Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Blackford scoring phenom Luke Brown days away from college debut with Ball State

Muda69

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/12/13/ball-state-basketball-transfer-luke-brown-wins-eligibility-ncaa-bsu-blackford-indiana/6479088001/

(Note: Story is behind a paywall)

This is about to happen in Muncie, so Muncie had better get ready. Luke Brown is about to happen, I mean – and soon. The Ball State basketball program received good news over the weekend from the NCAA, which approved the school’s request for eligibility after the first semester ends. Seeing as how the semester ends next week…

Luke Brown, one of the most prolific scorers in Indiana high school basketball history, is about to make his college basketball debut, and he’ll make it for Ball State.

After scoring 3,011 points from 2017-21 at Blackford, fourth on the state’s all-time boys scoring chart, Brown signed with Stetson. He entered the transfer portal shortly after moving to DeLand, Fla. – more on that in a minute – and signed with Ball State in late October.

While sitting out the fall semester, working out independently as only Luke Brown can do – more on that in a minute, too – Brown was getting antsy while awaiting the NCAA’s decision.

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be," Brown was telling me this weekend. "I’ve been working out so much – before I went to Stetson, on my grind, trying to get ready for that. Once I got there, I just wanted to keep working. Then I was in a spot where I’m trying to work really hard to be ready for Ball State. I’ve been on this continuous grind for four or five months, and I’m at the point where I just want to play.

“I’m ready. I’ve never been more ready.”

He’s ready. Are you, Muncie?

Great news for young Mr. Brown.  I wish him all the best in Cardinal uniform.