Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC 2022

3 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Moser is a good back for Bremen. Reece Greene should step in at QB. The Graverson kid showed promise at WR.  Bremen however loses almost the entire o-line, look for Bremen to take a step back and finish in the bottom half of the division. I am guess 3 or 4 wins max.

This year should definately have been their year

3 hours ago, Rocket said:

NP is losing most of its o-line but are returning 2 good running backs and QB. Defensively only a few losses and returning some studs. I look for them to replicate the success they had this year.

Pretty much agree with this. Lost quite a bit in the non-glamorous positions but return enough studs around the field that they should be challenging for trophies again. I think Fronk will be a huge loss; kid was a just a gamer all over the field, not to mention arguably NPs best kicker/punter ever. I know it sounds crazy from the outside but even after an 11-3 season I still have some questions regarding coaching. The lack of deception among other things (specifically offensively) all season long finally caught up and cost the Cougars a trip to Lucas Oil. I know I'm not the only person to feel this way...

13 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Here is the link to the article about Coach Kinzie at Riley. Seems like a good dude, hopefully he stays in coaching in some aspect. 

South Bend Riley

Appreciate it. Wish nothing but the best for the kids on the South Side. We were especially hard hit by Covid (lost 3 games this year, had roster issues all season, and didn't have access to a weight room or a locker room for over a year), but my staff managed to put together a great freshmen (~20 kids) and sophomore (~28 kids) class, and we built a really strong connection with our feeder system down at Jackson. I hope they find the right guy to keep the program moving in the right direction, and I'm not just talking about the W-L record.

• Like 1

Bryon Whitten has stepped down as head football coach at Saint Joseph High School.
He was 23-45 in 6 seasons but did lead St. Joe to the sectional final this year.
We appreciate all the hospitality Coach Whitten has provided Redeemer Radio & our interns over the years and him the best.
Whitten will remain on faculty in the social studies department.
“We are grateful for Coach Whitten’s service to the football program and to our student athletes,” Principal John Kennedy said. “For six years, he led the program with integrity and a commitment to the values of Saint Joseph High School.”
St. Joe now begins the search for a new head coach.
“We understand the importance of the search and we are committed to continuing the great tradition of Saint Joseph football,” Kennedy said.

36 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

So, there are 3 openings in the NIC.

January could be an interesting month for 3 programs.

That was just what i have been thinking.... wonder if any more will come out they are leaving as well.... NIC will have a little bit of new look potentially if programs hire outside their current staff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 7:25 AM, MarshallCounty said:

Here is the link to the article about Coach Kinzie at Riley. Seems like a good dude, hopefully he stays in coaching in some aspect. 

South Bend Riley

Read on Twitter last night where he's going to be an assistant coach Niles HS. Think it was from Chuck Freebe FWIW

2 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Read on Twitter last night where he's going to be an assistant coach Niles HS. Think it was from Chuck Freebe FWIW

Can confirm. The Tribune already reported it, but the teaching and coaching resignations weren't officially posted on the SBCSC School Board agenda minutes until 1/10/22.

• 2 weeks later...