Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Franklin Central and Avon.

Intriguing! Just hard to see them leaving the HCC with the MIC's lack of investment in every sport except for Football, Track, and Boys & Girls Basketball. 

I know it's probably a no but I would love to see Cathedral in the MIC lol. 

4 minutes ago, US31 said:

Football, by and large, is a weekend deal....but in other sports, CG  making half their bus trips to HamCO...yikes.  Have fun with that on weeknights

Eh, people in certain parts of the country commute over an hour to work daily.  We are pretty spoiled in Indy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, US31 said:

I was just going to mention Cathedral....no idea if Cathedral would want that.  But they'd be the interesting choice.

Was told Cathedral didn't have adequate enough facilities last time they asked about entry. Not sure if there was any truth to that but just what I've always known to be the case. 10 or so years ago sounded a lot more appealing that it does now. Cathedral really used to struggle with scheduling.

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Eh, people in certain parts of the country commute over an hour to work daily.  We are pretty spoiled in Indy.

My wife has an hour plus commute in Indy. 

But an hour commute before and after work is a different discussion than an 1 hour plus commute around 465 at 5pm....and then back again that night when you have school the next day.   Apples and Oranges

1 hour ago, Grover said:

I don't recall but the last time seems like it was about five years ago.  Maybe longer...maybe when the Terre Hautes dropped out.

I don't believe the vote for Cathedral to enter was close from my recollection. The MIC has many different ADs/principals now. Who knows?

35 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Was told Cathedral didn't have adequate enough facilities last time they asked about entry. Not sure if there was any truth to that but just what I've always known to be the case. 10 or so years ago sounded a lot more appealing that it does now. Cathedral really used to struggle with scheduling.

Would Cathedral strike a deal to play "all away" if they entered the MIC ... at least for football?  MIC may not want to play at Arlington, but I suspect that home gates would increase at the various MIC schools when Cathedral came to town.

19 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Would Cathedral strike a deal to play "all away" if they entered the MIC ... at least for football?  MIC may not want to play at Arlington, but I suspect that home gates would increase at the various MIC schools when Cathedral came to town.

Personally don't think Cathedral needs the MIC anymore. Cathedral embraces the independent tag and freedom that comes with scheduling. 10-15, 20 years ago Cathedral was still playing teams like Broad Ripple, Arlington, Tech, Northwest, etc because they couldn't find consistent opponents. Cathedral today has a decent rotation with OH GCL schools, MIC/HCC here in town, Roncalli is due back on the schedule, and then of course the annual game with Chatard. 

22 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Personally don't think Cathedral needs the MIC anymore. Cathedral embraces the independent tag and freedom that comes with scheduling. 10-15, 20 years ago Cathedral was still playing teams like Broad Ripple, Arlington, Tech, Northwest, etc because they couldn't find consistent opponents. Cathedral today has a decent rotation with OH GCL schools, MIC/HCC here in town, Roncalli is due back on the schedule, and then of course the annual game with Chatard. 

I kind of figured that, but was just curious more about the gate item than anything else.  I think you are right that Cathedral has more flexibility as an independent and more opportunities for cross-state play with OH and KY than if they were tied to the MIC.  I also suspect they like having the game with Chatard as well as, as you've mentioned, a chance to renew with Roncalli.  Those things would likely fall by the wayside if they joined the MIC.  I'd also venture a guess that, if an opening did appear on Cathedral's schedule, even without joining the MIC, they might get one or two of those MIC teams to consider a home-and-home two-year deal every once in a while.

22 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I kind of figured that, but was just curious more about the gate item than anything else.  I think you are right that Cathedral has more flexibility as an independent and more opportunities for cross-state play with OH and KY than if they were tied to the MIC.  I also suspect they like having the game with Chatard as well as, as you've mentioned, a chance to renew with Roncalli.  Those things would likely fall by the wayside if they joined the MIC.  I'd also venture a guess that, if an opening did appear on Cathedral's schedule, even without joining the MIC, they might get one or two of those MIC teams to consider a home-and-home two-year deal every once in a while.

Agreed. I don't really need to see Cathedral play NC, Pike, Lawrence, etc every year for it to makes to make a move. I hope CG stays on the schedule and then a rotation with BD/Carmel/WC. Those match-ups are good for Indiana High School football.

2 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

If the inevitable occurs, what does the MIC try and do, to replace Carmel and CG? 

I think the MIC for sure would try and round up the rest of the township schools.

Franklin Central for sure would be the best option, Southport and Perry will never join as they are so far behind athletically, Decatur Central is an intriguing one as they are a growing program in football and basketball. Would love to see the Hawks join however I don't see them wanting to leave the Mid State.

Tech would be another option, but I also find it hard to believe them wanting to join. I think they should though.

Cathedral would be a stretch, but it definitely would work. However as others have mentioned their facilities might hold them back as the MIC has some of the best facilities in the state. 

29 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

It's not. It would have happened by now.

But we insist on having a yearly discussion about it to keep the tradition alive. 

It will be within a couple to 3 years. Many excellent sources from AD's to principals have discussed this and it is on the horizon. However, these type of things don't happen in just half a year.

30 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

But we insist on having a yearly discussion about it to keep the tradition alive. 

I used to be of this mind, but there's enough smoke that I think there might be something here. I wouldn't think anything's imminent, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

• Like 1

If we wanted to add another element into this we could discuss the closure of Conference Indiana. This would affect the best 3 central Indiana conferences. Here is my take if this all happened in the future and what would be the best options best off of the schools. (Obviously I know this all would never happen, but I think it is fun to play around with):

HCC- Westfield, Noblesville, Zionsville, Fishers, HSE, Brownsburg, Avon, Carmel, Center Grove.

MIC- Warren Central, North Central, Ben Davis, Pike, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Franklin Central, Southport, Perry Meridian, Decatur Central.

Mid-State- Greenwood, Whiteland, Franklin, Plainfield, Mooresville, Martinsville, Columbus North, Bloomington North, Bloomington South

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I used to be of this mind, but there's enough smoke that I think there might be something here. I wouldn't think anything's imminent, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Well then...looks like in a few years we can legitimately have a discussion about the HCC finally taking over the MIC in football 🤣

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Yeah, let's listen to the guy who threw 6 feet of dirt on top of Brady Allen and Gibson Southern in the 2nd quarter just 7 days ago.

"Gibson Southern won't win.  If they were good, they'd have the lead right now."  Same logic.

As I stated above, Franklin Central and Avon.  Bank on it.  Just a matter of WHEN and not IF.