Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Ill bet the CG Superintendent is giving his principal and athletic director a serious     chewing this morning due to the embarrassment this has caused the school and the community.  Teflon Carmel flies above the radar and gets off easy.  CG takes the PR hit.  

He’s not as gullible as you. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, EasyEJay said:

Just to play Devils Advocate your saying a 16 year old Tennis Player at Avon and his parents would rather him be the 8th best Men's single player competing in the HCC than a Conference Champion in the MIC? 

Good question and I think different people may have different answers.  If it’s about self-improvement and the prospect of playing at the next level, I think you choose the HCC.  If it’s just about trophies and you are going to IU to party in college, then chose the MIC.

• Like 2

This move makes total sense for Carmel and CG!  Period.  Has nothing to do with "culture" aka... race.  It's obvious to see what some of the haters are trying to say here.  Simply not true.  Facts are facts.  Carmel and CG have had numerous events canceled with MIC JV and Frosh teams in various sports.  Whomever threw out those "culturally align" words are afraid of reality... which is their own Athletic departments are simply not as diverse as Carmel and CG's.  Those two needed to branch out for their students.  Period!

Edited by StatQueen
  • Like 1

I'm tired of the Roncalli, CGs, and Carmels of the world getting thrown under the bus like this when it comes to diversity.  These schools represent a diverse pool of student athletes... that is all they are guilty of.  The jealous always lash out when they think they have a narrative that will trash these communities. We on the gridiron should try and put a stop to it.  Enough is Enough!

• Kill me now 1

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

Good question and I think different people may have different answers.  If it’s about self-improvement and the prospect of playing at the next level, I think you choose the HCC.  If it’s just about trophies and you are going to IU to party in college, then chose the MIC.

Was explaining this just last night in talking with my son who plays at Harrison.  He was talking about how Harrison's doing well in the NCC, but I told him that only really helps out in a state like Texas where only the top four teams in a conference or district make post-season.  In a state like Indiana, it's not about making it to the post-season, but moving forward in post season.  We were talking about the MIC move and a potential ripple effect that might even see some realignments in other conferences.  As Harrison moves to 6A, likely next classification, they are going to need to face more than just Westfield, Jeff, and occasionally Kokomo to get to that next level.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Again, how on Earth does a state-funded school go about charging tuition and accessing admission requirements?

There already is one:  https://academy.bsu.edu/

While they don't charge tuition you do have to pay a significant room & board fee.  And admission is relatively selective.

Edited by Muda69

3 hours ago, temptation said:

4.  One MIC source says he's heard Avon and Cathedral have been reached out to.  Another says Lafayette Jeff and Kokomo.

Hell will freeze over before Kokomo voluntarily leaves the NCC.

Edited by Muda69

Let's say the HCC goes ahead and approves both CG & Carmel...and they decide to play a 9 game closed schedule.

How will the MIC programs schedule non-conference games? They'll need 4 non-con games to fill up their schedules. This seems like it'd be a major headache for these 6 programs. 

Do they go after DAC schools, Penn, P/Ps, out of state opponents? 

Just now, MICFan34 said:

Let's say the HCC goes ahead and approves both CG & Carmel...and they decide to play a 9 game closed schedule.

How will the MIC programs schedule non-conference games? They'll need 4 non-con games to fill up their schedules. This seems like it'd be a major headache for these 6 programs. 

They will probably load up on PPs.  Roncalli, Chatard, Cathedral, Brebeuf, Guerin

19 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Since it's apparently not about athletics anymore, MIC shouldn't struggle finding two new replacements so long as they're willing to downgrade. Tech makes the most sense and then adding one of Perry/Southport/Decatur Central does as well. I don't think traveling 3+ hours to play a Duneland or NIC school is conducive to the MIC. 

My sources say there may be some HCC fallout from adding Carmel and Center Grove. Another individual I know speculates that Carmel may have an easier time getting added (natural rivalries) than CG. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Carmel and CG opened the door and dared the MIC to make a move, and the MIC gave them the push they desired.

In the end, this will shake out. It's been a fun run with this group of schools in the MIC. If this would have happened four or five years ago, I would have been shocked, but I came to see the "writing on the wall" over the last couple of years. The rumors became reality.

I wish the folks at Carmel and Center Grove the best. I will especially miss working with Carmel. Jim Inskeep is a first-rate person and class act. Center Grove has always treated me well, too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

4.  One MIC source says he's heard Avon and Cathedral have been reached out to.  Another says Lafayette Jeff and Kokomo.

Take it for what its worth.

Jeff and Harrison probably move as a pair and, to a lesser extent, possibly dragging McCutcheon with them.  There's something to be said about having the equivalent of three home games minimum guaranteed every season before you schedule the rest of the conference.

If Jeff and Harrison leave the NCC for the MIC, Kokomo pretty much ends up in the driver's seat in that conference, so I think there's definitely a counter-reason that presents itself for leaving.  I wonder though about Kokomo taking its shot in the MIC if Jeff/Harrison remain in the NCC.

19 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

I hope the HCC makes it a 7 game regular season and leaves 2 weeks for nonconference. HCC can alternate who plays who each year. Again, this is waiting to see if CG and Carmel are approved (they will be).

15 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

For the HCC you could see 2 five team divisions 4 weeks of your division , 2 non con games ,  2 rotating cross division games and then a conference championship week 9 . 1 plays 1 , 2 plays 2 , so on and so forth . Similar to what the Hoosier Conference does. 

This would help the 6 MIC schools keep non conference games with HCC schools 

1 minute ago, EasyEJay said:

For the HCC you could see 2 five team divisions 4 weeks of your division , 2 non con games ,  2 rotating cross division games and then a conference championship week 9 . 1 plays 1 , 2 plays 2 , so on and so forth . Similar to what the Hoosier Conference does. 

This would help the 6 MIC schools keep non conference games with HCC schools 

The MIC might boycott scheduling CG and Carmel...

13 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I hope the HCC makes it a 7 game regular season and leaves 2 weeks for nonconference. HCC can alternate who plays who each year. Again, this is waiting to see if CG and Carmel are approved (they will be).

I do too, for selfish reasons, as Harrison has had Westfield on its schedule, as a conference or non-conference opponent, since 2001.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Good question and I think different people may have different answers.  If it’s about self-improvement and the prospect of playing at the next level, I think you choose the HCC.  If it’s just about trophies and you are GOING TO IU TO PARTY, then chose the MIC.

Wait a minute,Are you insinuating Indiana University is a party school!????

5 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I do too, for selfish reasons, as Harrison has had Westfield on its schedule, as a conference or non-conference opponent, since 2001.

Years back when Conference Indiana had 10 teams this was their format I believe. And it worked.

Also, would Harrison and Jeff be curious to joining the MIC?

27 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

The MIC might boycott scheduling CG and Carmel...

Which shows their hand...they are tired of getting their teeth kicked in in most sports...

You can't talk about of both sides of your mouth in stating that your conference is about "more than athletics" and "inclusion" while vying to "play the best" and do this with a straight face.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Proposal today, voting in January...

Most common theme is that if principals were to vote as of TODAY neither school would be accepted as there is a lot of push back.

What is the source of your information?

How do we know it is reliable?

Put your cards on the table