Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

IF both are accepted into the HCC, I can see a closed 9 game schedule initially for 2-3 years, just to spite the MIC so they have to look elsewhere to fill their schedule. 

That assumes, to some extent, that this is an HCC vs. MIC issue as opposed to 6-in-the-MIC vs. two-removed-from-the-MIC.  If it is a MIC vs. HCC issue, then I suspect that was already factored into MIC's remaining schools' decision.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Never thought I would’ve said this 10 years ago but I feel like Carmel and Center Grove are in a position where they need the HCC more than it needs them…especially CG.

In part, that's probably because most would have seen Carmel and CG calling the shots while they were still part of the MIC.  Floating out there without the foundation of a conference provides less leverage.  While the MIC statement might have seemed mean-spirited in the way it was delivered, it gave them the advantage in controlling the narrative and, potentially, inflicting a little damage on the way out the door.  It's starting to definitely look like there was more than just plain old logic involved from the MIC side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxbat said:

In part, that's probably because most would have seen Carmel and CG calling the shots while they were still part of the MIC.  Floating out there without the foundation of a conference provides less leverage.  While the MIC statement might have seemed mean-spirited in the way it was delivered, it gave them the advantage in controlling the narrative and, potentially, inflicting a little damage on the way out the door.  It's starting to definitely look like there was more than just plain old logic involved from the MIC side.

CG and CA disrespected the conference and the other member schools by openly negotiating in the public.  They got what they deserved.

Edited by HHF

It was catty and childish. At the end of the day CG and Carmel are out of the MIC. The MIC vote and especially the press release were on par with middle school mentality. I wonder if DT / HHF wrote it for them. 🤣

Now if Merrillville and Penn are serious about getting better they need to be amending their schedules to fill in the voids. 

Edited by Grover
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

Never thought I would’ve said this 10 years ago but I feel like Carmel and Center Grove are in a position where they need the HCC more than it needs them…especially CG.

Probably so, surprisingly.  

Minimally, I have to think that Franklin Central, Noblesville and Zionsville are quite unexcited about the prospect.  

And by all appearances, rapidly growing Westfield may have been setting itself up to become dominant in the current conference, yet now they have to take a back seat, again.  Can’t imagine that makes them thrilled.

Some interesting GID fodder for a while…but just how long?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Probably so, surprisingly.  

Minimally, I have to think that Franklin Central, Noblesville and Zionsville are quite unexcited about the prospect.  

And by all appearances, rapidly growing Westfield may have been setting itself up to become dominant in the current conference, yet now they have to take a back seat, again.  Can’t imagine that makes them thrilled.

Some interesting GID fodder for a while…but just how long?

At least January.

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

At least January.

Yeah.  If unresolved at that time, then things are going to get REALLY interesting around here.  

Honestly, I admit that speculating what happens if the HCC declines one or both, not that I’d wish it on CG (I’m a long time CG fan from afar) or Carmel, is damned intriguing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

As a parent of a now Carmel grad, I have thoughts on this that I’ll gather and comment in the near future.

For now, I’ll simply say I’m happy that my son was able to learn some great life lessons about people that aren’t like him from the MIC.  

Go ahead Temptation, you obviously have something to say, so come on out and say it.

You and DT really make this board miserable.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

50 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Go ahead Temptation, you obviously have something to say, so come on out and say it.

I probably disagree with your last sentence (though I reserve the right to disagree with both…I generally do disagree with DT as it turns out…though I don’t make an effort to) but I am interested to hear the life lessons your son learned about people that aren’t like him.  

Honestly, that should be one of the goals of High School sports…maybe the most important one.

I learned some of the most enduring life lessons in HS and College sports.  Most often good…but not always.

My sense is that your son learned a lot of things - important ones.  Please share what you think they are.  I honestly believe it’s the most important thing about sports outside of the general idea of competition.

23 hours ago, HHF said:

CG is being publicly accused of being a disloyal member of its conference. That's an ugly accusation, but unfortunately true.   Its a black mark that stains the shine that has emanated from everything that they have accomplished in building that program.  

BTW - I appreciate the tens of thousands of page views you have contributed to my total over the years.  Ive always known you were one of my biggest readers.

The accusation has nothing to do with the fact they wiped the floor with the MIC the last 2 years. Disloyal member or not (more like conference member being drug through the mud because they didn't like the direction of their conference) they still took the MIC and just waxed them the last 2 years. Play on the field matters not bologna media stuff (that we all know you love.

You give yourself way too much credit. Do you own stock in lubricant to help squeeze your head through double doors? Be careful you may float off like a hot air balloon.

MIC Football Championships (1996-2021)

11 Ben Davis 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000*, 2001, 2003, 2012*, 2013*, 2017, 2019*
10 Warren Central 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007*, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2018, 2019*
8 Center Grove 2000*, 2007*, 2008*, 2012*, 2013*, 2015, 2020, 2021
6 Carmel 2000*, 2008*, 2009, 2012*, 2014, 2019*,
1 North Central 2019*
0 Lawrence Central  
0 Lawrence North  
0 Pike

Football State Championships (1996-2021)

Warren Central: 7 (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2013, 2018)

Ben Davis: 5 (1999, 2001, 2002, 2014, 2017)

Carmel: 4 (2007, 2011, 2016, 2019)

Center Grove: 4 (2008, 2015, 2020, 2021) 

Here's a final look back at the MIC Conference Championships & State Championships won for each school since the MIC was created. 

48 minutes ago, Grover said:

Still waiting on @HHFto support his claim. 

Its been in the news for months.  Select GID members leaked inside infoirmation.  You cant let that happen when you are supposedly looking for a new conference home.  CG and CA were arrogant and dumb enough to think that they could do this out in the open with no ramifications. Hopefully they have a both learned a lesson that their hubris has ultimately lessened their collective negotiating strength and weakened their position.

You can paint as rosy picture as you want inside the halls in WRT, but publicly The MIC humiliated both schools and gave them a lesson on correct protocol for this type of situation

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

The accusation has nothing to do with the fact they wiped the floor with the MIC the last 2 years. Disloyal member or not (more like conference member being drug through the mud because they didn't like the direction of their conference) they still took the MIC and just waxed them the last 2 years. Play on the field matters not bologna media stuff (that we all know you love.

You give yourself way too much credit. Do you own stock in lubricant to help squeeze your head through double doors? Be careful you may float off like a hot air balloon.

And your point is?

10 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Thats a little harsh

25 minutes ago, HHF said:

Its been in the news for months.

Link? Monday was the first time I've ever seen Carmel and Center Grove publicly linked to the HCC in any kind of news publication. And that was after they were voted out of the MIC. 

26 minutes ago, HHF said:

Select GID members leaked inside infoirmation.  You cant let that happen when you are supposedly looking for a new conference home.

Are you insinuating the MIC voted out Carmel and Center Grove based on dialogue on an internet message board where 99.9% of the users are anonymous? Perhaps that's why children are running the conference that is now about to fall into large irrelevancy.

28 minutes ago, HHF said:

CG and CA were arrogant and dumb enough to think that they could do this out in the open with no ramifications. Hopefully they have a both learned a lesson that their hubris has ultimately lessened their collective negotiating strength and weakened their position.

Carmel and Center Grove are the two largest and highest athletic profiles in the state. They will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Link? Monday was the first time I've ever seen Carmel and Center Grove publicly linked to the HCC in any kind of news publication. And that was after they were voted out of the MIC. 

Kyle Niedenriep did a full story on it last summer in The Indy Star  Im sure its behind a pay wall   Go find it.

Are you insinuating the MIC voted out Carmel and Center Grove based on dialogue on an internet message board where 99.9% of the users are anonymous? Perhaps that's why children are running the conference that is now about to fall into large irrelevancy.

Ive stated many times that collectively, The GID has a lobbying voice on issues that impact high school football and we are heard and our opinions impact decision making.  The IHSAA, high school admins, ADs and coaches all read The GID.  It has more influence than you might think.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Carmel and Center Grove are the two largest and highest athletic profiles in the state. They will be fine. 

They will, and their reps are tarnished

19 minutes ago, HHF said:

Its been in the news for months.  Select GID members leaked inside infoirmation.  You cant let that happen when you are supposedly looking for a new conference home.  CG and CA were arrogant and dumb enough to think that they could do this out in the open with no ramifications. Hopefully they have a both learned a lesson that their hubris has ultimately lessened their collective negotiating strength and weakened their position.

You can paint as rosy picture as you want inside the halls in WRT, but publicly The MIC humiliated both schools and gave them a lesson on correct protocol for this type of situation

How do you know who leaked what??  You speculate and somehow this makes it truth?  Do you have any source besides a message board?? 😝

You teach someone a lesson by acting like a scorned middle schooler?

If I go back in the archives, would I find any past posts from DT about the HCC becoming the future power conference? Or am I confusing you?  (I may be)