Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brady Allen: Mr. Football case

14 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Drayk Bowen, a Junior, just won Indiana Gatorade Player of the Year. Have no qualms with it either. He wasn’t eligible for Mr. Football. I think if you really want Mr. Football to be associated with any kind of best player award, it needs to be open to all classes.

Micah Hauser > Drayk Bowen

Played full time both ways (like Bowen).  Better stat lines against better teams (or in the case of Merrilville, the same team).

I'll duck and cover now 🤪

19 minutes ago, US31 said:

Played full time both ways (like Bowen).  Better stat lines against better teams (or in the case of Merrilville, the same team).

Drayk Bowen is a borderline 5* recruit ranked in the top 50 NATIONALLY in his high school class. 

Ever think Micah Hauser had a better supporting cast more suited to play against a 6A school than 2A Andrean? Anyone want to take a guess what Drayk Bowen's numbers might look like playing for a 6A school?

Micah Hauser is a very good player in his own right, that shouldn't be lost in all this. 

Not sure comparing stats of one common opponent (in which one school is much more suited to compete against) is a fair assessment. 

41 minutes ago, US31 said:

One is a Senior (Hauser) and the other a Junior (Bowen). We have another year of seeing Drayk Bowen, should be interesting.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:30 AM, Footballking16 said:

Drayk Bowen, a Junior, just won Indiana Gatorade Player of the Year. Have no qualms with it either. He wasn’t eligible for Mr. Football. I think if you really want Mr. Football to be associated with any kind of best player award, it needs to be open to all classes.

It should be open to all classes -- just as the Heisman is.

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Assuming Andrean makes another deep playoff run…..is there any other kid in state who has a chance of winning next year?

Depending on how his season goes next year you could say Jaron Tibbs. His stats in the 5A State Championship game were impressive!

image.png.908dcf0cc9fb7fdbc363c946ec9512b8.png

On 12/7/2021 at 8:28 PM, Grover said:

I'd just like to see it go to the best player.  Call me crazy.

Looking at the history of the award, it almost seems like a death sentence.  I wouldn't want it if I were you, unless you want to end up selling at Dewig Meats in Haubstadt? Lord knows how they treat out of towners down there. #97

Edited by IndplsCathedral_Dad

9 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Looking at the history of the award, it almost seems like a death sentence.  I wouldn't want it if I were you, unless you want to end up selling at Dewig Meats in Haubstadt? Lord knows how they treat out of towners down there. #97

Chris Dewig was my roommate in college. I could sell for him. I might eat too much product though. 

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 2:35 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

It should be open to all classes -- just as the Heisman is.

I think changing its title to something like Indiana Player of the Year as opposed to Mr. Football opens it up to that, provided that the rules are changed, and also would (hopefully) minimize some of the career stuff that tends to creep in in both discussion and, likely, voting, too.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:12 PM, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Screenshot_20211213-223331_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2f72c9cac6cf6134a4b01404977ef899.jpgScreenshot_20211213-223331_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2f72c9cac6cf6134a4b01404977ef899.jpgI'd venture a guess they treat out of towners well enough.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Can’t be any worse than working at a Waffle House right? 

On 12/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

True, but some have overcome the death sentence which is a positive:

DuJaun Daniels played at Boston College and was a scout with Patriots now I believe with Raiders.

Rex Grossman played at Florida and did have an NFL career (if you want to call it that).

Clayton Richard ended up actually focusing on baseball ending up in MLB.

Darren Evans played well at Virginia Tech, went into NFL but never really did much.

Jaylon Smith was a very good player at Notre Dame and has played in the ProBowl of NFL.

Terry McLaurin may be the most accomplished out of any of them when it's all said and done. Was a starter at OSU has really taken the NFL by storm

On 12/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, FastpacedO said:

True, but some have overcome the death sentence which is a positive:

DuJaun Daniels played at Boston College and was a scout with Patriots now I believe with Raiders.

Rex Grossman played at Florida and did have an NFL career (if you want to call it that).

Clayton Richard ended up actually focusing on baseball ending up in MLB.

Darren Evans played well at Virginia Tech, went into NFL but never really did much.

Jaylon Smith was a very good player at Notre Dame and has played in the ProBowl of NFL.

Terry McLaurin may be the most accomplished out of any of them when it's all said and done. Was a starter at OSU has really taken the NFL by storm

Yeah, but now he's at Jeff.

GIF rimshot rim shot - animated GIF on GIFER

Lord, I apologize for that there.

• Haha 2