Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Proposal From A Retiring Coach

Title:               Proposal from a Retiring Coach

Next fall, God Willing, will be my 40 season as a head football coach and my final season as I plan to retire at the conclusion of the 2022 season.  I have taught the past 34 years Social Science at Clinton Central High School and have been the head football coach 22 of those years.  I am currently on my second run the past two seasons.  I pride myself in being a classroom teacher first and extending that forum to the athletic field.  My current course schedule includes:  United States History, World History, APUSH, Psychology and Sociology along with certification as our school weight room instructor.

We currently have an opening for second semester on for my teaching position, then after the conclusion of the football season an opportunity available to interview for the head football coaching position.  This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate with a strong academic resume.  Our students are outstanding as our academic rigor is directed and expected by students, administration and community.

What kind of candidate are we seeking?

Successful assistant coach with 5 + years of high school leadership experience. [from any class level]

·         A former or current head coach that would like to try again or just decided as I have done several times that you are just not done yet.  [from any class level]

·         High level of strength teaching ability to lead not only football but direct the entire strength program.  Once implemented this is not as hard as it may sound.

·         Commitment toward moving this program in a positive direction.

·         Able to work closely with administration, especially the Athletic Office.

Football has a strong tradition here at Central, football has been heard at times state wide but we still are looking to advance beyond the regional level.  We have a wonderful fan base, best equipment available, and an outstanding veteran coaching staff that plan to stay on after I retire.  All the wheels are in motion for the right guy!

The Gridiron community over the years have liked and dislike me as a coach but that is ok because our community feels the same and that is what we all expect!

If interested contact me through my email address and we can talk more.  I will answer all email inquiries, I want someone to come in and do well!  Email:  George.gilbert@clinton.k12.in.us

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Coach Gilbert said:

Title:               Proposal from a Retiring Coach

Next fall, God Willing, will be my 40 season as a head football coach and my final season as I plan to retire at the conclusion of the 2022 season.  I have taught the past 34 years Social Science at Clinton Central High School and have been the head football coach 22 of those years.  I am currently on my second run the past two seasons.  I pride myself in being a classroom teacher first and extending that forum to the athletic field.  My current course schedule includes:  United States History, World History, APUSH, Psychology and Sociology along with certification as our school weight room instructor.

We currently have an opening for second semester on for my teaching position, then after the conclusion of the football season an opportunity available to interview for the head football coaching position.  This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate with a strong academic resume.  Our students are outstanding as our academic rigor is directed and expected by students, administration and community.

What kind of candidate are we seeking?

Successful assistant coach with 5 + years of high school leadership experience. [from any class level]

·         A former or current head coach that would like to try again or just decided as I have done several times that you are just not done yet.  [from any class level]

·         High level of strength teaching ability to lead not only football but direct the entire strength program.  Once implemented this is not as hard as it may sound.

·         Commitment toward moving this program in a positive direction.

·         Able to work closely with administration, especially the Athletic Office.

Football has a strong tradition here at Central, football has been heard at times state wide but we still are looking to advance beyond the regional level.  We have a wonderful fan base, best equipment available, and an outstanding veteran coaching staff that plan to stay on after I retire.  All the wheels are in motion for the right guy!

The Gridiron community over the years have liked and dislike me as a coach but that is ok because our community feels the same and that is what we all expect!

If interested contact me through my email address and we can talk more.  I will answer all email inquiries, I want someone to come in and do well!  Email:  George.gilbert@clinton.k12.in.us

I met Coach Gilbert a few years back at a Regional (2013 South Adams).  A bitterly cold night; And out walks this 'grizzled- gentlemanly Coach' in a short-sleeved shirt and tie.  Welp, ya got my respect IMMEDIATELY!  

He was in charge from start to finish.  They went on to win that evening, the next week at Semi-State and off to LOS.  At the Monday meeting of teams, officials, media, and IHSAA Staff.  I made darned sure to take a "B-Line", shake his hand and wish him and Tri-Central the very best in the 1A Final vs. Eastern Hancock.  

Here's what I know, he helped make me, and the crew better!  I wish Coach Gilbert the very best.  And I feel proud to have been a small part of his journey.  He's been a large part of ours.  

• Like 2