Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Congratulations Brady Allen Mr Football

Well deserved.  Really cool watching him getting surprised in the locker room with his Mom and Dad there.  It's so cliche' but this kid put in (and puts in) just an incredible amount of work to get to this point.  I expect that work ethic to continue well into the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Well deserved.  Really cool watching him getting surprised in the locker room with his Mom and Dad there.  It's so cliche' but this kid put in (and puts in) just an incredible amount of work to get to this point.  I expect that work ethic to continue well into the future.

The video of this.  What a special moment for the Allen family 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

Congrats 18.  Boiler UP!

I going to enjoy you in the Black and Gold MUCH more (instead of dropping dimes on us)!!!

Kid deserved it.

You’re not out of the water yet lol

if Coach Hart has shown one thing…it’s that he can develop QBs. 

Scheller-Sellers-Sellers-Allen….All 4 have been 3A All state QBs.  The next QB might not have the arm of Allen but I’m sure he’s going to have every opportunity to join the previous 4 starting QBs for GS at the All State level 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

You’re not out of the water yet lol

if Coach Hart has shown one thing…it’s that he can develop QBs. 

Scheller-Sellers-Sellers-Allen….All 4 have been 3A All state QBs.  The next QB might not have the arm of Allen but I’m sure he’s going to have every opportunity to join the previous 4 starting QBs for GS at the All State level 

Indeed, I haven't forgotten the Scheller/Sellers boys, they were all tough.  To be honest, I really envy the development of the QB as GS.  In case anyone wasn't paying attention, we typically ask the question, "who is our most athletic senior?", CONGRATS you are the QB!  Sometimes that is the answer, but most the time, if you want to make deep runs, you must develop the young guy.  We have a current freshman that I would think would be the go to guy, and a 7th grader that could take over right after him.  Gut says it won't happen.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Indeed, I haven't forgotten the Scheller/Sellers boys, they were all tough.  To be honest, I really envy the development of the QB as GS.  In case anyone wasn't paying attention, we typically ask the question, "who is our most athletic senior?", CONGRATS you are the QB!  Sometimes that is the answer, but most the time, if you want to make deep runs, you must develop the young guy.  We have a current freshman that I would think would be the go to guy, and a 7th grader that could take over right after him.  Gut says it won't happen.

I haven’t noticed too much but I have noticed multiple players being able to step in and get the job done

i think for you guys specifically, the scheme requires a more physical QB who is built up a bit….and there are not too many freshman who fit that bill.  

unless of course Coach Wilk wants to take it back to how 2014 was and running the spread lol those were some fun games.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:31 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I haven’t noticed too much but I have noticed multiple players being able to step in and get the job done

i think for you guys specifically, the scheme requires a more physical QB who is built up a bit….and there are not too many freshman who fit that bill.  

unless of course Coach Wilk wants to take it back to how 2014 was and running the spread lol those were some fun games.

We have had more athletic QBs since Logan, but I'm not sure we have had a better QB since Logan.  In the last decade of quarterbacks (again, not running QBs), he is likely the best one we have had in this last decade.

And yes, that was a fun year.   shoulda, woulda, coulda, but we should have won state that year.  I guess you know that feeling.....

13 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

We have had more athletic QBs since Logan, but I'm not sure we have had a better QB since Logan.  In the last decade of quarterbacks (again, not running QBs), he is likely the best one we have had in this last decade.

And yes, that was a fun year.   shoulda, woulda, coulda, but we should have won state that year.  I guess you know that feeling.....

2015 for sure.  That team was just soooo good.  If it weren’t for the Magical run this last year and Brady taking it to an entirely new level, I would probably argue that Sellers was the best QB we have had at GS….at least statistically and in terms of scheme fit.

What Brady has done these last few years, especially this year, has made many forget about how good Sellers was for us.  His senior year he threw for 3000 yards and 40+ touchdowns…but then he added like 800 rushing and another 15 touchdowns.  A true dual threat….pretty dang good for a kid who was our starting long snapper as a freshman