Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Opting Out of Bowl Games

Bobref

1 hour ago, temptation said:

But BSECPN stated that Jimbo was doing “the responsible thing and placing a higher priority on player safety over money.”

(I just spit out my coffee.)

I see what you did there…lol

and for College basketball, they shall be known as DUKESPN

2 hours ago, temptation said:

But BSECPN stated that Jimbo was doing “the responsible thing and placing a higher priority on player safety over money.”

(I just spit out my coffee.)

OK, I have to know...... what is BSECPN?......and the quote above is pretty much exactly what Matich said last evening.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I see what you did there…lol

and for College basketball, they shall be known as DUKESPN

Come on Irish, help me out here.....🤣

I'm on my 2nd cup of LEADED coffee and still can't figure that acronym out.

3 minutes ago, DE said:

OK, I have to know...... what is BSECPN?......and the quote above is pretty much exactly what Matich said last evening.

Come on Irish, help me out here.....🤣

I'm on my 2nd cup of LEADED coffee and still can't figure that acronym out.

The mothership heavily favors the SEC in football, and Duke in basketball; nauseatingly so in both cases; so we inserted those letters into “ESPN”

48 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The mothership heavily favors the SEC in football, and Duke in basketball; nauseatingly so in both cases; so we inserted those letters into “ESPN”

Thanks.  I got the Duke one and part of the SEC one, but what does the "B" stand for @temptation?

"BS"?

On 12/23/2021 at 9:58 PM, DE said:

Saw many reports stating that there was much more than just Covid “issues” as to why TAM backed out. 
Top players opting out/QB transferring/numerous injuries

Sounded like Covid was a convenient “excuse” when Matich (who supported TAM backing out) and his co-host on tonight’s college bowl games discussed that topic. 

Oh well. Good for Rutgers and WF. 

Nothing surprises me anymore in the football business!  I'm happy for Rutgers, they're getting a nice payday.

1 hour ago, southend said:

Ok Bobref, I’ve been patiently waiting here with this thread, and I’ve combed thru it and not peep about coaches leaving or opting out of the bowl game that they were to play. 

Go ahead. Get it off your chest.

I can see some similarities … but also some important differences between the two situations.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I thought "Boston".  Doesn't ESPN broadcast pretty much every Red Sox home game, and every Red Sox - Yankees matchup?

This I’m not 100%, but espn sure does love that series. 

8 hours ago, southend said:

Ok Bobref, I’ve been patiently waiting here with this thread, and I’ve combed thru it and not peep about coaches leaving or opting out of the bowl game that they were to play. 

Saw a brief on line “spat” between Herbstreit (who is apparently anti opting out) and Shannon Sharpe (who posed the question about coaches leaving before the bowl game). 

IMSC, SS even referenced BK doing this twice to 2 of his programs. The most recent being ND to LSU. 

8 hours ago, DE said:

Saw a brief on line “spat” between Herbstreit (who is apparently anti opting out) and Shannon Sharpe (who posed the question about coaches leaving before the bowl game). 

IMSC, SS even referenced BK doing this twice to 2 of his programs. The most recent being ND to LSU. 

Yes, again, there isn’t a set answer here. The kids are looking out for their futures just as coaches are looking out for themselves. 
My point being, the title of this thread. I know bobref went in to reference players ,but it really is the same if you think they have a moral obligation. If not, then it isn’t.