7. Strong apathetic attitude towards football

8. Competitive consolidation

9. Merger consolidation

49 297 Lake Station    8 - Cons w River Forest 0.62 9.24 313 0.14 298 -0.31 297

55 309 Cloverdale     1-3,4,5,6,7 -6.60 27.98 267 -6.97 308 -7.63 309
56 311 Taylor        1-7 -9.58 22.54 289 -8.31 310 -11.69 312
57 313 Rock Creek Academy    1-7 -10.88 22.44 290 -9.06 311 -13.41 315

59 315 Oldenburg Academy     1-7 -12.64 10.35 312 -16.53 315 -11.81 313

61 318 Cambridge City Lincoln    1-3,4,5,6,7 -21.00 6.73 314 -22.96 318 -21.14 317

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Wood memorial should be on this list…although they may have already “contracted”.  Football program was suspended a few years back because of hazing BS and they haven’t fielded a team since

I would say Wood Memorial already contracted.  

Rock Creek should. The administration doesn’t care about football in the slightest. They talk like they do, but they don’t. They have no real practice field and no home game field, honestly just no real respect for what football is. The kids that finished out last year were amazing kids (just 15 of them). Not many kids coming back next year either and only a few incoming freshman. The school banks on transfers to come in from Jeff, New Albany and the surrounding areas, that’s just not happening with lack of facilities. They are on coach #5 in 8 years. I could go on and on but I can see them not having a program. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, J_Caldwell84 said:

Rock Creek should. The administration doesn’t care about football in the slightest. They talk like they do, but they don’t. They have no real practice field and no home game field, honestly just no real respect for what football is. The kids that finished out last year were amazing kids (just 15 of them). Not many kids coming back next year either and only a few incoming freshman. The school banks on transfers to come in from Jeff, New Albany and the surrounding areas, that’s just not happening with lack of facilities. They are on coach #5 in 8 years. I could go on and on but I can see them not having a program. 

Are you in favor of 8 man for schools like RC?  Please provide some detail with your response

42 minutes ago, HHF said:

Are you in favor of 8 man for schools like RC?  Please provide some detail with your response

I’m in favor of 8 man football for schools that will put the effort it deserves into it. If they do the same thing they do with 11 man there is no point IMO.

I’ve done a decent amount of research for 8 man when I was HC and it can build the same pride and character in the student athletes that 11 man can. Kansas has a great 8 man following. There are also some colleges really starting to take “sprint football” serious (where every player has to be 185lbs or less) Bellarmine in Louisville KY has been recruiting  heavily for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J_Caldwell84 said:

I’m in favor of 8 man football for schools that will put the effort it deserves into it. If they do the same thing they do with 11 man there is no point IMO.

I’ve done a decent amount of research for 8 man when I was HC and it can build the same pride and character in the student athletes that 11 man can. Kansas has a great 8 man following. There are also some colleges really starting to take “sprint football” serious (where every player has to be 185lbs or less) Bellarmine in Louisville KY has been recruiting  heavily for it. 

I believe Calumet College in Whiting is beginning sprint football. 

3 hours ago, J_Caldwell84 said:

There are also some colleges really starting to take “sprint football” serious (where every player has to be 185lbs or less) Bellarmine in Louisville KY has been recruiting  heavily for it. 

That sounds awful, and discriminatory.  Don't see how a public university or high school could get away with it.

• Disdain 1

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

That sounds awful, and discriminatory.  Don't see how a public university or high school could get away with it.

Discriminatory and unlawful are not the same thing. There are all sorts of discriminatory practices that are perfectly legal. Body size is not a “suspect classification,” like race, sex, religion, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Discriminatory and unlawful are not the same thing. There are all sorts of discriminatory practices that are perfectly legal. Body size is not a “suspect classification,” like race, sex, religion, etc.

Only a matter of time, Bob.  Only a matter of time.

"Bobby, your too fat to play football for Bellarmine, even though you were a high school star.  You weight 225 lbs". 

Lawsuit filed.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Like in Olympic boxing:

image.png.9882193ac1dd2c2e2f6d58ffd636153b.png

Although I do wonder what the reasoning for the 178 lbs. is.  It would seem, since the idea of the sport is on speed and agility, that those would be the determining factors for play ... e.g., shuttle times, etc.

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

Like in Olympic boxing:

image.png.9882193ac1dd2c2e2f6d58ffd636153b.png

Although I do wonder what the reasoning for the 178 lbs. is.  It would seem, since the idea of the sport is on speed and agility, that those would be the determining factors for play ... e.g., shuttle times, etc.

Nice try foxbat, but completely different than Olympic boxing.  Please show me a weight in Olympic Boxing that is banned from competing in the sport.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Nice try foxbat, but completely different than Olympic boxing.  Please show me a weight in Olympic Boxing that is banned from competing in the sport.

If you are looking for Olympic sports that ban certain weights either directly or indirectly, here you go:

• Lightweight rowing.  Lightweight rowing also exists at the high school and collegiate levels as well.  Limitations are 150 lbs. for men and 130 lbs. for women in high school. Collegiate is 160 lbs. for men and 130 lbs. for women ... same levels as the Olympics.
  • Bobsled has a de facto realistic limit because there are max weights for sled/crew combinations.  Assuming the lightest sled possible, women have a top weight of, on average, 176.5 lbs.  Minimum weights on the sleds are 364 lbs. for women, so anything heavier on the sled decreases the weight of the average sledder.  For men, there's a bit more, but still a max weight limit for the sled and crew as a whole.  For four-man, you are looking at max average weights of 231.5 lbs assuming the lightest sled weight possible at 463 lbs.
  • Skeleton similarly has a de facto realistic limit.  Max weight for men and equipment is around 254 lbs.  For women it's around 204 lbs.  Skeleton sleds tend to weigh in the 70 lb. range.  An "overweight" man can have a sled with a max weight of 73 lbs., which basically puts the max weight of the sport right around 181 lbs. for men ... close to the 178 lb. limit for the sprint football sport.

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Only a matter of time, Bob.  Only a matter of time.

"Bobby, your too fat to play football for Bellarmine, even though you were a high school star.  You weight 225 lbs". 

Lawsuit filed.

Notice that all the current SCOTUS Justices are skinny. 😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

If you are looking for Olympic sports that ban certain weights

But I'm not foxbat.  You trotted out what you thought was a cute "gotcha" to my original comment and were proved wrong.  So of course you doubled down, in a desperate attempt to save face.  You really are no different than the rest of us here on the GID in your zeal to not be proven wrong.  

Have a Happy Christmas.

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

Notice that all the current SCOTUS Justices are skinny. 😉

Nice non sequitur. 

Have a Happy Christmas.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

But I'm not foxbat.  You trotted out what you thought was a cute "gotcha" to my original comment and were proved wrong.  So of course you doubled down, in a desperate attempt to save face.  You really are no different than the rest of us here on the GID in your zeal to not be proven wrong.  

Have a Happy Christmas.

Not sure how you got "gotcha" as:

1) I was responding to @Bobref's post, not yours

2) I was agreeing with his premise

It is interesting though that you also seemed to miss my other comment to him as well that seems to question the reasoning of said restriction if there was some other item that it was supposed to be tied to:

image.thumb.png.ea995007815bf084ef3dbf1bd64fb5eb.png

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So you quoted me in your post yet were responding to Bobref.  Sure thing foxbat, whatever you say. <rolleyes>

Have a Happy Christmas.

Slow day on OOB 2.0.

• Disdain 1