level but most D1 FCS or FBS seniors to be already have offers on the table.  

Gotta remember athletes haven't sign yet  so season hasn't started yet so he still has time.if he has a great season he should get some offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Snadenjr said:

Gotta remember athletes haven't sign yet  so season hasn't started yet so he still has time.if he has a great season he should get some offers.

I don’t doubt he can but it’s not a good sign if you’re a senior to be with no offers on the table.  Not doubting the kid but that’s reality.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Screagle said:

I don’t doubt he can but it’s not a good sign if you’re a senior to be with no offers on the table.  Not doubting the kid but that’s reality.  

Remember Kurt wilderman that played at ind st and he went to mater dei and he was under 6'2 so if he can play at fcs level than I know mason Wunderlich can plus he's at mater dei and at 6'5 if he improves someone will take a chance on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Snadenjr said:

Remember Kurt wilderman that played at ind st and he went to mater dei and he was under 6'2 so if he can play at fcs level than I know mason Wunderlich can plus he's at mater dei and at 6'5 if he improves someone will take a chance on him.

No question he will get an opportunity.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...