Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

UIndy snags 2 studs

52 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Heltsey passing on Air Force for a D2 school says something.  Military is not for everyone, regardless of the degree value.  As a Greyhound alum (grad school) thrilled for the UIndy program to have these guys.

I’m not sure the military part is true.  Rory could very well be interested in joining the military. Plenty of factors that go into making a decision.

like the fact that they have had only 1 2000 yard passing season….and it was in 1970…lol.  Phenomenal school for many things and for many reasons…but a very tough sell to WRs and QBs knowing the team will be bottom 5 in passing yards every year.  

22 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not sure the military part is true.  Rory could very well be interested in joining the military. Plenty of factors that go into making a decision.

like the fact that they have had only 1 2000 yard passing season….and it was in 1970…lol.  Phenomenal school for many things and for many reasons…but a very tough sell to WRs and QBs knowing the team will be bottom 5 in passing yards every year.  

I didn't mean it negatively....Academies are amazing, but a very different college experience.  Not for everyone.

I see wanting to get his hands on the ball....but unless one is going pro....good to think about an education that is valued at $70K/year.  Now, it has to be paid back with 5 years of military service....that's not for everyone.  Also, Colorado Springs...while beautiful...is a long way from home.

Regardless, I can only assume he made the best decision for him.  Passing on playing in the Mountain West conference....and going to the venues of the teams the AFA plays had to be a tough choice.  

17 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I didn't mean it negatively....Academies are amazing, but a very different college experience.  Not for everyone.

I see wanting to get his hands on the ball....but unless one is going pro....good to think about an education that is valued at $70K/year.  Now, it has to be paid back with 5 years of military service....that's not for everyone.  Also, Colorado Springs...while beautiful...is a long way from home.

Regardless, I can only assume he made the best decision for him.  Passing on playing in the Mountain West conference....and going to the venues of the teams the AFA plays had to be a tough choice.  

It seems IUPUI and UIndy have a joint ROTC program, so that would be an option ... as would just going to OCS after earning a four year degree. The connection at most military academies, let alone the academies, open so, so,  so many doors in different careers. Much respect to those who manage ROTC, athletics, and the books. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

UIndy is in a great position, IMO. Now that St Joseph is gone, they are the only D2 school in the state. 

Unlike the FBS and FCS schools, they can give partial scholarships. Big advantage IMO. 

Marian becomes their stiffest competition for recruiting. Knights are 2-0 vs the Hounds as well...