Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brady Allen: Mr. Football case

Don’t wanna clog up other threads debating this so I’m just going to compile his accomplishments/case right here.  

Bradys accomplishments 

1) 11,918 career passing yards.  2nd all time in Indiana. 277 yards short of being the all time leader.  If it weren’t for Brady being so efficient and playing only the 1st half of so many games this year, this record would have been broken finally….it was established in 2001.

2) 4,253 yards passing in a season. 3rd best passing season for Indiana. 6 yards short from 2nd best, 215 yards short from 1st. The last time someone got over 4200 yards and close to the all time record was 2002….2 decades 

3) 149 career passing TDs.  1st all time ….by 7 TDs.  That record stood for nearly a decade. 

4) 791 career completions.  1st all time. Another Record that stood since 2001

5) 58 passing TDs in a season.  The single season record is 60…..set in 2002 

6) As of RIGHT NOW, Brady is 7th in the entire country for single season passing yards.

7) He is also 2nd in passing TDs…..FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTRY 

8 ) He led GS to its very first Semi State championship and its first state championship…..and I can’t explain how special that is…..especially considering how we were 0-3 vs the Indy p/p schools and 0-3 in the semi state games….might only be 1-4 now but it’s a win that transcends football for the smaller public schools outside of the Indy metro.  It can’t be quantified, but everyone knows how difficult it is to beat one of these schools in November.  

Im not trying to take anything away from what others have done….but when you have a QB who breaks records that stood for 2 decades….one that was the only one in recent history to even sniff some of the Schiff records let alone break one…..one that put together a top 3 single season performance…..one that is statistically top 10 IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY…..arguably top 5…….if this is not enough for Mr. Football, then what is? 

everyone said he needed to win a state championship to win Mr. Football…..well he did that.  

I may be biased but there is just no way someone can actually make an argument to say he shouldn’t win this award.  He did everything he needed to and then a whole lot more. 

this was more than just a special season….this was an all time clinic he put on against a great schedule and he’s going to go down as arguably the best QB in the state ever…some of these records may never be broken…or we may have to wait a while for them to be topped.  

Can anyone else really say they put together something more impressive than this? 

Just now, temptation said:

Should career numbers be considered since it’s a senior only award?

Legitimately asking.

I believe they should be considered.  But obviously the senior season is the most important. 

Brady’s season alone has more than enough merit though.

I even forgot to put in there that Brady went 11 games with 42 passing tds before he threw an interception….I really should have included that because WOW….that has to be a record of some sort….how many QBs in Indiana have thrown for 42 TDs in a season….let alone without an int during that stretch….and then to add 16 more TDs on his way to winning it all? Just super impressive.

Probably hurts the others cases if we say it’s only the senior season because this year was magical 

I think what Curry has done is remarkably impressive, and his uniqueness as a player is something I haven't seen in my 25+ years following high school football.  He plays both sides of the ball (and long snapper too) and case in point is last night, he rushed for almost 40 yards on two critical plays for Center Grove and no one could bring this guy down.  I think where the argument is going to revolve around while Allen may be one of the best QB's the state has ever had, Curry may be the most 'complete' football player the state has ever had.  Question is what fits the criteria for Mr. Football the most?

1 minute ago, Dave007 said:

I think what Curry has done is remarkably impressive, and his uniqueness as a player is something I haven't seen in my 25+ years following high school football.  He plays both sides of the ball (and long snapper too) and case in point is last night, he rushed for almost 40 yards on two critical plays for Center Grove and no one could bring this guy down.  I think where the argument is going to revolve around while Allen may be one of the best QB's the state has ever had, Curry may be the most 'complete' football player the state has ever had.  Question is what fits the criteria for Mr. Football the most?

I totally get that….and I don’t want to take anything away from him….my problem though is I watched George Karlaftis lay down one of the most dominant seasons ever at basically the same position as Curry….that LB/DE/DT/even TE role.

Curry faced stiffer competition no doubt….but GK3 put down 17.5 sacks and 56 TFLs his senior year…..that’s double what Curry did and to me at least…I don’t think Curry is better than GK3.  They are on the same level but I wouldn’t claim Curry to be the best in 25 years….I think he’s the best since GK3.  That’s my opinion though and I want to stress that while I debate against Curry I don’t want to make this seem like Curry isn’t a phenomenal talent….I just think he is the 2nd best player in the state behind Brady. 

26 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I believe they should be considered.  But obviously the senior season is the most important. 

Brady’s season alone has more than enough merit though.

I even forgot to put in there that Brady went 11 games with 42 passing tds before he threw an interception….I really should have included that because WOW….that has to be a record of some sort….how many QBs in Indiana have thrown for 42 TDs in a season….let alone without an int during that stretch….and then to add 16 more TDs on his way to winning it all? Just super impressive.

Probably hurts the others cases if we say it’s only the senior season because this year was magical 

Memorial QB 2018

3858 yards 

51 tds 7 int 

512 rushing yards 

12 TDs 

25 post season TDs.  21 passing 4 rushing. 

Writer for Indy newspaper thought it would take 2 state titles for him to win it. Finished 3rd behind Kizer and Bell 

Curry and Brady have to be 1 & 2 and not sure what order. Both deserving. 

Edited by Screagle

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, again, no props for the offensive lineman. According to 247, Kiyaunta Goodwin is your Mr. Football. No one has more offers than that kid. 

Blake Fisher was probably the only chance for an OL winning it.  Just the reality of the situation.

they should make an OL/DL award though….as much as Indiana loves to talk about corn fed/Uber physical lineman….probably would do it some justice 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

he isn’t even the best qb in the state

their schedule is trash 

I’d take curry or Jackson over him, they proved it every week against superior competition 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/RecruitRankings/?State=IN

😂😂😂 

Get back with us in a month when the final rankings are established.  

also….sagarin certainly thinks the schedule was pretty good and it didn’t even include the South Warren who is playing for the 5A title in Kentucky.

Does your butt ever get jealous of your mouth for the crap that comes out of it? 😂  

@Whiting89before you come back and respond.  I would just like to point out that Brady has more TDs this year alone that what jackson did in 3 years at CG.  Jackson’s best season statistically would be Brady’s worst and it’s not even close actually

brady even has more rushing yards and TDs despite finishing with negative rushing yards last year

seriously 

Brady 64 total TDs this year

Jackson 62 total TDs in 42 games 

Prime example of how being in Indy and getting constant free exposure can skew things for rankings.  

3 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

@Whiting89before you come back and respond.  I would just like to point out that Brady has more TDs this year alone that what jackson did in 3 years at CG.  Jackson’s best season statistically would be Brady’s worst and it’s not even close actually

brady even has more rushing yards and TDs despite finishing with negative rushing yards last year

seriously 

Brady 64 total TDs this year

Jackson 62 total TDs in 42 games 

Prime example of how being in Indy and getting constant free exposure can skew things for rankings.  

Yeah let Jackson play Washington, Princeton, etc and see how he does apples to oranges comparison

SEC to Ohio valley in terms of schedule 

1 minute ago, Whiting89 said:

Yeah let Jackson play Washington, Princeton, etc and see how he does apples to oranges comparison

SEC to Ohio valley in terms of schedule 

According to sagarin

2-0 vs top 25 teams

4-0 vs top 64 teams

#57th schedule in Indiana….on par with a 5A schedule 

doesn’t even factor in South Warren still.  

I genuinely hope someone who has a vote reads your comments so they realize how dumb it would be on your side 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I totally get that….and I don’t want to take anything away from him….my problem though is I watched George Karlaftis lay down one of the most dominant seasons ever at basically the same position as Curry….that LB/DE/DT/even TE role.

Curry faced stiffer competition no doubt….but GK3 put down 17.5 sacks and 56 TFLs his senior year…..that’s double what Curry did and to me at least…I don’t think Curry is better than GK3.  They are on the same level but I wouldn’t claim Curry to be the best in 25 years….I think he’s the best since GK3.  That’s my opinion though and I want to stress that while I debate against Curry I don’t want to make this seem like Curry isn’t a phenomenal talent….I just think he is the 2nd best player in the state behind Brady. 

Agree the stats GK3 had were off the charts.  I just think Curry has more of a presence where he served as the catalyst to the team which is responsible for such amazing success which may give them top 5 ranking nationally after this weekend.  

If I am a betting man I say Allen gets the award and would be well deserved it would just be curious to see how close the voting will be under these circumstances

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

he isn’t even the best qb in the state

their schedule is trash 

I’d take curry or Jackson over him, they proved it every week against superior competition 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/RecruitRankings/?State=IN

Brady Allen is a much better QB than Jackson, I don’t care what the rankings say. I’m actually floored that Jackson is going to a respectable SEC school. I get it, he has the size/mobility that coaches drool over but his mechanics/footwork need major improvement and he really hasn’t played in an offense where he needs to make multiple reads and go through progressions down the field. I think he’s in for a rude awakening at the next level, similar to what you saw with McCulley at IU this year. And I say that as the biggest IU football fan there is.

Curry is the best football player in the state in my opinion, but it’s a stat/offensive award and Allen wins in that department. It’s a two man race and I’m fine with either getting it, both are deserving.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Brady Allen is a much better QB than Jackson, I don’t care what the rankings say. I’m actually floored that Jackson is going to a respectable SEC school. I get it, he has the size/mobility that coaches drool over but his mechanics/footwork need major improvement and he really hasn’t played in an offense where he needs to make multiple reads and go through progressions down the field. I think he’s in for a rude awakening at the next level, similar to what you saw with McCulley at IU this year. And I say that as the biggest IU football fan there is.

Curry is the best football player in the state in my opinion, but it’s a stat/offensive award and Allen wins in that department. It’s a two man race and I’m fine with either getting it, both are deserving.

Nailed it. 

it’s a 2 man race for sure and we all have our opinions on the matter

didn’t realize there was the 3rd opinion by whiting 😂

3 hours ago, Dave007 said:

This will sound crazy to some but Curry wasn’t even the best “high school” football player on the field yesterday. Sorry not sorry but I said it

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Once a Titan said:

Would you like to elaborate 😬

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/games/11-27-2021/football-21/center-grove-vs-westfield.htm?c=U-L4Lp-8OUO1ZR1sxJAbPg#tab=box-score&schoolid=

I’m not talking about future college and NFL prospect.  I’m talking last night in a high school football game and for me Micah Hauser was the best player out there. Maybe it was a fluke I’m not sure but he was absolute monster last night. 3 Td’s and 16 tackles  

21 minutes ago, Huge Football Fan said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/games/11-27-2021/football-21/center-grove-vs-westfield.htm?c=U-L4Lp-8OUO1ZR1sxJAbPg#tab=box-score&schoolid=

I’m not talking about future college and NFL prospect.  I’m talking last night in a high school football game and for me Micah Hauser was the best player out there. Maybe it was a fluke I’m not sure but he was absolute monster last night. 3 Td’s and 16 tackles  

I was quite impressed with Hauser and LaBelle of Mt Vernon in the 4A game earlier. 

The blowout nature of the 4A game did require him to take over like he did in the regional and SS games, but 80yds, 2 TD’s and 9 tackles is a solid game. 

The ability of Hauser and LaBelle to play both ways at such a high level is an amazing feat, IMO. 

9 hours ago, Huge Football Fan said:

I would like to ask you a question. I get your sentiment and Micah Hauser is a fantastic football player. Do you feel Hauser would have had more yardage than Curry if they both received the same amount of carries, receptions, or plays offensively? I think what is missed sometimes is a player like Curry, just because they don't need to use him offensively a lot or at LB doesn't mean he can't produce at both. Curry had half the yardage as Hauser with almost 1/4 of the carries. Curry was on the D-line and Hauser a LB, Hauser should have more tackles at LB than a D-lineman and Curry had half as many which is a testament to what he does as a D-lineman.

Rushing

M. Hauser 15 carries 66 yds 3 TD 4.3 Avg

C. Curry 4 carries 36 yds 1 TD 9.0 Avg

Receiving

M. Hauser 3 targets 2 catches 16 yds 0 TD 

C. Curry 0 targets 0 catches 0 yds 0 TD

Tackles

M. Hauser 5 solo 5 assist 10 total 0 TFL

C. Curry 1 solo 4 assist 5 total 0 TFL

Now I thought Popeye Williams had a terrific game with 6 solo 3 assist 9 total 1 sack 2 TFL. However you don't see Popeye play on Offense. Curry while a very dominant D-lineman also plays well on offense (when CG decides to insert him) and I believe I read he also long snaps (not sure). I think when you look at the stats and compare touches it doesn't put Hauser as the best player on the field. In all honesty there  were a bunch of terrific players on the field in the 6A game and quite honestly they were all performing on the biggest stage.

For me, it is between 3 players:

Brady Allen- Gibson Southern

Caden Curry- Center Grove

Micah Hauser- Westfield

These are the clear cut favorites and would be fine if any one of them win. They put on performances all year long and put on shows at the State Finals this weekend.

21 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I would like to ask you a question. I get your sentiment and Micah Hauser is a fantastic football player. Do you feel Hauser would have had more yardage than Curry if they both received the same amount of carries, receptions, or plays offensively? I think what is missed sometimes is a player like Curry, just because they don't need to use him offensively a lot or at LB doesn't mean he can't produce at both. Curry had half the yardage as Hauser with almost 1/4 of the carries. Curry was on the D-line and Hauser a LB, Hauser should have more tackles at LB than a D-lineman and Curry had half as many which is a testament to what he does as a D-lineman.

Rushing

M. Hauser 15 carries 66 yds 3 TD 4.3 Avg

C. Curry 4 carries 36 yds 1 TD 9.0 Avg

Receiving

M. Hauser 3 targets 2 catches 16 yds 0 TD 

C. Curry 0 targets 0 catches 0 yds 0 TD

Tackles

M. Hauser 5 solo 5 assist 10 total 0 TFL

C. Curry 1 solo 4 assist 5 total 0 TFL

Now I thought Popeye Williams had a terrific game with 6 solo 3 assist 9 total 1 sack 2 TFL. However you don't see Popeye play on Offense. Curry while a very dominant D-lineman also plays well on offense (when CG decides to insert him) and I believe I read he also long snaps (not sure). I think when you look at the stats and compare touches it doesn't put Hauser as the best player on the field. In all honesty there  were a bunch of terrific players on the field in the 6A game and quite honestly they were all performing on the biggest stage.

I’m not sure where you saw those defensive stats but what I saw was Hauser had 16 tackles 10 solo? So what I saw was 16 tackles to 5. Point being in this high school game I would take Hauser