Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

Just now, temptation said:

Those "involved."

Very evasive.  I wouldn't put any credence into that.  So basically its non information that has no relevance to the discussion.  Thanks 

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Too much risk for injury.

This is a highly sensitive subject and we need to challenge those who claim to have inside information.  It could all be a hoax for all we know.  

3 minutes ago, HHF said:

Very evasive.  I wouldn't put any credence into that.  So basically its non information that has no relevance to the discussion.  Thanks 

This is a highly sensitive subject and we need to challenge those who claim to have inside information.  It could all be a hoax for all we know.  

Have I ever steered you wrong?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HHF said:

Data?  Don't need data right?  It's common sense ... or so I've been told.

• Thanks 1

Just now, foxbat said:

Data?  Don't need data right?  It's common sense ... or so I've been told.

He claims to know players on the inside who are part of the decision making process.  Big claim.  Id like to know more

19 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Years back when Conference Indiana had 10 teams this was their format I believe. And it worked.

Also, would Harrison and Jeff be curious to joining the MIC?

It would be a move in the right direction, at least for football, for both Harrison and Jeff and could potentially be the only one pending if other conferences shake up over this.  They got booted from the HCC a few years back, so that's not likely an option at this time.

Just now, Irish Line Momma said:

If HCC balks, do you think CG and Carmel have been talking to other public and P/P schools about forming their own conference?

Not sure what P/Ps would join in.  Circle City might invite these two, but I don't necessarily see Circle City folks leaving the CCC to join up in a new Carmel/CG-led conference.  Not sure Cathedral wants a conference although you might have more specific info being closer to the program.  They are doing quite well without one and I hear that the Roncalli thing might be back in the mix on a regular basis.  I imagine Cathedral is probably one of the few teams where being independent provides maybe more options/advantages than being in a conference.  For some of the other non-Catholic or non-Catholic-related programs like HC or Concordia, I don't see them gaining a whole bunch from joining with Carmel and CG.  Covenant Christian is just too small to gain any real benefit.  Did you have some folks in mind?

37 minutes ago, HHF said:

Lol.

I’m going to table this post for future reference.

16 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Not sure what P/Ps would join in.  Circle City might invite these two, but I don't necessarily see Circle City folks leaving the CCC to join up in a new Carmel/CG-led conference.  Not sure Cathedral wants a conference although you might have more specific info being closer to the program.  They are doing quite well without one and I hear that the Roncalli thing might be back in the mix on a regular basis.  I imagine Cathedral is probably one of the few teams where being independent provides maybe more options/advantages than being in a conference.  For some of the other non-Catholic or non-Catholic-related programs like HC or Concordia, I don't see them gaining a whole bunch from joining with Carmel and CG.  Covenant Christian is just too small to gain any real benefit.  Did you have some folks in mind?

Great points, I am just thinking out loud.  Maybe they would enjoy being independent schools or taking a few years to form a new conference?  Just my thoughts. 

10 minutes ago, Irish Line Momma said:

Great points, I am just thinking out loud.  Maybe they would enjoy being independent schools or taking a few years to form a new conference?  Just my thoughts. 

Penciling in a game here and a game there every few years is fairly easy as compared to having to come up with a complete new schedule without a conference affiliation. 

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I do too, for selfish reasons, as Harrison has had Westfield on its schedule, as a conference or non-conference opponent, since 2001.

My understanding Harrison and Westfield are not continuing this match up.

Edited by US31
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Irish Line Momma said:

If HCC balks, do you think CG and Carmel have been talking to other public and P/P schools about forming their own conference?

I could see them picking up games with 1-3 local PPs but I just can’t see a conference.  Add that it would absolutely blow up the Circle City Conference which I don’t think the members there want.  

2 hours ago, HHF said:

What is the source of your information?

How do we know it is reliable?

Put your cards on the table

FWIW, I have informally heard the same things as Temptation on the HCC. My sources are not unimpeachable though. I haven't heard anything directly from the horse's mouth. I'd term it rumor at this point, but...rumor worth watching.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I could see them picking up games with 1-3 local PPs but I just can’t see a conference.  Add that it would absolutely blow up the Circle City Conference which I don’t think the members there want.  

I don't think it would hurt CCC, that stands perfectly on its own. It's a great city conference. 

We've played carmel and cg throughout the years. Great competitive games.