Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC 2022

5 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

A highly regarded coach also just took over a struggling Goshen program, he built Northridge into a respectable program in short time.  He even took Wawasee to new heights before coming to Northridge. 

There's no doubt that Mishawaka is a great football program (i believe they finished 3rd in the NLC this year), but as mentioned on here, the conference isn't just about 1 sport.

I think New Prairie would also be a great fit for an expanded NLC with 2 divisions, but that's probably about as likely as Warsaw leaving for the SAC.

As long as Warsaw is content with winning conference championships and making an occasional run to the Regional, the NLC is the best place to call home.

On 1/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, Wedgebuster said:

It seems like Mishawaka will always have a punchers chance at a conference title in the NLC, even in a "down" year for the cavemen where they might lose to Marian and Elkhart in Non-Conference games but then still be a factor in the NLC race.  Not sure if they would view the NIC the same way. 

With Justin Fisher Mishawaka would have been the best team in the NIC this past season.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:19 PM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

FYI - Justin was offered a preferred walk on spot at Notre Dame today or yesterday I believe. 

I saw that on Twitter - awesome opportunity for him. Selfishly (as a former small college player and coach) I would love to see him go to a NAIA or D2 level school. I think he could be an absolute STUD for any of those schools, but also would be hard pressed to turn down playing for the Golden Domers in your backyards while getting that ND education (he's a phenomenal student from per all accounts).

• 1 month later...

Well St Joe will be visiting Mishawaka this fall in week # 2.  Northridge dropped SJ for Elkhart and Mishawaka had an open where Penn should come on in 2023.

There have been some good games with these 2 in the past.  See how this one plays out

On 3/1/2022 at 9:13 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Well St Joe will be visiting Mishawaka this fall in week # 2.  Northridge dropped SJ for Elkhart and Mishawaka had an open where Penn should come on in 2023.

There have been some good games with these 2 in the past.  See how this one plays out

I think Mishawaka will be pretty good for the next few seasons. The younger Fisher will handle that offense very well. 

4 hours ago, Rocket said:

WHME reports Josh Shattuck is leaving as Elkhart’s coach.

Wow.  Coach Sattuck IMO is a great coach, who brought to our crew, an understanding that each play is an individual thing.  By saying that, I mean that he was able to immediately construct what happened, and move on to the next.  An absolute pleasure to work with at Elkhart Central and Elkhart HS.

I don't know his future plans, but I hope to see him again within Indiana HS Football.   He is a wonderful young man and educator! 

Edited by Yuccaguy

2 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Wow.  Coach Sattuck IMO is a great coach, who brought to our crew, an understanding that each play is an individual thing.  By saying that, I mean that he was able to immediately construct what happened, and move on to the next.  An absolute pleasure to work with at Elkhart Central and Elkhart HS.

I don't know his future plans, but I hope to see him again within Indiana HS Football.   He is a wonderful young man and educator! 

He sure seems like it. Wish him nothing but the best. 

11 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Heard he's moving to Michigan, and he and his wife have the opportunity of a lifetime.  We're sure gonna miss him here in Elkhart County that's for sure. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Heard he's moving to Michigan, and he and his wife have the opportunity of a lifetime.  We're sure gonna miss him here in Elkhart County that's for sure. 

Was told by a friend that he is the new coach at pike! He interviewed there a few times. And a lady confirmed that she was on panel last night on Facebook and he was there choice. So he going to pike I think. 

4 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Was told by a friend that he is the new coach at pike! He interviewed there a few times. And a lady confirmed that she was on panel last night on Facebook and he was there choice. So he going to pike I think. 

I heard he was one of the top choices at Pike. 

9 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And this is why the GID wants citation, not rumors. Here's what we know so far: 

https://wsbt.com/sports/friday-night-football-fever/josh-shattuck-steps-down-at-elkhart

He stepped down.

Thank you captain obvious.

Don't think anyone said he didn't step down.

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And this is why the GID wants citation, not rumors. Here's what we know so far: 

https://wsbt.com/sports/friday-night-football-fever/josh-shattuck-steps-down-at-elkhart

He stepped down.

Wow.  Groundbreaking reporting.  You could also just look at his twitter feed and get it DIRECTLY from him.  

• Like 1
  • Sit and spin 1