Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Curry to the OSU.

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

Don't be a jackass and develop a sense for sarcasm.

I bet you are a ton of fun at parties.

I guess I’m a jackass for not knowing you better? I can see by a later post that it was sarcasm, but I don’t really get into personalities and the like. So, carry on I guess. 

15 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So you believe talented young Mr. Curry's dream of an NFL career (if that is indeed his dream) would have been greatly diminished had he chosen the likes of a Notre Dame or Purdue over Ohio State?

No.  Just IU.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So you believe talented young Mr. Curry's dream of an NFL career (if that is indeed his dream) would have been greatly diminished had he chosen the likes of a Notre Dame or Purdue over Ohio State?

No I never said that. He could go to the University of Phoenix and still be a top draft pick if he’s as good as advertised, which I think he is. 
2nd and foremost my response wasn’t about pro potential it was your silly requirements for Mr. Footballs. The award has nothing to do with where they decide to play in college or how good they might be after high school. STATE LAW!

13 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

No I never said that. He could go to the University of Phoenix and still be a top draft pick if he’s as good as advertised, which I think he is. 
2nd and foremost my response wasn’t about pro potential it was your silly requirements for Mr. Footballs. The award has nothing to do with where they decide to play in college or how good they might be after high school. STATE LAW!

But IMHO it should. MUDA LAW!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

But IMHO it should. MUDA LAW!

Why should an award for the top player in Indiana have anything to do with if they choose to play college football in Indiana or not? Lots of factors these young men look into (and it doesn't always involve football, can also involve academics, Major choices, family history). So basically your saying we should for go giving Mr. Football to a player that elects to play at a high academic University that is successful in football for someone with less talent that decided to go to Purdue, Indiana, Ball State who have not had the same success and may not (depending on the College) be as prestigious. Doesn't make sense.

That is like saying a College player shouldn't get the Heisman if they were to get drafted by the Steelers, Patriots, 49ers, or Cowboys. Should only get that award if they go to the Lions.

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

So basically your saying we should for go giving Mr. Football to a player that elects to play at a high academic University that is successful in football for someone with less talent that decided to go to Purdue, Indiana, Ball State who have not had the same success and may not (depending on the College) be as prestigious. 

Yep, because the person actually cares about the Great State of Indiana.

That is like saying a College player shouldn't get the Heisman if they were to get drafted by the Steelers, Patriots, 49ers, or Cowboys. Should only get that award if they go to the Lions.

I don't understand your attempt at equivalency here, and what those four NFL teams have in common.

Why should an award for the top player in Indiana have anything to do with if they choose to play college football in Indiana or not? Lots of factors these young men look into (and it doesn't always involve football, can also involve academics, Major choices, family history). So basically your saying we should for go giving Mr. Football to a player that elects to play at a high academic University that is successful in football for someone with less talent that decided to go to Purdue, Indiana, Ball State who have not had the same success and may not (depending on the College) be as prestigious. Doesn't make sense.

Add the Packers and you have something there!

38 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't understand your attempt at equivalency here, and what those four NFL teams have in common.

We’ll dumb it down for you. It’s a high school football award. Nothing more, nothing less. Congratulate the winner and move forward. 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

The award is for the best football player that played High School Football in Indiana, not the best Indiana High School Football player that elected to play college football in Indiana.

My attempt at equivalency is that Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson have had more National Championships in football than Indian, Purdue, and Ball State (Notre Dame is a different animal with academic requirements). Steelers, Patriots, 49ers, and Cowboys have won a bunch of Super Bowls.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Not if they are a state traitor.

Hot take…..more than half of the people in Indiana would be better served by leaving and going to another state.  

too many stay because of family and keep the BS factory job or whatever and live a very unhappy life.

would be better if many people left and made it out on their own before deciding to move back and pour into the local communities.  

the state of Indiana is traitor to its own people in many cases and many of these young kids should go out and explore other areas to see what the rest of the US/World is like.  Good on those that have left that state to make a name for themselves elsewhere 

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Hot take…..more than half of the people in Indiana would be better served by leaving and going to another state.  

too many stay because of family and keep the BS factory job or whatever and live a very unhappy life.

would be better if many people left and made it out on their own before deciding to move back and pour into the local communities.  

the state of Indiana is traitor to its own people in many cases and many of these young kids should go out and explore other areas to see what the rest of the US/World is like.  Good on those that have left that state to make a name for themselves elsewhere 

Hmm, I left Indiana for almost 9 years, then came back.  And have never been happier.

Just because you have abandoned your home state for good doesn't mean all of us do.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hmm, I left Indiana for almost 9 years, then came back.  And have never been happier.

Just because you have abandoned your home state for good doesn't mean all of us do.

….I live in my home state 

I even live in the same city I was born in.  Less than a mile away from my birthplace lol 

13 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Not if they are a state traitor.

Traitor? 

You mean to those same state universities that have no problem admitting an out of state student over a state resident student because it means more $$. 

Go check out the rosters of IU, Purdue, ISU, Ball State football teams.  They are chocked full of out of stats traitors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Traitor? 

You mean to those same state universities that have no problem admitting an out of state student over a state resident student because it means more $$. 

Go check out the rosters of IU, Purdue, ISU, Ball State football teams.  They are chocked full of out of stats traitors. 

I will personally say Indiana and Purdue will pay more attention to lesser touted recruits from (Texas, Florida, and Ohio) than they will top recruits from Indiana. I think it is a shame because some great players leave Indiana to play at out of State Colleges because Indiana and Purdue do that exact thing. I may try to do some research when I get some free time, but I would bet some big hitters in NCAA D-1 do a pretty darn good job of recruiting and focusing on the top players from their own State.

I will exclude Notre Dame from this discussion because there are many factors that makes it different.

13 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I 100% can't wait to leave Indiana (not because it is a bad State) but because I am not a fan of cold bitter winters and would rather park my rear end near a beach! I have made a good living in Indiana just would rather be in warmer climates! 

• Like 1