Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

MIC & HCC realignment

33 minutes ago, HHF said:

Its been in the news for months.  Select GID members leaked inside infoirmation.  You cant let that happen when you are supposedly looking for a new conference home.  CG and CA were arrogant and dumb enough to think that they could do this out in the open with no ramifications. Hopefully they have a both learned a lesson that their hubris has ultimately lessened their collective negotiating strength and weakened their position.

You can paint as rosy picture as you want inside the halls in WRT, but publicly The MIC humiliated both schools and gave them a lesson on correct protocol for this type of situation

Nope. You said the schools were public with their negotiation. That is a lie. 

28 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

How do you know who leaked what??  You speculate and somehow this makes it truth?  Do you have any source besides a message board?? 😝

You teach someone a lesson by acting like a scorned middle schooler?

If I go back in the archives, would I find any past posts from DT about the HCC becoming the future power conference? Or am I confusing you?  (I may be)

Two years ago DT ascribed the Center Grove and Carmel's move to the HCC for the EXACT reason it is happening. This is why you can't take anything he says seriously. He doesn't believe a single word he says. It's all for show.

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Two years ago DT ascribed the Center Grove and Carmel's move to the HCC for the EXACT reason it is happening. This is why you can't take anything he says seriously. He doesn't believe a single word he says. It's all for show.

Im not against the move at all.  Dont know where you are coming up with that.  Its the right move for all the reasons I stated previously.

Its the process that I have an issue with.  And The MIC called them out.  Perhaps this is the way it needed to go down.  

CG gets is much deserved gate revenue and better all sports competition. Equals WIN, despite the egg on the face and the tarnished image.

HCC get s a huge brand name to join the conference.  WIN for the HCC

MIC loses its two oversized football heavyweights and immediately realizes improved competitive balance in the conference. And gets to go shopping for some fresh new blood.  WIN for the MIC

Carmel either gets admitted or is forced to go independent.  In my view, either is a WIN for the Hounds. 

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Nope. You said the schools were public with their negotiation. That is a lie. 

Not surprised at all that is how Driven T, DT, HHF works. Throw a story out there to see if it works even if it has to be twisted into a lie (or fit his agenda)

1 hour ago, HHF said:

And your point is?

My point is because you want to make a spin with innuendo or blatant lies. Nothing disputes the fact CG wiped the floor with the MIC winning the MIC conference title (which still stands) the last 2 years. Just because you want to make it more than it is doesn't tarnish it. If anything you're more tarnished with your undermining of the GID than CG or Carmel is with the MIC.

2 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Not surprised at all that is how Driven T, DT, HHF works. Throw a story out there to see if it works even if it has to be twisted into a lie (or fit his agenda)

My point is because you want to make a spin with innuendo or blatant lies. Nothing disputes the fact CG wiped the floor with the MIC winning the MIC conference title (which still stands) the last 2 years. Just because you want to make it more than it is doesn't tarnish it. If anything you're more tarnished with your undermining of the GID than CG or Carmel is with the MIC.

My sense here is that any sympathetic public opinion regarding this situation will fall on the the side of The MIC.  

12 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Go ahead Temptation, you obviously have something to say, so come on out and say it.

You and DT really make this board miserable.

Usually if I view something as "miserable", I eliminate if from my life...but you keep coming back.

Edited by temptation

31 minutes ago, HHF said:

My sense here is that any sympathetic public opinion regarding this situation will fall on the the side of The MIC.  

We'll see what sympathy looks like when the MIC adds Tech and a school like Kokomo all while CG and Carmel are joining the best applicable conference in the state.

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

We'll see what sympathy looks like when the MIC adds Tech and a school like Kokomo all while CG and Carmel are joining the best applicable conference in the state.

Like I said FBK, I think this is a win-win-win for everyone.  The MIC does not care about the "best in the midwest" crap any longer.  They made that crystal clear in their public statement.  They are ceding that mantle to The HCC.  Now the HCC needs to close the deal.  Im looking forward to seeing how the New MIC breaks out.  I hope that Tech is one of the schools selected (and all other IPS drop football) .  I think it would rejuvenate the efforts of IPS to improve their athletic programs and result in some fresh new investments.  I like DC also but they are probably too small.  A wildcard could be Columbus North.  

Edited by HHF

20 minutes ago, HHF said:

Like I said FBK, I think this is a win-win-win for everyone.  The MIC does not care about the "best in the midwest" crap any longer.  They made that crystal clear in their public statement.  They are ceding that mantle to The HCC.  Now the HCC needs to close the deal.  Im looking forward to seeing how the New MIC breaks out.  I hope that Tech is one of the schools selected (and all other IPS drop football) .  I think it would rejuvenate the efforts of IPS to improve their athletic programs and result in some fresh new investments.  I like DC also but they are probably too small.  A wildcard could be Columbus North.  

What is the MIC supposed to say when their two breadwinners are looking to abandon ship? To say the MIC doesn't care about their athletic image is facetious at best. They care, there was just nothing they could do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

What is the MIC supposed to say when their two breadwinners are looking to abandon ship? To say the MIC doesn't care about their athletic image is facetious at best. They care, there was just nothing they could do. 

I think MIC admins saw this as an opportunity to "reset" the core mission and purpose for the conference.  It sounded like CG and CA were not participating in many of the academic initiatives that the conference was pushing.  

I think MIC admins saw this as an opportunity to "reset" the core mission and purpose for the conference.  It sounded like CG and CA were not participating in many of the academic initiatives that the conference was pushing.  

Academic initiatives? Can you clarify?

And what exactly is the core mission and purpose of an athletic conference?

Edited by Footballking16

I dont think you will see dominant BD and WC teams like you have in the past as the MIC moves forward.  Those days are over.  Those teams will likely never see another Top 20 national ranking.  The numbers are there, but the high level individual talent is not.  

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Academic initiatives? Can you clarify?

And what exactly is the core mission and purpose of an athletic conference?

I cant clarify.   Im just reading through the tea leafs, just like everyone else.  MIC admins were very clear however in their assertion that they felt that CG and CA viewed the MIC as an "athletic first" conference, which is not in line with the original charter.  

27 minutes ago, HHF said:

I cant clarify.   Im just reading through the tea leafs, just like everyone else.  MIC admins were very clear however in their assertion that they felt that CG and CA viewed the MIC as an "athletic first" conference, which is not in line with the original charter.  

What ever it was , it was the opinions of several of the MIC schools.

Majority rules

43 minutes ago, HHF said:

I dont think you will see dominant BD and WC teams like you have in the past as the MIC moves forward.  Those days are over.  Those teams will likely never see another Top 20 national ranking.  The numbers are there, but the high level individual talent is not.  

Gimme a break man.  Walk the halls at Ben Davis/Warren Central and tell me that athletics, specifically football is not king.

They are lying to save face and paint CG and Carmel as the bad guys...and you are buying it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Again, if grown-ups were in charge in the MIC at least they would have handled the loss with some grace.  I find it ironic that those administering sports tell the players to accept a loss with grace and class yet act like petulant 8 year olds when things don’t go their way = as demonstrated by that silly rant of a press release.

It just confirms my worst fears as regards who is running our public schools - and public institutions in general.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Again, if grown-ups were in charge in the MIC at least they would have handled the loss with some grace.  I find it ironic that those administering sports tell the players to accept a loss with grace and class yet act like petulant 8 year olds when things don’t go their way = as demonstrated by that silly rant of a press release.

It just confirms my worst fears as regards who is running our public schools - and public institutions in general.  

Correct.

This is nothing more than sour grapes. The MIC can rant and rave however they want, but this is going to hurt their athletic programs in the long run, especially in the two sports they still have a somewhat fighting chance in; football and basketball. With open-enrollment, I wouldn't be shocked to see more and more township kids leave the county to play in a much higher profile conference. Ben Davis and Warren will be hit the hardest in my opinion as if they weren't already. 

57 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Correct.

This is nothing more than sour grapes. The MIC can rant and rave however they want, but this is going to hurt their athletic programs in the long run, especially in the two sports they still have a somewhat fighting chance in; football and basketball. With open-enrollment, I wouldn't be shocked to see more and more township kids leave the county to play in a much higher profile conference. Ben Davis and Warren will be hit the hardest in my opinion as if they weren't already. 

We are starting to agree WAY to often...

• Haha 1

Nevertheless, despite living an hour and a half away from MIC territory, I still find this whole situation intriguing. I have no dog in the fight but, as I mentioned in the Hoosier Hills Conference thread, my gut is telling me there’s a chance ripple effects could find their way down to my part of the state. I’m interested to see how the dominos fall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HHF said:

Hate to break it to ya, but that is why conferences for sports are built. MIC stated that to try and look like they are bigger than athletics. It is just things people say. Athletics is the sole reason for that conference.

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I blame DT.

Keeps serving it up on a platter. 

This is all about semantics.  We just disagree on how this is being perceived by people on the outside.  Thats Ok and frankly very healthy.  

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

Hate to break it to ya, but that is why conferences for sports are built. MIC stated that to try and look like they are bigger than athletics. It is just things people say. Athletics is the sole reason for that conference.

So you are saying the folks behind the MIC public statement have no credibility and are full of BS? 

So you are saying the folks behind the MIC public statement have no credibility and are full of BS? 

I don't know about no credibility, but yes, lost a ton of credibility. And yes it's total BS to claim that the MIC isn't athletically motivated. It's an athletic conference for crying out loud, it's why it exists. 

The MIC didn't want to get caught with their pants at their ankles when Carmel and CG inevitably bolted, so they acted and dressed up a bunch of BS to dance around the fact that Carmel and Center Grove were no longer being challenged athletically in their current conference. I don't want to hear this was an academic move either because Carmel and Center Grove (along with North Central) are by far and away the best academic schools in the MIC. 

• Like 2