Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC & HCC realignment

1 minute ago, temptation said:

No, but you boasted about them being the "king pins of the MIC.  Not a big deal to either program and whomever is added will be immediate underdogs to both programs for the forseeable future.

You sound like Mr Obvious this morning.  You are usually much sharper than this.  

16 hours ago, US31 said:

There are plenty of HCC schools that would be happy to add Carmel as a non-conference game.  Thats a totally different issue than why they weren't allowed into the conference.

"If" Carmel stays independent...I predict you could see them playing 4-5 HCC schools a year in football.

Why would they play them? Voted no against.

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Did I miss somewhere where current MIC schools (who will also now have more openings in their schedule) have announced a refusal to play Carmel/CG in non-conference competition?

If not, why is this not being discussed?

From what I have learned, CG and Carmel will probably not play MIC schools. MIC made those 2 schools look bad and sound bad. I would not play them.

However, I also know from the football side of things that a couple of the big MIC schools left that they are wanting CG and Carmel back or at least have them on schedule. The football programs do not want them gone. And a potential new conference from 1 or 2 of the HCC schools, Carmel, CG, a couple MIC schools, and a possible Cathedral could be on the horizon. 

Lots of info though, but I assure you that is a real possibility.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Center Grove would be better off scrimmaging themselves six times a season before joining Conference Indiana. Roncalli, Franklin Central, and Whiteland are solid south side schools that make sense from a scheduling standpoint.

Roncalli has turned down playing the Trojans in the past. And I have heard they do not plan to in the future. 

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Would like to see the financials surrounding this agreement with the ISC Network.  Has Carmel become the U. of Texas of the the state of Indiana?

No.  But they are starting to look like a mini IMG given this new direction  Maybe we will see Kevin Wright back behind the controls in the future

7 minutes ago, HHF said:

No.  But they are starting to look like a mini IMG given this new direction  Maybe we will see Kevin Wright back behind the controls in the future

Will you subscribe to the Greyhound Network?  I may, depending on the cost.

• Disdain 1

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Well can't say I'm totally surprised. Roncalli and ducking competition have become synonymous with one another over the years. 

Now that’s a truly bitter rivalry: smack talking in the off season.

FWIW, Roncalli’s schedule was ranked 19th most difficult in the state last year according to Sagarin. That was, by far, the toughest schedule in 4A, and tougher than all but 3 schedules in 5A, and it doesn’t even count their game against Cincinnati Elder, a playoff team in Ohio’s biggest class.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Why would they play them? Voted no against.

So you think Carmel is going to say "we won't play non-con against HCC schools" as a grudge?

Or do you think HCC schools won't schedule them because they didn't get into the conference?

I strongly disagree with both....but am confused about your premise.  

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Now that’s a truly bitter rivalry: smack talking in the off season.

FWIW, Roncalli’s schedule was ranked 19th most difficult in the state last year according to Sagarin. That was, by far, the toughest schedule in 4A, and tougher than all but 3 schedules in 5A, and it doesn’t even count their game against Cincinnati Elder, a playoff team in Ohio’s biggest class.

My comment is due to the fact that Roncalli will no longer schedule Cathedral and Center Grove who they used to play and beat regularly. Once they started losing they took their ball and went home. 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Will you subscribe to the Greyhound Network?  I may, depending on the cost.

No  

Admire Carmel, but not a fan.  I may purchase a PPV however to watch a specific game

Carmel vs St Eds

Carmel vs CG

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Would like to see the financials surrounding this agreement with the ISC Network.  Has Carmel become the U. of Texas of the the state of Indiana?

Yeah, I don't know if it's a streaming deal for their stuff or if it's like the NBC/Notre Dame thing. ISC works with many schools.

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Doubt it. John Hebert's been very good. Carmel doesn't replace coaches often.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

My comment is due to the fact that Roncalli will no longer schedule Cathedral and Center Grove who they used to play and beat regularly. Once they started losing they took their ball and went home. 

In the days of The Horde that would have been good for about 5 pages.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, US31 said:

So you think Carmel is going to say "we won't play non-con against HCC schools" as a grudge?

Or do you think HCC schools won't schedule them because they didn't get into the conference?

I strongly disagree with both....but am confused about your premise.  

If I were Carmel I would not want to schedule them with them voting against to allow them in. Obviously Carmel will need to find opponents though so I am sure they will continue to schedule.

I am a MIC guy and will miss having Carmel and CG. However, I think it is completely weak minded of the HCC voters to not allow those schools in. HCC has large schools with lots of money and good communities and they don't want Carmel and CG in? Just crazy thinking. They play them in most sports anyway. I think it is very weak!!

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

If I were Carmel I would not want to schedule them with them voting against to allow them in. Obviously Carmel will need to find opponents though so I am sure they will continue to schedule.

I am a MIC guy and will miss having Carmel and CG. However, I think it is completely weak minded of the HCC voters to not allow those schools in. HCC has large schools with lots of money and good communities and they don't want Carmel and CG in? Just crazy thinking. They play them in most sports anyway. I think it is very weak!!

Obviously this is a football centric board, but people are aware that football is very, very far away from the issues that drove this outcome, aren’t they?  

If football was the only parameter I think CG and Carmel are unanimously accepted.  From everyone I’ve talked to this was driven by the impact adding Carmel to the conference championship mix in non revenue sports.  Especially those that already see Carmel in sectionals.  I understand that argument.  I think a lot of people do, even if they feel Carmel and CG should have been admitted.

I wasn’t in the meeting.  I don’t vote.  But I’ve had conversations with coaches at multiple schools, and a couple administrators.  ALL of them mention this as the big issue.  

My 2 cents, likely worth about that much🤣

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Both schools will have the last laugh winning the 6A title as an independent instead of the HCC. How much gate revenue are HCC members potentially missing out on not including the two most prolific and visible athletic profiles in the state? 

Pretty wild that the three best football programs in the state now have no conference affiliation. Wonder if this will spark a new trend going forward?

The HCC brings in plenty of revenue as it is. Even the smallest school, Zionsville, with about 2,200 enrollment, packs them in for home football games. I have driven by the Carmel stadium which is right off of Keystone and seen plenty of empty seats for their home football games. The HCC is big enough now that they don't really need other schools to boost their attendance.

50 minutes ago, US31 said:

Obviously this is a football centric board, but people are aware that football is very, very far away from the issues that drove this outcome, aren’t they?  

If football was the only parameter I think CG and Carmel are unanimously accepted.  From everyone I’ve talked to this was driven by the impact adding Carmel to the conference championship mix in non revenue sports.  Especially those that already see Carmel in sectionals.  I understand that argument.  I think a lot of people do, even if they feel Carmel and CG should have been admitted.

I wasn’t in the meeting.  I don’t vote.  But I’ve had conversations with coaches at multiple schools, and a couple administrators.  ALL of them mention this as the big issue.  

My 2 cents, likely worth about that much🤣

I totally agree.. Back when Carmel and CG were booted out of the MIC, someone on this board posted that these two schools combined to win almost all of the MIC titles in both boys and girls sports in the last full school year. I''m sure that was a big influence in this decision. 

3 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Obviously Carmel will need to find opponents though so I am sure they will continue to schedule.

They shouldn't have any problems finding a quality opponent in weeks 1 & 2. Snider, Homestead, Carroll, and Dwenger would gladly accept that challenge. 

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

They shouldn't have any problems finding a quality opponent in weeks 1 & 2. Snider, Homestead, Carroll, and Dwenger would gladly accept that challenge. 

Those matchups are last resorts…true nothing to gain/everything to lose propositions for Carmel.