Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Curry to the OSU.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I will personally say Indiana and Purdue will pay more attention to lesser touted recruits from (Texas, Florida, and Ohio) than they will top recruits from Indiana. I think it is a shame because some great players leave Indiana to play at out of State Colleges because Indiana and Purdue do that exact thing. I may try to do some research when I get some free time, but I would bet some big hitters in NCAA D-1 do a pretty darn good job of recruiting and focusing on the top players from their own State.

I will exclude Notre Dame from this discussion because there are many factors that makes it different.

I 100% can't wait to leave Indiana (not because it is a bad State) but because I am not a fan of cold bitter winters and would rather park my rear end near a beach! I have made a good living in Indiana just would rather be in warmer climates! 

It bugs me how much ND doesn’t care about in state prospects.  This years class is nine 4 star prospects or better.  Insane class for Indiana….and they got 2 commits out of it 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It bugs me how much ND doesn’t care about in state prospects.  This years class is nine 4 star prospects or better.  Insane class for Indiana….and they got 2 commits out of it 

if I counted right, only 4 Indiana offers....getting just 1 commit

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Season/2022-Football/Offers/

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

if I counted right, only 4 Indiana offers....getting just 1 commit

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Season/2022-Football/Offers/

ND has 2 Indiana kids in the 21 player early signing class that committed this past week: two OL, one from Zionsville and the other from Lawrenceburg. That’s about 20% of their class. 

Nationally, there are a little over 1 million boys playing 11 man football. A little over 20,000 — about 2% — come from Indiana. I wouldn’t say ND’s recruiting emphasis unduly excludes Indiana.

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

ND has 2 Indiana kids in the 21 player early signing class that committed this past week: two OL, one from Zionsville and the other from Lawrenceburg. That’s about 20% of their class. 

Nationally, there are a little over 1 million boys playing 11 man football. A little over 20,000 — about 2% — come from Indiana. I wouldn’t say ND’s recruiting emphasis unduly excludes Indiana.

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Good catch Bobref...I saw the young man from LB...just missed his commitment to ND.  

Really wasn't an opinion either way.  Just highlighting this year's offers.  I appreciate both skill and academic standards requires them to focus nationally.  But it looks like Indiana kids received 4 of ND's approximate 175 offers.  (2.3%)  I guess their offers align with the national numbers you provided.

36 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Have you given any thought to why it bugs you?

Oh plenty lol

but going into how NDs tv contracts and their reliance on playing a national schedule so they can pull recruits from everywhere is a discussion for the Next Level forum.  

My biggest issue is probably that ND has its name among the elite programs but they routinely finish somewhere just outside the top 5.  For their tradition and their recruits I just expect more. 

1989 was the last national championship team ND had.  30 years of being almost one of the best.  One of these years they will actually live up to the billing 

7 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oh plenty lol

but going into how NDs tv contracts and their reliance on playing a national schedule so they can pull recruits from everywhere is a discussion for the Next Level forum.  

My biggest issue is probably that ND has its name among the elite programs but they routinely finish somewhere just outside the top 5.  For their tradition and their recruits I just expect more. 

1989 was the last national championship team ND had.  30 years of being almost one of the best.  One of these years they will actually live up to the billing 

The “Ricky Bobby” mentality. In the last 5 seasons, the Irish have won 54 games (so far). How many D-I schools can say that? Take a look at the recruiting rankings. If anything, the Irish have recently overachieved.

43 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The “Ricky Bobby” mentality. In the last 5 seasons, the Irish have won 54 games (so far). How many D-I schools can say that? Take a look at the recruiting rankings. If anything, the Irish have recently overachieved.

rickybobby-2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Look…ND isn’t like my favorite team Wisconsin Badgers…it’s not like Purdue or Indiana….or even the Michigan teams.  

Notre Dame isn’t playing to win any conference championship or play in the Rose Bowl….they are playing to win national championships.  

that’s just what it is