Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

We are taking about BEN DAVIS and WARREN CENTRAL.  Two schools near/above 4000 students who eat, sleep, and breathe football and have for 4 decades often at the expense of other sports and programs.

Center Grove and Carmel are sending double figure kids to the next level annually while BD/Warren are sending a handful combined.  

Save the “monster freshman class” nonsense for a couple of years.  So many variables to consider before taking that comment seriously.

Its not hard to see where things are trending and save me the “it’s cyclical” argument.  BD and Warren will continue to compete and dominate “the new MIC” solely based on enrollment advantages. 

As recently as 20-25 years ago, IPS schools were competitive in multiple sports on a state wide level and now they are an afterthought.  Marion County schools have now taken on that moniker in most sports due to simple socioeconomic shifts and urban sprawl.

Money talks and the suburbs have it.  I walk the front lines daily and can tell you that by the time many kids at most Marion County schools reach the practice field at 3pm, they have already fought multiple battles that most suburban kids don’t have to.  It’s a much steeper climb.

Why don’t schools like Warren and BD compete for state titles in sports like golf, tennis and swimming?  Shouldn’t they be able to?  They have 4000 kids!  Are their coaches not trying hard enough?

I encourage anyone to job shadow me and see the trauma that many kids in the city experience on a daily basis.  It’d blow your mind and you have to see it to believe it.

Do some quick research on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.  It’ll do you some good

Can we just sign your comment as the reason for why CG and Carmel are leaving. It's 100% spot on. And I am also someone who deals with Marion County MIC kids on a daily basis as well. 

Edited by MICFan34
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, temptation said:

We are taking about BEN DAVIS and WARREN CENTRAL.  Two schools near/above 4000 students who eat, sleep, and breathe football and have for 4 decades often at the expense of other sports and programs.

Center Grove and Carmel are sending double figure kids to the next level annually while BD/Warren are sending a handful combined.  

Save the “monster freshman class” nonsense for a couple of years.  So many variables to consider before taking that comment seriously.

Its not hard to see where things are trending and save me the “it’s cyclical” argument.  BD and Warren will continue to compete and dominate “the new MIC” solely based on enrollment advantages. 

As recently as 20-25 years ago, IPS schools were competitive in multiple sports on a state wide level and now they are an afterthought.  Marion County schools have now taken on that moniker in most sports due to simple socioeconomic shifts and urban sprawl.

Money talks and the suburbs have it.  I walk the front lines daily and can tell you that by the time many kids at most Marion County schools reach the practice field at 3pm, they have already fought multiple battles that most suburban kids don’t have to.  It’s a much steeper climb.

Why don’t schools like Warren and BD compete for state titles in sports like golf, tennis and swimming?  Shouldn’t they be able to?  They have 4000 kids!  Are their coaches not trying hard enough?

I encourage anyone to job shadow me and see the trauma that many kids in the city experience on a daily basis.  It’d blow your mind and you have to see it to believe it.

Do some quick research on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.  It’ll do you some good.

Not hard to figure out, the particularly in the money making sports. The power shift from metro schools to township schools, and now to the suburban schools. Many reasons for it, but it always boils down to two factors, numbers and socioeconomic. 

19 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not hard to figure out, the particularly in the money making sports. The power shift from metro schools to township schools, and now to the suburban schools. Many reasons for it, but it always boils down to two factors, numbers and socioeconomic. 

Preach.

12 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Conferences are a confederation of schools. The IHSAA has no role in the creation of or regulation of conferences. Plus, almost every school in the HCC or the MIC is in either one of the two largest football classes and the largest class in other classed sports. Why use what's happening between these two leagues as an excuse to breakdown the rest of the state's conferences? You think a team of mostly Class A schools cares about the MIC or HCC?

Once Zionsville permanently moves up to 6A (which it will likely do in the next realignment) and assuming Carmel/CG get accepted into the HCC, *half* of 6A will be the MIC and HCC. It's somewhat unavoidable to have single-conference sectional fields. That encompasses every 6A school south of Hamilton County's northern border except Tech, Southport, Perry Meridian and Columbus North (and geography dictates Southport, PM, CN and CG will likely be a sectional unless someone else in southern Indiana moves up). 

12 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

LOL. Ben Davis is about to have more pros in the league than it's ever had before at the same time, dude. Gosh, you really should pay attention.

Trolls don't "pay attention." They make wild predictions and ridiculous assertions in the name of "creating content." 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Trolls don't "pay attention." They make wild predictions and ridiculous assertions in the name of "creating content." 

Hmmmm…..wild…..ridiculous….trolls. First I’ve heard about all of this. Good point, glad you pointed it out.  This has to stop!  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Yet Brownsburg had a few more players in those rankings and still lost, albeit with a "month to prep". WC has a monster freshman class coming in and they'll be top dogs soon enough in the new MIC. 

WC, BD, LC (Mickens, plus others), and LN(just sent three to FBS programs), will be just fine. Even Pike and NC are sending players to higher levels in the '23 class. 

Can we stop with the "MIC is dead" narrative. They'll still be high caliber players and programs in the conference and they'll battle with the same programs they've battled with the past 25 years.

We have no idea what the next 20 years will look like, the projections and guesses crack me up. 

Well stated...I have watched tremendous athletes come out of the MIC for years and do great things at the next level.  It was a huge source of pride to have my kids compete in the MIC.  I have no doubt about the next generation of great MIC athletes in football among other sports.

I'll always be a MIC fan...while I cheered for "my team" when they played, I love cheering on the MIC and all Indy metro players at the next level.  I know change is a part of life, and I understand revenue and focus on all sports instead of my favorite is the driving force, but will miss the rivalries.  As I mentioned in an earlier post about CG's 2 year run, the Trojans have played BD and WC four and three times respectively in the last 2 seasons.  Those are rivalries that won't be the same.  That bums me out.

Indy Metro needs their conferences to prosper....I have no doubt they will.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Well stated...I have watched tremendous athletes come out of the MIC for years and do great things at the next level.  It was a huge source of pride to have my kids compete in the MIC.  I have no doubt about the next generation of great MIC athletes in football among other sports.

I'll always be a MIC fan...while I cheered for "my team" when they played, I love cheering on the MIC and all Indy metro players at the next level.  I know change is a part of life, and I understand revenue and focus on all sports instead of my favorite is the driving force, but will miss the rivalries.  As I mentioned in an earlier post about CG's 2 year run, the Trojans have played BD and WC four and three times respectively in the last 2 seasons.  Those are rivalries that won't be the same.  That bums me out.

Indy Metro needs their conferences to prosper....I have no doubt they will.

Albeit lopsided, it still is amazing to me that BD and CG have played each other 6 times in 3 years, with half of those games coming in Semi-State. No matter happens with the HCC, I still hope to see Warren and BD play against CG and Carmel in the regular season. I think to all 4 of those communities, those games still massively resonate. Even if no regular season match-ups, these games will be a blast to attend during the tournament. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Albeit lopsided, it still is amazing to me that BD and CG have played each other 6 times in 3 years, with half of those games coming in Semi-State. No matter happens with the HCC, I still hope to see Warren and BD play against CG and Carmel in the regular season. I think to all 4 of those communities, those games still massively resonate. Even if no regular season match-ups, these games will be a blast to attend during the tournament. 

Agreed!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

I agree but it will be interesting to see how hurt the MIC's feelings are.  Also, if they do continue to play one another in a home and home series, does that dispel the rumor that the shooting at BD played any role whatsoever in this decision?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 4:51 AM, WestfieldRocks said:

One thing that I have not seen discussed here is possible scheduling of this new 10 team HCC. In the beginning, it was nine teams, with the current teams minus Franklin Central plus Lafayette Harrison and McCutcheon. Then Lafayette Jeff was added, making it a 10 team league. The football coaches and ADs never liked the fact that playing the other 9 teams meant no non conference games. That, plus the travel involved, eventually ended in the three Lafayette schools out. If that same thinking holds true today, the HCC, if it goes back to 10 schools, would have to either go back to playing no non conference games, or perhaps forming two divisions, five teams each, playing the other four division teams plus a couple from the other division, with the two division winners playing in week 9. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Interesting. I assume if the HCC chose to go this route, the North Division would be the Hamilton County schools: Carmel, Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Noblesville and Westfield. The South would be Avon, Brownsburg, Center Grove, Franklin Central and Zionsville.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Voting will be soon. Have not heard much more from which way the votes will go. I would assume nothing much has changed since before Christmas. I would guess Carmel & CG are starting to get nervous.

Hearing “the vote” is late next week.

2 minutes ago, US31 said:

I haven't heard what the vote count was yet....any rumors?

I predict the next two years will result in some shaking up of multiple Indy Metro conferences.

No, but it wasn’t particularly close based on what I’ve heard.

Edited by temptation

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

No, but it wasn’t particularly close based on what I’ve heard.

I don’t agree with you on much, but it’s safe to say Carmel won’t gain much in terms of revenue at the gate for football if they’re bringing in out of state programs nearly every week.

It is safe to assume that Cathedral is a strong possibility of an addition to the schedule, though outside of this addition, seems to me we’ll be watching many out of state teams and their tens of fans.