Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

MIC & HCC realignment


Recommended Posts

Did I miss somewhere where current MIC schools (who will also now have more openings in their schedule) have announced a refusal to play Carmel/CG in non-conference competition?

If not, why is this not being discussed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral to my knowledge is still under contract and I assume Carmel and Center Grove anticipate their rivalry continuing. Decatur has been the Trojans second week opponent the last few so there’s six right there. Center Grove is arguably the hottest commodity in the Midwest right now, zero reason to think they’d struggle adding a couple out of state opponents.

I was referring more to in state competition

Its possible that we may have just witnessed a generation team come thru at CG and the program may drift back to a more normal W-L pattern in the next wave, which most  likely will occur under a new staff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HHF said:

I was referring more to in state competition

Its possible that we may have just witnessed a generation team come thru at CG and the program may drift back to a more normal W-L pattern in the next wave, which most  likely will occur under a new staff

Far fetched.  Too much affluence and community support to let that happen.

CG is here to stay and while I’m not predicting a decade of dominance, they’ll be in the state title discussion annually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, temptation said:

Far fetched.  Too much affluence and community support to let that happen.

CG is here to stay and while I’m not predicting a decade of dominance, they’ll be in the state title discussion annually.

Tayven Jackson transformed the way that team played offensive football.  He is an SEC recruit and it is highly doubtful that CG has another Jackson in the wings ready to step in.  They will be more predictable on offense and revert back to the wing t as long as Coach Moore sticks around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HHF said:

Tayven Jackson transformed the way that team played offensive football.  He is an SEC recruit and it is highly doubtful that CG has another Jackson in the wings ready to step in.  They will be more predictable on offense and revert back to the wing t as long as Coach Moore sticks around. 

While the Marion County schools slowly continue to slip into irrelevance.

They were wildly successful before Jackson and will continue to be so after his departure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, temptation said:

While the Marion County schools slowly continue to slip into irrelevance.

They were wildly successful before Jackson and will continue to be so after his departure.

I agree.  But not 28-0 successful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HHF said:

I agree.  But not 28-0 successful

All of the great Indiana programs that lost hall of fame coaches go through a down period , sometimes extended.

Hobart fell apart after losing Don Howell.

Jasper slipped after Coach Brewer retired.

Heritage Hills did the same after Clayton stepped down.

Ben Davis after Dullaghan

Franklin Central after Chuck Stephens

Roncalli after Scifres

 

It will happen to CG as well  They will not be able to sustain the culture that Coach Moore built into the DNA of that program.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral to my knowledge is still under contract and I assume Carmel and Center Grove anticipate their rivalry continuing. Decatur has been the Trojans second week opponent the last few so there’s six right there. Center Grove is arguably the hottest commodity in the Midwest right now, zero reason to think they’d struggle adding a couple out of state opponents.

Is the Cathedral/Jeff game next year a one-off, home-and-home, or possibly something longer?

33 minutes ago, temptation said:

Did I miss somewhere where current MIC schools (who will also now have more openings in their schedule) have announced a refusal to play Carmel/CG in non-conference competition?

If not, why is this not being discussed?

Carmel's still showing three of the MIC on their schedule.  I'm not sure, given the way the break-up occurred, that will last much longer. 

image.png.7230ee9f3f2220a98b87cec3227391c2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Is the Cathedral/Jeff game next year a one-off, home-and-home, or possibly something longer?

Carmel's still showing three of the MIC on their schedule.  I'm not sure, given the way the break-up occurred, that will last much longer. 

image.png.7230ee9f3f2220a98b87cec3227391c2.png

If that’s the case, then selfish adults with hurt feelings don’t really have the best interest of student athletes in mind and it’s all talk.

Not being conference partners is one thing but if you don’t think potential WC/BD (just using them as examples) regular season matchups with Carmel/CG is best from a competitive/tournament preparation standpoint then you are kidding yourself.

Not saying this is the case but I think “the breakup” is much more about adults getting in their feelings and making emotional decisions than it is some statement about Carmel and Center Grove.

32 minutes ago, HHF said:

All of the great Indiana programs that lost hall of fame coaches go through a down period , sometimes extended.

Hobart fell apart after losing Don Howell.

Jasper slipped after Coach Brewer retired.

Heritage Hills did the same after Clayton stepped down.

Ben Davis after Dullaghan

Franklin Central after Chuck Stephens

Roncalli after Scifres

 

It will happen to CG as well  They will not be able to sustain the culture that Coach Moore built into the DNA of that program.  

But CG has room “to slip”.  Their “step back” will more so bring other teams into the picture more so than it put CG in those team’s rear view mirrors.

I know it’s only two years but they haven’t just been winning contests, they’ve been dominating them in most cases.

Let’s also not sit here and pretend that Ben Davis and Warren Central have been the models of consistency from a coaching standpoint.  They have been revolving doors for the last decade plus.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HHF said:

I agree.  But not 28-0 successful

Take out the last two seasons and we won the south three of the previous five seasons.  We won't continue at the level of the last two seasons but nobody will weep for us.  And Coach Moore isn't going anywhere yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, temptation said:

If that’s the case, then selfish adults with hurt feelings don’t really have the best interest of student athletes in mind and it’s all talk.

Not being conference partners is one thing but if you don’t think potential WC/BD (just using them as examples) regular season matchups with Carmel/CG is best from a competitive/tournament preparation standpoint then you are kidding yourself.

Not saying this is the case but I think “the breakup” is much more about adults getting in their feelings and making emotional decisions than it is some statement about Carmel and Center Grove.

But CG has room “to slip”.  Their “step back” will more so bring other teams into the picture more so than it put CG in those team’s rear view mirrors.

I know it’s only two years but they haven’t just been winning contests, they’ve been dominating them in most cases.

Let’s also not sit here and pretend that Ben Davis and Warren Central have been the models of consistency from a coaching standpoint.  They have been revolving doors for the last decade plus.

What is the relevance of this comment with regards to this conversation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grover said:

Take out the last two seasons and we won the south three of the previous five seasons.  We won't continue at the level of the last two seasons but nobody will weep for us.  And Coach Moore isn't going anywhere yet.

Coach's health will determine how long he sticks around.

I hope he doesn't wear himself out and he leaves some healthy years ahead to enjoy the spoil's of his hard labor.  He's earned it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Grover said:

Not from people who matter.

There is talk about it every year.  People are allowed to speculate Grover.  Coach came close to walking away 3 years ago during the player abuse incident.  He has had health issues and is taking it year to year and proceeding on the advice of his doctors.  Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HHF said:

What is the relevance of this comment with regards to this conversation?

Because it seems like you are insinuating that CG’s coaching change (which you seem to be dreaming about) is going to contribute to their demise while ignoring that their two biggest rivals not named Carmel have also had years where they have been shells of their former selves and have adults walking out the door every 4-6 years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HHF said:

There is talk about it every year.  People are allowed to speculate Grover.  Coach came close to walking away 3 years ago during the player abuse incident.  He has had health issues and is taking it year to year and proceeding on the advice of his doctors.  Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Thanks HHF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Because it seems like you are insinuating that CG’s coaching change (which you seem to be dreaming about) is going to contribute to their demise while ignoring that their two biggest rivals not named Carmel have also had years where they have been shells of their former selves and have adults walking out the door every 4-6 years.

Noted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

I give Kirschner 3/4 more years at Warren max and still have tons of questions about Simmons.

Hell, all three programs could be hitting reset at the same time.

WC and BD will return to their prior status as kingpins of the MIC in football.  They still have better football athletes than the other conference schools and more of them.  Doesn't matter who coaches them as long as it is not a colossal coaching mis hire.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it interesting that the same people that worry and complain about the lack of competition within 6A, are the same people worried about the demise of the current highly successful programs in 6A. 
 

Irony?  
 

Maybe time for new hobby considerations??

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, HHF said:

WC and BD will return to their prior status as kingpins of the MIC in football.  They still have better football athletes than the other conference schools and more of them.  Doesn't matter who coaches them as long as it is not a colossal coaching mis hire.

 

Correct, but WC and BD don't measure their success on conference titles.  It's state titles or bust for those programs from day 1 of summer conditioning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Correct, but WC and BD don't measure their success on conference titles.  It's state titles or bust for those programs from day 1 of summer conditioning.

Is that some new revelation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...