Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Curry to the OSU.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Any Indiana Mr. Football candidate who chooses to play at an out of state college/university should automatically be disqualified for winning this prestigious award.  

Same goes for Mr. and Ms. Basketball.

Because choice and opportunities of a lifetime are terrible things 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Any Indiana Mr. Football candidate who chooses to play at an out of state college/university should automatically be disqualified for winning this prestigious award.  

Same goes for Mr. and Ms. Basketball.

A kid good enough to play at OSU or Alabama should be excluded from the award that "supposedly" crowns the state's best player? And you wonder why so many people think the award is a joke to begin with. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

How would exclusion from an award prevent these? Do you honestly think someone would change their choice of school or opportunity for the sole purpose of winning the Indiana Mr. Football award? 

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

So you believe talented young Mr. Curry's dream of an NFL career (if that is indeed his dream) would have been greatly diminished had he chosen the likes of a Notre Dame or Purdue over Ohio State?

Edited by Muda69

26 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So you believe talented young Mr. Curry's dream of an NFL career (if that is indeed his dream) would have been greatly diminished had he chosen the likes of a Notre Dame or Purdue over Ohio State?

Don't believe Notre Dame ever offered Curry. 

Mr. Football can't be considered a "best player" award if you're not going to consider the kids choosing to play college football out of state. 

If you're good enough to play at Alabama and Ohio State, you're considered one of the best players in the country. 

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Mr. Football can't be considered a "best player" award if you're not going to consider the kids choosing to play college football out of state. 

If you're good enough to play at Alabama and Ohio State, you're considered one of the best players in the country. 

Mr football shouldn’t even consider what college a player may choose to play at.  Not that it does anyways

look at Micah Hauser.  No stars 1 offer to Indiana state from the looks of it….and he is a finalist for the award.  Don’t care if Curry and Allen are committed to B1G schools or not, his nomination and finalist position is because of what he did on Friday nights not where he will play on Saturdays 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Mr football shouldn’t even consider what college a player may choose to play at.  Not that it does anyways

look at Micah Hauser.  No stars 1 offer to Indiana state from the looks of it….and he is a finalist for the award.  Don’t care if Curry and Allen are committed to B1G schools or not, his nomination and finalist position is because of what he did on Friday nights not where he will play on Saturdays 

You are 100% correct there. The reason he doesn't have offers from B1G schools or other D1 schools is due to his measurables (height, weight, 40 time, etc). Unfortunate but true. Still has the heart of a lion.

If you are playing at OSU or any other program that could be a stepping stone to the league, I doubt you would care about winning Mr. Football.  

I will say it again, we will find out who Mr. Football is in about 5 years.   If #18 becomes an elite QB I am going to unleash a big fat "I told you so."

by the way, i realize that these kids are still a million miles away from the NFL.

55 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They did. And in my best Forest Gump voice:  That’s all I’m going to say about that. 

16 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

If you are playing at OSU or any other program that could be a stepping stone to the league, I doubt you would care about winning Mr. Football.  

I strongly disagree. 

24 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:  

I will say it again, we will find out who Mr. Football is in about 5 years.   If #18 becomes an elite QB I am going to unleash a big fat "I told you so."

This may be the most ignorant statement I’ve ever read, anytime, anywhere. 

• Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, Grover said:

I strongly disagree. 

Really?  Personally I have never had to worry about whether or not I would be Mr.Football, but you leave high school and life goes on.  Bigger and better things.  IF you make it (big IF), I just can't see that you would be real bitter about not winning Mr. Football.

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

Really?  Personally I have never had to worry about whether or not I would be Mr.Football, but you leave high school and life goes on.  Bigger and better things.  IF you make it (big IF), I just can't see that you would be real bitter about not winning Mr. Football.

Didn’t say they would be bitter. Just that it matters and they want it.